Eric Winston signs with the Chiefs | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eric Winston signs with the Chiefs

ROFLMAO we free up money from MArshall and we blow it on 2 scrub linemen and a guy we will position change from cb to fs!

This Winston situation reminds me of why to be good in the NFL you have to be able to draft. There are average players on the FA market asking for substantial money, and chances are there is a team out there that needs it bad enough that they will pay it (look at us and Marshall the DB). But you can't fill a team doing that because there is just not enough cap space.

We need to find an answer at RT, but crippling ourselves in other areas because we have to drastically overpay there isn't improving the team.

ROFLMAO we free up money from MArshall and we blow it on 2 scrub linemen and a guy we will position change from cb to fs!

Marshall played FS for the better part of the Cardinals run when Kerry Rhodes went down.

He has starter experience at the position. He played FS better than he played CB last season.

Would have been nice to sign him. Oh well. DO NOT BRING BACK VERNON CAREY. He's way too fat for a zone blocking scheme.

Marshall played FS for the better part of the Cardinals run when Kerry Rhodes went down.

He has starter experience at the position. He played FS better than he played CB last season.

I smell another Gerbil!

I hope not. He can't be THAT bad. I mean, you really have to suck if you're comparing him to Gerbil.

As long as you keep him away from corner you are ok. he is a horrible corner. I hate when people use the word versatile to describe a player that is terrible at the other position lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't fault the FO on this one, there was no way we were going to be able to afford Winston. He wanted 10mil per season. Chiefs are sitting on a ton of cap and their RT situation was almost as bad as ours. I'll wait and see on the contract, I guess, but I thought it was a real longshot that we could offer him market.
They signed him for 4 years at $22 million. I think that is reasonable for him. We should have signed him. He has connections here, he wanted to come to Miami. His brother works for the Dolphins. The FO blew this one!

4 years, $22 million is a pretty good deal. Don't know why Miami couldn't have done that deal. Makes me wonder if the proposed Flynn contract is more than expected and they couldn't get both...

Resign Carey on the cheap. It's not that big of a deal. Or get a RT in the draft in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I CANT count how much is wrong with this statement.

carey should have retired 3 years ago. he has no indurance, is old and slow. thats why he got moved to guard.

really? just draft one in the 3rd or 4th round and we will be fine? what do you think murtha is? we have a zillion guys who that are 3rd through 7 picks and they are not squat!!!

were not fine by any means on the o-line. and if long continues this injury bug, were in REAL trouble.

we need a guard or two and a rt tackle and our backups suck. i cant believe we didnt go for at least ONE of the good o-linemen in f/a like carl nicks or ben grubbs. we couldnt seal the deal on winston and we need a rt in the worst way!!

flynn is going to love it here!!!!

its lookin' like all these draft sites having us taking REILLY REIF are spot on. and knowing how ireland likes to draft, the leauge just might as well accept the card now its such a gimme.

Everyone keeps saying how we can save our money and get someone of high quality in the draft. Other than what we've used in the first round, when have we gotten good OL in the draft that have been good? If we drafted well like GB or NE, then I'd have all the faith in the world for that philosophy, but we haven't, so I don't see us improving much from last year.

Back
Top Bottom