Edge James Wants To Play In Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Edge James Wants To Play In Miami

DOLFANMIKE said:
He'd be a great fit in Miami IMO

Same here D-Mike. If the Colts were smart they'd take a mid round draft pick and trade him to Miami. After all after this season he's leaving Indy no matter what. This way they at least get something for him.

Oliver...

That is the only back I would want to trrade for now. Otherwise we might give too much for a back of medeocre quality.

Come free agency 2005, my feeling is that Edgerrin is all but a Phin like right away. But, that doesn't help us this season. The Colts won't deal him, because they are looking to make a super bowl run themselves. Contrary to popular belief they did not need to dismantle the ship to keep Peyton, in fact they kept most everything in tact that they wanted/needed to keep in tact. But, if you think OUR "window is closing" well the Peyton deal ensures that their window is about to be slammed shut by Aunt B on someone's fingers. Reggie Wayne's coming into his 4th year, Marvin Harrison I think has contract issues...Edge becomes a UFA next year. I doubt they'll trade Edge because they want to make a run this year.

I find it funny how many people are talking about Edge being past his prime when he and Ricky are the same age. No, wait, Edgerrin is younger than Ricky. He is about to turn 26 years old in a week. Ricky turned 27 a few months ago. Wear and tear? Edgerrin James came out of college early, having really only been a fulltime starter at UM for like 1 year. Ricky had carried the load over 4 years enough in college to where he set the record for yardage by a single college runningback. When Ricky and Edgerrin came out, Ricky was the one considered to have the short end of the stick in terms of durability and length of career...because of the pounding he took in college.

How about durability over their careers? Edgerrin has played in 65 games and rushed for 6200 yards on a 4.2 ypc...with 42 TDs. Ricky has played in 70 games and rushed for 6350 yards on a 4.0 ypc...with 41 TDs.

I'm a big Canes fan, so I'm somewhat familiar with Edgerrin, and I'm also likely to be a defender of him (even though I despise some former canes like Vinny Testeverde, Warren Sapp, etc). I find it funny when people say something like "he hasn't been the same since the injury" Well, he hasn't had the same production, but he hasn't been looking at the same offense either. First off, he had an ACL tear. It was a weird injury, because Edgerrin actually ended up playing with it I believe for maybe a game which made it somewhat worst, and initially it was diagnosed as a sprain but then they found that it was a tear so he was getting the wrong treatment. The surgery he had for it in 2001, happened later in the year because of this, and therefore in 2002, he was still greatly affected by it. Also during 2002 he was greatly affected by the fact that the Colts OL was probably the worst run-blocking OL they had seen in years.

There's a saying about ACL tears, they say it takes 2 years to come back fully from them...and a lot of times, they are right. How off a year did Edgerrin have in 2002 coming back from the ACL tear? Well he averaged a better ypc than Ricky did in 2003...

So anyway, this season Edgerrin came back, felt a lot better, ran for 1250 yards on a 4.1 ypc, 11 TDs...caught 50 passes, and averaged almost 100 yards rushing per game played. It kills me when people say that he hasn't been the same since injury because, well first off its only been 2 years since the injury, and one of those years the normal prognosis is that the RB will have difficulties producing the same as he's use to as he continues to rehab the ACL...and the other year, 2003, how many people that say that actually watched Edgerrin play this year?

The main difference between 2003 and his hey-day when he led the league in rushing two years in a row, is that the Colts offense morphed during the time that Edge was out, from a play-action offense to almost a K-Gun type check-with-me passing offense...and the reasoning there is the injury to Edgerrin, combined with the maturation of guys like Harrison and Reggie Wayne. Edgerrin didn't get the same kind of carries this year as he use to, but thats because the Colts don't want to burn him out like we were burning out Ricky.

As as far as style of running goes, Edgerrin is much more of a speedy slasher than Ricky, who is more like a bulldozer. So, of the two, the one you would think would wear down quicker in his career, would be Ricky Williams.

It just gets to me when people who thought Ricky was a god say something like Edge is over the hill or Edge hasn't been the same since injury, etc. Next offseason when Edge becomes a UFA, he will turn 27 years old at the start of training camp. Thats not too bad, considering he's not the kind of Jim Brown, Eddie George, Earl Campbell plodder that Ricky was.

How about a Sam Madison for Edge trade since Indy needs CBs?

Im not willing to give up Sam Madison.. sorry... dont care what anyone says.. our D is real solid right now. And according to the papers, with Ricky leaving that leaves us money to sign Ogun, set up a new contract for Chambers and sign another RB... im good with that.. leave the D as it is... get Edgerin next year when he wont cost as much... since he wants to be here anyway.

It was just a thought considering we payed alot for Howard and it sounds like Will Poole is looking like a player.

this should be the tell tale season as to Edge's remaining value... as he is two years removed from knee injury and in a contract year.

Maybe Edge can do something like sit out training camp to get the colts to trade him. I remember the one year he didnt go to the colts camp or mini-camp and manning was pretty pissed.

Amen CK, I mean the total chaos of this sudden and unexpected retirement has "folks talking and acting delirious.Ok me and Ricky are the same age of 27 and EJ is a year younger than both of us but HE'S PAST HIS PRIME....WTF???? I'm a die hard FINS fan here in DC and I've had ever since I got word on the Saturday Night 2AM SportsCenter to get my opinions and comments in order so HERE IT GOES AND I'VE GOT ON MY VEST FOR ALL THE POSSIBLE BUCKSHOTS I MAY RECEIVE.Ricky although he did wonders for our anemic rushing offense (VIA 2001 SEASON AND BEFORE) but RICKY ALWAYS HAS BEEN AN "ENIGMA" OF SORTS.The photo for ESPN the Magazine with him and Ditka on the cover.HIS ENTIRE ROOKIE SEASON VERSUS THE MEDIA...for those with a faint memory he basically handled all of his interviews wearing his football helmet with protective shield.....YEAH MOST OF US FANS INCLUDING MYSELF WONDERED WHAT THE HELL IS THIS GUYS PROBLEM???? HINT HINT.........ISOLATION FROM THE PUBLIC EYE (CLUE #1). Did yall ever wonder why he didn't seem to dedicated to the team THAT BET THE HOUSE,FARM,AND KITCHEN SINK IN ORDER TO DRAFT YOU you play for this team overweight and out of shape (rebellious attitude Clue #2).Finally because he's been perceived as a villain or bad guy he is anxious for a change of scenery (HOW MANY OTHER PLAYERS DOES THIS DESCRIBE AS WELL????).Once he gets his wish he has a chip on his shoulder and has this unexplained adrenaline rush in order to prove the skeptics or doubters wrong (MIAMI DOLPHINS PRIZED ACQUISTION IN 2002 AND MAYBE TEAM HISTORY) which would be Clue #3 and his self-reliant attitude.The bonus or Clue #4 would be and I could be wrong but he is a GEMINI.Nothing against Geminis but they are very unpredictable and erratic at least most of the Geminis I've been in contact with.SUGGESTIONS FEEDBACK ANYONE ANYONE????

Hey i am a Gemini... and yes while we are unpredictable and erratic, we for the most part are NOT irresponsible, which is what he is being right now.

Edge is a damn good running back...But you have to remember he had harrison and peyton helping it out. I think he would be a decent fit in Miami tho.

CharlestonPhan said:
this should be the tell tale season as to Edge's remaining value... as he is two years removed from knee injury and in a contract year.
I agree. It looks like Edge wants to be here. If he looks good this season we can get him as a FA next year. I don't think Indy can pay him.

Back
Top Bottom