Eric Ebron

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by SCall13, Oct 20, 2013.

1. SCall13

SCall13 Finheaven QB

We have to be targeting this kid from UNC. He is the real deal and would give this team an enormous boost. Great hands, great speed. Not the greatest blocker, but better than we have now. Clay and Ebron would be a nice combo. Thoughts?

2. finsfanjay13

finsfanjay13 Rookie Donator

I'm a big fan of Ebron and think he'll be a first rounder.

3. kvado16

kvado16 A True Fan

We should invest in some other position, Clay is turning out to be a stud and Sims is a pretty good 2nd TE. Definitely a luxury to draft Ebron.

4. FSU Truth

FSU Truth The North Remembers Finheaven VIP

I really like Ebron and he's a pretty good blocker....played DE as a freshman, like to mix it up....

5. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

I love the kid. What a weapon.

The line needs to be fixed first though. Plus, signing Grimes and one of the FA DT's has to happen or else a pick like this cannot happen.

---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

I love the kid. What a weapon.

The line needs to be fixed first though. Plus, signing Grimes and one of the FA DT's has to happen or else a pick like this cannot happen.

6. MiamiDolphin618

MiamiDolphin618 A True Fan

Big fan as well. Also like Jace Amaro. And even with the question marks Colt Lyerla is a stud and if he checked out in interviews Id still take him early...probably 2nd round.

Lots of positions to upgrade...none more obvious than the O-line. It would be nice to grab a Tackle or guard in FA as well

7. hoops

hoops exited stage left

looks like the top tight end to me...only question i have is what is his real size come combine time...if he's a legit 6 ft 4 and 250 i'm impressed...he has nice speed and movement skills like a wr

i will keep saying the guy if i'm miami i try to get though in the mid rounds is jake mcgee of uva...not much of a blocker but a win red zone option that gets open and has soft hands...people sleeping on that kid

miami right now has to think oline lb and free safety as the primary needs...running back also may get a mid round look i'd say...

8. MiamiDolphin618

Agreed on the needs. It'd be nice to at least shore up one of those in FA. On the o-line we are going to need at minumum a LT and guard. Lache Seastrunk is the RB i want...but not sure Im willing to use a 1st rd pick on a RB.

Also Hoops did you get a chance to watch Bailey for USC?

9. hoops

hoops exited stage left

no rb in the first round for me...i'm oline or lb all the way right now at least...any high level instincts lb would be fine by me...instead of these all athlete no feel for the position guys we got...

i don't see a safety worth our pick either...

i only saw a quarter of the sc dame game...he looked ok from what i did see...haven't see many other sc games yet...i really liked that guy though instincts wise at lb in the past...i would think it will carry over to safety too

10. MiamiDolphin618

At S Id probably try to resign Clemmons on another 1 year cheap deal like we did for this year...then draft a guy in the middle rounds. I still like Whitley and a few others who have some value in that 2-4 range.

At this point its gotta be O-line. Gotta keep Tannehill alive or nothing else matters.

I havent seen too many linebackers that stick out as far as a prototype instinctual guy. No Kuechly in this draft IMO

11. hoops

hoops exited stage left

whitley drops his head and strikes air a lot...physical but not a consistent enough tackler for me...head hunter will strike you but not what i'm looking for

12. TedSlimmJr

TedSlimmJr Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

Chris Borland and C.J. Mosley both have elite instincts.

13. Namor

Namor Pro Bowler Finheaven VIP

C.J. to me is tailored made for the pro-game.

14. MiamiDolphin618

Havent seen much of Boreland. CJ though is a very good player....but hes not in the class of Kuechly coming out IMO. That said...thats kind of an unfair comparison because Kuechly might be the best in the business already.

Hoops I agree that Whitley has some inconsistency to him...but the physicality and the physical talent in general are there. The only thing that scares me about him is with the way the league is trending that guys who play the game like him might have diminished value. Id like an Earl Thomas or an Eric Berry but I havent seen one yet

15. TedSlimmJr

I never said they were in Kuechly's class.... I said they have elite instincts. The only think keeping Borland out of Kuechly's class as a prospect is the prototypical 6'3", 250 pound size. Furthermore, I don't have to be educated on what type of player Kuechly was or is. He's the guy I repeatedly stated that I would've drafted at #8 instead of Tannehill. I said it for months....

Borland is as close to a Zach Thomas/London Fletcher type inside linebacker as you'll find. He's a carbon copy of Zach Thomas coming out of Texas Tech, except he's faster and a better blitzer than Zach Thomas was. Borland is flat out incredible for an inside linebacker... game in and game out. Has been for years.

16. MiamiDolphin618

Easyyyy. I never questioned what you did or didn't know...just stating a fact. I'll have to check out Boreland when I get a chance. Unfortunately beginning med school has all but ended the majority of my college football watching so far.

17. TedSlimmJr

Deone Bucannon is the best safety out there. If he runs well, he'll go in the 1st round.

Borland, Mosley, Max Bullough, and Jack Tyler are the best looking ILB's I've seen on film this season. There's a handful of underrated ILB's like Keith Smith, Andrew Jackson, and Avery Williamson.

Telvin Smith and Christian Jones for Florida St. are both excellent. Smith excels in coverage a lot like C.J. Mosley.

18. SMadison29

SMadison29 What Sherman aspires to be

He's only a junior & as a mid-round prospect he shouldn't think about leaving early.

19. hoops

hoops exited stage left

would you want to play with that qb???

20. SMadison29

That's not a good reason to leave early. If he was a day 1 or 2 prospect sure I'd leave early but not as a day 3 pick.

21. SMadison29

Pretty sure he's not going to check out well in those interviews after being arrested for cocaine possession & caught actually doing it. The truth comes to light as to why he was suspended by Oregon.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...tight-end-charged-unlawful-possession-cocaine

22. Birdmond

Birdmond FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Love Ebron. But barring a free agency miracle, next years draft is all about corn fed.

23. hoops

hoops exited stage left

i said mid round...he may go in the 3rd...hell maybe he could do better...i'm just sayng that if he was there for us in the 4th round i'd think that was a hell of a value...that said you are right he may stay in school...i'd just like to have him

24. MiamiDolphin618

25. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan Perennial All-Pro

Good player but im thinking at this point our OL is by far the biggest need a better OL and our whole offense becomes a lot better

26. Mudder1310

Mudder1310 A True Fan

Enron is just a soph, so if he even comes out is in question.

27. finsfanjay13

finsfanjay13 Rookie Donator

He's a Junior.

28. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

Hey Slimm. Pretty hard to imagine the team not taking an offensive lineman in the first round with the need so obvious there and the talent that should be there in the draft. However, I absolutely love Mosley and see him projected in the 20's in most early mock drafts. What's your take on how he would fit in Miami? I don't think the odds are high that the Dolphins would take him, but I'm not thrilled with all the missed tackles we've seen from Miam's linebackers this season.

Obviously, there's a lot that can still happen. If Starks or Solai (or both) are not signed than DT becomes a huge mess as well. I like quite a few of the DT's in this draft.