Edge James Wants To Play In Miami | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Edge James Wants To Play In Miami

Hey MissMeth that avatar of yours, is that the one game Dolphin Dash or whatever that just about gives me seizures and makes you want to froth at the mouth whenever you play it?

Anyway, yeah he's being irresponsible. The whole Ricky thing, its just going to go down as another failure of the Wannstedt regime and Rick Spielman is going to have to do some serious side-stepping to make sure none of the feces gets on his boots because he had his hands all over those negotiations too. The bottom line is, as Randy Mueller once told people as soon as he traded Ricky, this guy was destined to do something inexplicable and STUPID.

Bottom line I think is we shouldn't have traded for Ricky, and it will go as a black mark against the regime, as surprised as we are...Wanny kind of put his hands all over this acquisition and said that everything's going to be ok, this is the piece of the puzzle we were missing. He said, if Ricky rushes for 1500+ yards, we'll be in the Super Bowl so we won't mind giving up the second 1st rounder. He was the one that was comfortable with Ricky as a person and as a football player, after their many discussions.

Its kinda sad.

Man all this ricky crap has now got me worried about Boston. I hope he doesnt flake out on the Fins too.

Edgerrin was having outstanding years before Peyton and Harrison were the Peyton and Harrison that they are today. I believe Edge first joined the team, and became a rookie of the year pro bowl RB and leading NFL rusher, in only Peyton's 2nd year as a pro. As a rookie, Manning had a QB rating of 71, when Marshall Faulk was their RB. Marshall did well mind you, but Edgerrin was a different type of back and helped guide that offense to be one of the best in the league, while Peyton was a 2nd year pro.

I suppose you could argue all day whether Edge was always helped by Peyton and Marvin, or whether it was Edge that helped Peyton and Marvin come into their own (note: Peyton's 2nd worst season as a pro was the year Edge missed 10 games...in fact, look at Peyton's QB rating and you'll see its almost perfectly linearly tied to Edge's rushing production). My instinct is to say that to make a really talented trio, and to make the kind of offensive production that the Colts were able to make in Edge's uninjured years, that main trio has to have real talent coming from all of them. Peyton, Harrison, and Edge are all very talented.

JJ777 said:
Man all this ricky crap has now got me worried about Boston. I hope he doesnt flake out on the Fins too.
Man, hadn't thought about that. But you're right.

I'm not sure anything would surprise me much at this point....knock on wood.

ckparrothead said:
Edgerrin was having outstanding years before Peyton and Harrison were the Peyton and Harrison that they are today. I believe Edge first joined the team, and became a rookie of the year pro bowl RB and leading NFL rusher, in only Peyton's 2nd year as a pro. As a rookie, Manning had a QB rating of 71, when Marshall Faulk was their RB. Marshall did well mind you, but Edgerrin was a different type of back and helped guide that offense to be one of the best in the league, while Peyton was a 2nd year pro.

I suppose you could argue all day whether Edge was always helped by Peyton and Marvin, or whether it was Edge that helped Peyton and Marvin come into their own (note: Peyton's 2nd worst season as a pro was the year Edge missed 10 games...in fact, look at Peyton's QB rating and you'll see its almost perfectly linearly tied to Edge's rushing production). My instinct is to say that to make a really talented trio, and to make the kind of offensive production that the Colts were able to make in Edge's uninjured years, that main trio has to have real talent coming from all of them. Peyton, Harrison, and Edge are all very talented.

Actually the Edge arrived a year after Peyton. But I think it's easy to make the case that the Edge helped Peyton as much Peyton helped the Edge.

Oliver...

JJ777 said:
How about a Sam Madison for Edge trade since Indy needs CBs?

Yes, but I don't want to screw Madison like that. I know he is on the deline but he has been loyal to the phins. He restructured this year and has taken less money to make our team better and end his career with the phins. I don't want to screw a guy who has paid his dues. That is New England's style not ours.

Back
Top Bottom