Elite QB for Super Bowl? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Elite QB for Super Bowl?

None of this matters because the guy has two rings.....

Don't be hating big brother because the little brother they share a room (stadium) with can't ever get over the hump

elite postseason QB? maybe but not an elite QB overall, not even in the discussion.

B/c the Giants D shut down Brady & Co doesn't make Eli elite.

Actually Flacco factoring his body of work since in the league and last 2 postseasons is proving himself to be more "Elite" as a QB than the Jets have ever been as a team. :idk:

Both are high draft picks with elite talent. One a first rounder and the other a very high 2nd rounder that could have gone in the 1st based on talent. I was a strong proponent of drafting Kaepernick in 2011. Obviously Pouncey was a good pick as well and can't be argued with much, however we once again bypassed the QB position for a lineman. Just look how many of the QB's in the playoffs should have been drafted by Miami. I do think we finally have our guy in Tannehill though....now lets get him some weapons to work with.

Good QBs get you to the playoffs. Your defense and run game get you to the superbowl. If you turn the ball over, you lose.

With two above average, good, but definitely not elite QB's going to the Super Bowl this year, does this dispell the saying that you need an elite QB to get to the Super Bowl?

A QB with a lasser arm and incredible running speed like Kaepernick is not elite, is a beast!!!! And Flacco finally got his weapons in Pitta, Smith and Boldin, he is looking like an elite QB to me. While it is certain that an elite QB may not be necessary to make it to the superbowl, it is the quickest way to do it. Having a once in a decade defense like the Ravens or Bucaneers may take lots of amazing drafts, or you can have a Rodgers, Brees, Brady or Manning. A very cappable TE in today's NFL is a MUST!

What makes you a good QB? Better than half the others in the league? What makes you elite? Top 10? Let's list the top 15 QB's in the league in order for me in your opinion.

This **** AGAIN???

Meanwhile, if those games went the other way yesterday, you would have been among the group of posters asserting quite arrogantly that it's a quarterback league and virtually nothing else matters. I can just imagine if the championship games had been Brady vs. Peyton and Rodgers vs. Ryan. We never would have heard the end of it.

So naturally you've got to expect a bit of recoil when it goes the other way, especially in such delightful fashion, with Peyton losing at home as a 9 point favorite, Rodgers destroyed on the road, Ryan coughing up a 17 point lead at home, and Brady losing by 15 at home, outscored 21-zilch in the second half.

In fact, that warrants a replay...Peyton losing at home as a 9 point favorite, Rodgers destroyed on the road, Ryan coughing up a 17 point lead at home, and Brady losing by 15 at home, outscored 21-zilch in the second half.

It's still a quarterback league. I'm not going to pretend this will be an ongoing trend. But it serves to point out that pass defense still matters. San Francisco attacks the quarterback and defends the pass. Baltimore had poor defensive stats by their standards this season but with everybody back they retained the know how. The playoffs are the only tolerable football of the season because the refs actually let them play in the secondary.

Atlanta ran the ball only 378 times this season. That warrants a dismissal. The league should have been embarrassed if the Falcons made it. Let Gonzalez cry in the corner while looking at a sheet with that 378 number emblazoned.

Kudos to the Harbaugh brothers for astutely providing some contrast. Along with Pete Carroll. Hopefully there will be others. The league has been dissolving in ignorance in recent years, with one coach after another brainstorming to throw the ball and throw the ball again, regardless of who his quarterback is.

Notice it doesn't take much, once you break the conformity. There's no way a Jim Harbaugh could have taken over a struggling team 20 or 30 years ago and advanced to the Super Bowl within two seasons. Too many brute teams in that era, ones who actually hit you.

Meanwhile, if those games went the other way yesterday, you would have been among the group of posters asserting quite arrogantly that it's a quarterback league and virtually nothing else matters. I can just imagine if the championship games had been Brady vs. Peyton and Rodgers vs. Ryan. We never would have heard the end of it.

So naturally you've got to expect a bit of recoil when it goes the other way, especially in such delightful fashion, with Peyton losing at home as a 9 point favorite, Rodgers destroyed on the road, Ryan coughing up a 17 point lead at home, and Brady losing by 15 at home, outscored 21-zilch in the second half.

In fact, that warrants a replay...Peyton losing at home as a 9 point favorite, Rodgers destroyed on the road, Ryan coughing up a 17 point lead at home, and Brady losing by 15 at home, outscored 21-zilch in the second half.

It's still a quarterback league. I'm not going to pretend this will be an ongoing trend. But it serves to point out that pass defense still matters. San Francisco attacks the quarterback and defends the pass. Baltimore had poor defensive stats by their standards this season but with everybody back they retained the know how. The playoffs are the only tolerable football of the season because the refs actually let them play in the secondary.

Atlanta ran the ball only 378 times this season. That warrants a dismissal. The league should have been embarrassed if the Falcons made it. Let Gonzalez cry in the corner while looking at a sheet with that 378 number emblazoned.

Kudos to the Harbaugh brothers for astutely providing some contrast. Along with Pete Carroll. Hopefully there will be others. The league has been dissolving in ignorance in recent years, with one coach after another brainstorming to throw the ball and throw the ball again, regardless of who his quarterback is.

Notice it doesn't take much, once you break the conformity. There's no way a Jim Harbaugh could have taken over a struggling team 20 or 30 years ago and advanced to the Super Bowl within two seasons. Too many brute teams in that era, ones who actually hit you.

While true WV would talk about Matt Ryan all day for two next two weeks but that's nothing compared to the 365 days a year Jets talk we have here.

I think more than anything, the 49ers and Ravens have proven once again that defense can go a LONG way in winning Super Bowls....and New England and Atlanta proved that a lack of a good defense certainly can and almost always will hinder you from winning championships.

Back
Top Bottom