Egnew

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by MO Dolphan, Dec 30, 2012.

1. MO Dolphan

MO Dolphan Rookie

What does a player like Egnew need/have to do in the offseason to improve his game enough to be a contributor on offense in 2013?

What will he work on...what does he need to work on the most...and how will this get accomplished?

I think he has the size and speed, but where will the difference come from?

2. johngarry

johngarry "Mysterious" Super Donator Donator

go play Arena ball… NFL means Not For Lightweights

3. finfromthenorth

finfromthenorth Starter Donator

From what has been said he cannot block. If he can do that at an nfl level he will play. Until the he sits.

4. jacquesstrap

jacquesstrap Well-Known Member

Unless he can have a brain transplant, I don't think he can improve.

5. KTOWNFINFAN

KTOWNFINFAN Seasoned Veteran

A miracle

6. hoops

hoops exited stage left

he was flat out awful in the reps he got...we wasted a pick fellas...if you think that buttercup is gonna learn to play a physical position like te in the nfl i got news for ya...bust

i was embarrassed watching that guy play today...

7. Slim

Slim VIPeezy

The only bright side to the season being over is that I don't have to see freaking Egnew threads every week. What is the board's fascination with this bum? He's hot garbage and wouldn't have made 90% of rosters.

Please move on!!!

8. CO-Gator

CO-Gator They all float down here.

I turned the game off when we went down 14-0 because I knew it was over so I didn't see Egnew. But that Brandon Marshall trade looks more and more like a free giveaway every day.

9. SabanHater

SabanHater ***** in the House!

he needs to call a moving company

10. hoops

hoops exited stage left

he came in when fasano went out on what should have been a 15 yard penalty b/t and i immediately started worrying about tannehills health...god he looked awful..on a day when a lot of guys looked awful egnew looked like the guy who least belonged on the field...hell he looks like he doesn't belong in a nfl camp

11. kvado16

kvado16 A True Fan

One year, and he's done really? Get real guys, truth is you've never seen him play, Y'all are just scared its another Turner dilemma. Keep in mind Miller, doesnt get to play much either but we all know he's good. Also if you check Jermichael Finley's rookie season he didnt do crap either in his first season. Wait till the conclusion of next season before you call him a bum.

12. kcbrown

kcbrown Life is what we make it. Donator

Who took this kids balls? He's mentality is just not on an NFL level.

I was watching a documentary on Netflix about Oso Blanco - a huge prison in Puerto Rico. When the new guys would come in to the facility, all the inmates would scream "New meat, new meat....he's mine, I want him..." Egnew reminds me of a new Oso Blanco "inmate" stepping onto the field, just waiting to get mauled and dominated physically.

13. hoops

hoops exited stage left

he's done...you'll figure it out in camp 2013 when they cut weight...that kids horrendous...

14. Awsi Dooger

Awsi Dooger A True Fan

His frame looked terrible. I don't know how else to put it. Soft and undeveloped with strangely placed cavities. It reminded me of when I was a teenager and an "old" guy in his 40s insisted on playing in Sunday pickup basketball games with us. He wasn't a bad player but we begged him to put his shirt on because he was so grotesquely tanned and lacked definition.

You might excuse Egnew to the weight room if he demonstrated any type of explosion. Instead, he runs evenly and dull, kind of like a maiden claiming horse.

15. slickrickpuppy

slickrickpuppy Banned Hammered

he seems soft ..personality wise always a key factor with a bust satisfied...also has a weak looking torso skinny arms..lets keep it simple...a bust!

16. gdiaz0358

gdiaz0358 Rookie

There are a lot of GOOD TEs who cant block, thats why they are lined up out wide, if he can catch and run his routes who cares if he cant block...on running plays DONT FREAKING PUT HIM IN!!!!! Fasano is very good at blocking and catching, so its not like we completely give away the run play because Fasano can go out and catch. If we have 2 TE formations then one can block and the other can go out for a pass. I am sure if he is out there catching balls and scoring TDs no one will care how bad he blocks. He can get better at blocking, he needs to be on the field. This is ridiculous,.

17. flynryan15

flynryan15 A True Fan Donator

Another freaking bust kid is a pansy!

18. Ikema

Ikema FinHeaven VIP

At this point I would say we need to draft a tight end that can block. That could possibly free him up to do what he does best, running that seam route.

The book on him always said he needed the bulk up, so he should start a good PED run, and really concentrate on his blocking. Judging from what I saw from Hard Knocks, and I realize that is like 1% of the whole story… He seems soft. I mean the kid look like he was going to cry half the time, the other half he was on the ground after missing a block.

Contrary to half the screamers around here I've always understood what he was and that was a full year project. His ceiling could be huge, but like any gamble it's not a sure thing.

19. northnj dolfan

northnj dolfan Well-Known Member

Cut his ***, another wasted pick, the kid is clueless and has zero talent

20. johngarry

ok, so let's ask… who picked him? whodunit?

if it was Philbin, why didn't Ireland dissent.

if it was Ireland… why isn't he clearing out his office today?

21. Dick Pepperwood

Dick Pepperwood A True Fan

Dolphins and Tight Ends. We cant Draft One, and Our Defense Cant Over One. Who was the Last Good TE we Had? Keith Jackson? Look at the Pats Yesterday. Gronk and Gonzazlez That's Retarded.

22. johngarry

well then ****, we'd better draft Ty Eifert at #12 (or move up if we have to)… cause if we don't… Bill Belichick will.

23. mfinsrule1

mfinsrule1 Rookie

How to fix Egnew? Simple. Brain transplant with Tony Gonzalez into Egnews body and an offseason in the weight room. Other than that I don't see anything about this kid that makes me think he can play. Poor frame, poorer mind, even poorer desire. If I had a coach rip me like Sherman did in Hard Knocks on national tv, and the media and fans ridiculing me like this I would be busting my *** to stick it to every damned one of em.