Eric Ebron | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eric Ebron

SCall13

Finheaven QB
Reaction score
We have to be targeting this kid from UNC. He is the real deal and would give this team an enormous boost. Great hands, great speed. Not the greatest blocker, but better than we have now. Clay and Ebron would be a nice combo. Thoughts?

We should invest in some other position, Clay is turning out to be a stud and Sims is a pretty good 2nd TE. Definitely a luxury to draft Ebron.

I really like Ebron and he's a pretty good blocker....played DE as a freshman, like to mix it up....

I love the kid. What a weapon.

The line needs to be fixed first though. Plus, signing Grimes and one of the FA DT's has to happen or else a pick like this cannot happen.

---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

I love the kid. What a weapon.

The line needs to be fixed first though. Plus, signing Grimes and one of the FA DT's has to happen or else a pick like this cannot happen.

Big fan as well. Also like Jace Amaro. And even with the question marks Colt Lyerla is a stud and if he checked out in interviews Id still take him early...probably 2nd round.

Lots of positions to upgrade...none more obvious than the O-line. It would be nice to grab a Tackle or guard in FA as well

looks like the top tight end to me...only question i have is what is his real size come combine time...if he's a legit 6 ft 4 and 250 i'm impressed...he has nice speed and movement skills like a wr

i will keep saying the guy if i'm miami i try to get though in the mid rounds is jake mcgee of uva...not much of a blocker but a win red zone option that gets open and has soft hands...people sleeping on that kid

miami right now has to think oline lb and free safety as the primary needs...running back also may get a mid round look i'd say...

looks like the top tight end to me...only question i have is what is his real size come combine time...if he's a legit 6 ft 4 and 250 i'm impressed...he has nice speed and movement skills like a wr

i will keep saying the guy if i'm miami i try to get though in the mid rounds is jake mcgee of uva...not much of a blocker but a win red zone option that gets open and has soft hands...people sleeping on that kid

miami right now has to think oline lb and free safety as the primary needs...running back also may get a mid round look i'd say...
Agreed on the needs. It'd be nice to at least shore up one of those in FA. On the o-line we are going to need at minumum a LT and guard. Lache Seastrunk is the RB i want...but not sure Im willing to use a 1st rd pick on a RB.

Also Hoops did you get a chance to watch Bailey for USC?

Agreed on the needs. It'd be nice to at least shore up one of those in FA. On the o-line we are going to need at minumum a LT and guard. Lache Seastrunk is the RB i want...but not sure Im willing to use a 1st rd pick on a RB.

Also Hoops did you get a chance to watch Bailey for USC?

no rb in the first round for me...i'm oline or lb all the way right now at least...any high level instincts lb would be fine by me...instead of these all athlete no feel for the position guys we got...

i don't see a safety worth our pick either...

i only saw a quarter of the sc dame game...he looked ok from what i did see...haven't see many other sc games yet...i really liked that guy though instincts wise at lb in the past...i would think it will carry over to safety too

At S Id probably try to resign Clemmons on another 1 year cheap deal like we did for this year...then draft a guy in the middle rounds. I still like Whitley and a few others who have some value in that 2-4 range.

At this point its gotta be O-line. Gotta keep Tannehill alive or nothing else matters.

I havent seen too many linebackers that stick out as far as a prototype instinctual guy. No Kuechly in this draft IMO

whitley drops his head and strikes air a lot...physical but not a consistent enough tackler for me...head hunter will strike you but not what i'm looking for

At S Id probably try to resign Clemmons on another 1 year cheap deal like we did for this year...then draft a guy in the middle rounds. I still like Whitley and a few others who have some value in that 2-4 range.

At this point its gotta be O-line. Gotta keep Tannehill alive or nothing else matters.

I havent seen too many linebackers that stick out as far as a prototype instinctual guy. No Kuechly in this draft IMO

Chris Borland and C.J. Mosley both have elite instincts.

C.J. to me is tailored made for the pro-game.

Chris Borland and C.J. Mosley both have elite instincts.
Havent seen much of Boreland. CJ though is a very good player....but hes not in the class of Kuechly coming out IMO. That said...thats kind of an unfair comparison because Kuechly might be the best in the business already.

Hoops I agree that Whitley has some inconsistency to him...but the physicality and the physical talent in general are there. The only thing that scares me about him is with the way the league is trending that guys who play the game like him might have diminished value. Id like an Earl Thomas or an Eric Berry but I havent seen one yet

I never said they were in Kuechly's class.... I said they have elite instincts. The only think keeping Borland out of Kuechly's class as a prospect is the prototypical 6'3", 250 pound size. Furthermore, I don't have to be educated on what type of player Kuechly was or is. He's the guy I repeatedly stated that I would've drafted at #8 instead of Tannehill. I said it for months....

Borland is as close to a Zach Thomas/London Fletcher type inside linebacker as you'll find. He's a carbon copy of Zach Thomas coming out of Texas Tech, except he's faster and a better blitzer than Zach Thomas was. Borland is flat out incredible for an inside linebacker... game in and game out. Has been for years.

Back
Top Bottom