"Errick Williams", Massage Therapist | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Errick Williams", Massage Therapist

The fake name comment was pretty funny. The comment about judging him on being a massage therapist makes absolutely no sense. He might be a bit different than most NFL players but that is what makes him interesting. I'd much rather read or hear an interview with him than some half literate athlete that will have to cling to the NFL/NBA/MLB/NHL image until they die. Judging him because he is he is into something you think is weird(his religious studies or his diet choices or holistic medicine) makes no sense. He is a man that has a very open mind and loves learning. No reason to judge someone on that. People still judge him on his weed issues but how many people do you know that have drug/alcohol issues? I'm guessing we all have at least 1 family member that has issues with booze or drugs that actually affects our lives and yet we don't judge them as harshly as a professional athlete that only affects our weekends a decent part of the year.

The fake name comment was pretty funny. The comment about judging him on being a massage therapist makes absolutely no sense. He might be a bit different than most NFL players but that is what makes him interesting. I'd much rather read or hear an interview with him than some half literate athlete that will have to cling to the NFL/NBA/MLB/NHL image until they die. Judging him because he is he is into something you think is weird(his religious studies or his diet choices or holistic medicine) makes no sense. He is a man that has a very open mind and loves learning. No reason to judge someone on that. People still judge him on his weed issues but how many people do you know that have drug/alcohol issues? I'm guessing we all have at least 1 family member that has issues with booze or drugs that actually affects our lives and yet we don't judge them as harshly as a professional athlete that only affects our weekends a decent part of the year.

I re read the whole thread and I have yet to see anyone judgeing him on being a massage therapist. Not one person in this thread as said anything bad about that. I said that in my experience, massage therapy is not a good move as a career. If Ricky had made smarter choices in his life (Pot smokeing probably didn't help) he could basicly be on a road to complete and total freedom. The problem is that his bad choices have dictated his future choices. He has more than a couple kids he's supporting and what he wants to do is fine..but he has obligations that have names and heartbeats.

I think you are letting your emotions are making you see things that haven't been posted.

HAHA I didn't realize that was his real name...I am shamed.

However I stand by my original comment that he is a nut job.

More power to him, if it is something that he would love to do after football is over with why not.

I wholeheartedly disagree. I thought this was a very interesting article. To be honest, just because there is so much going on in regards to his personality and way of life it's hard not to get intrigued with any story that involves him. Remember, it wasn't that long ago that Ricky's "master plan" was to wander the world and live in tents. I'm glad to see he has found something outside of football that he enjoys, and will probably enjoy for the rest of his life.
I'm not saying I don't like to read about what some players do away from the game. I don't understand why football info has to be completely separate.

While you got the guys attention why not find out something I don't know about the player, related to football ? To go along with the human interest story or better as part of it.

I re read the whole thread and I have yet to see anyone judgeing him on being a massage therapist. Not one person in this thread as said anything bad about that. I said that in my experience, massage therapy is not a good move as a career. If Ricky had made smarter choices in his life (Pot smokeing probably didn't help) he could basicly be on a road to complete and total freedom. The problem is that his bad choices have dictated his future choices. He has more than a couple kids he's supporting and what he wants to do is fine..but he has obligations that have names and heartbeats.

I think you are letting your emotions are making you see things that haven't been posted.

Massage therapy isn't exactly his new "career." It's a resume-builder for his eventual entry into osteopathic medical school. I don't think he plans on doing it as a career for the long-term, as his explicit stated long term goal is to become a DO (holistic MD equivalent).

Just as you need an undergrad degree, good grades and test scores, relevant extracurriculars and volunteer work to gain entry into allopathic (Western) medical schools, it's the same for osteopathic schools. This is one of his "relevant" experiences, and he needs to amass these (in addition to finishing his undergrad coursework) before he can apply to and enter osteo med school.

I for one am looking forward to his life after football (though it will probably be difficult to follow) - IMHO his wealth of experiences will make him an excellent doc. He's a compassionate soul, and there aren't enough of those guys in medicine. Plus he's got a much better idea of why he wants to do what he wants to do than a large percentage of the kids that go to med school (holistic or otherwise) these days.

Actually there was a comment about not judging him on wanting to be a massage therapist. Doesn't matter if it is a good career move or not. If that is what makes the man happy, good for him. It shouldn't matter if he wants to be a doctor or a fry cook at McDonalds once his football career is over. It is also really funny to think that someone smoking pot is going to be the cause of some bad choices. There are more executives than you'd imagine that smoke daily. The only thing that could be considered a bad choice regarding his smoking was that he was involved in a union that doesn't take too kindly to smoking pot. I'd also think that there are many other athletes(and people we see on a daily basis) that make much worse choices without taking their children's futures into account. If he is man enough to be a good father it doesn't really matter if he has $500,000,000 or $50,000 to his name. The money for support doesn't replace actually raising the kids.

It is nice seeing oasis showing that someone "gets" it. I'm rarely around because I think it is silly how much people on here judge someone they've never met because of past mistakes. Seems like its a board of bitter 13 year olds at times.

Back
Top Bottom