ESPN: 4 things were learned about AFC East, phins a headache to play | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN: 4 things were learned about AFC East, phins a headache to play

What's funny is the insta-backpeddle from all of the commentators.

Look...They commentate. It's what they do. We pay them to do it.
Everyone has realized that the Dolphins are a few bounces/players away from
being important, and that's why the teams under us have been put there.
We're moving in the right direction. The others aren't.

It's getting a lot easier to tell people I'm a Dolphin fan. I love the direction we are heading!! Great win today!
if you are a fan based on wins you can`t be a fan. you should route for the pats they win a lot. being a finfan has more to do with the tradition this team represents and the history it carries.

I will say for the 1000th time how much I HATE Walker. He's a terrible writer, and continues to be underhanded with his compliments.

We are more than a tough out, we're a good football team. Rebuilding teams don't look like this. We're like the Ravens when they got Flacco. Steelers when they got Roethlisburger. Talented team that finally has a QB of adequacy.

**** Walker, I can't wait to see how he continues to downplay our team as his 4-12 prediction looks more retarded by the week.

Call it what it is, do hw and you could see we weren't rebuilding. The jets after this season is what rebuilding looks like. we brought back 16 starters from last year. If were rebuilding then so is the patriots.

ESPN must have had some non-ESPN writer do this article for them. No way they could write something positive about the Fins themselves

Ive given up caring what the media says about this team. I am a believer in Joe Philbin and Ryan Tannehill and Ill let them do the talking. Actions speak louder than words, and I think our play over this season and the next seasons to come will be self evident.

Walker said something about the Phins being 4-12 this year or somewhere close. I'm supposed to respect him for saying they "play hard"? What are they, 12 year olds in pee wee football?

I know we lost to the Jets(Thanks Carpenter) but I still think this team is easily the second best team in the division. The Jets are falling apart and tomorrow night is likely going to be very ugly for them. The Bills might have the worst defense in the NFL, which is surprising after all the hype people gave their defense in the offseason.

IMO WHEN WE PLAY THE JESTS AGAING its going to be a diff team that they will face and we will lay a whopin on them , imo we are the 2nd best team in the division and we will prove it next time we meet the jests.

That is the best compliment ESPN can give us. Till we start wining on a regular basis ESPN will not pay attention to the Dolphins.

I was at a sports bar in Naperville, IL yesterday and by the TV where our game was on, there was one Bengal fan there (I could tell by the jersey). He was friendly until near the end of the game when we said: "C'mon! We can't lose to this garbage team! These guys suck!" That pissed me off because we're NOT garbage. We're two missed FGs (with plenty of distance to cover them) from 4-1. So I know we're on to something because I feel a lot of pride about where we're at right now. No way some stinkin' Bengals fan is gonna be dissin' the 'Phins today!

Coming from ESPN that had to be hard to write.
Surely James Walker was crying while admitting the local team is better of what he would have expected.

He insists Miami is rebuilding and I would say yes, but this team is using a "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" style, where a bunch of workers and quick building techniques create a new home in a week.
I mean if things keep moving like they do today we could expect to see a contender team in the next months.
Of course the biggest task will be to concrete some key contract extensions, including: Jake Long, Brian Hartline, Cam Wake and Randy Starks.

I was at a sports bar in Naperville, IL yesterday and by the TV where our game was on, there was one Bengal fan there (I could tell by the jersey). He was friendly until near the end of the game when we said: "C'mon! We can't lose to this garbage team! These guys suck!" That pissed me off because we're NOT garbage. We're two missed FGs (with plenty of distance to cover them) from 4-1. So I know we're on to something because I feel a lot of pride about where we're at right now. No way some stinkin' Bengals fan is gonna be dissin' the 'Phins today!
One of my best friends, is a die hard Bengals' fan since late 80's. He and his son were at home for the game and both of them got similar thoughts, and a friendly bet (a dinner at a sport bar) was enough to allow them to express Andy Dalton was going to kill our hopes in the last minute.
Well, I can't remember the last time I feel so well with our beloved Dolphins. :chuckle:

Back
Top Bottom