ESPN Report: Wade to sign 3 year contract like Lebron | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Report: Wade to sign 3 year contract like Lebron

Now I have a question... can any team give Wade that 6-year 150million dollar max contract? or just the Heat?

FinNasty said:
Now I have a question... can any team give Wade that 6-year 150million dollar max contract? or just the Heat?

Who knows.....they did this so they an re-sign after the new collective bargaining agreement in which any of these rules may be rewritten. The current rule is that the team which the player is part of can re-sign the player to a max deal starting at a certain percentage of total revenues with anual increases of 11% for a total of 6 years. Any other team can offer the same starting salary but with a max of 8% yearly increases for 5 years. Hence the reason most every max contract player stays with his original team. But in Lebron's case with the reported Nike contract....who knows.

so you all lost respect for wade now huh? LOL

Stacks said:
Yep sounds good, let's bring Wade and Bron out to LA in three years!! They will be in their prime and ready to go!!

I think you need to get used to the fact that nobody wants to play out there anymore.

Wade is a Heat lifer.

Nobody leaves Miami.

Section126 said:
I think you need to get used to the fact that nobody wants to play out there anymore.

Wade is a Heat lifer.

Nobody leaves Miami.

We will see. Nobody wants to play out here because we dont have the cap to pay. 1 more year till we have cap room. The problem is there nobody really available to offer big $$$.

Stacks said:
Yep sounds good, let's bring Wade and Bron out to LA in three years!! They will be in their prime and ready to go!!
Dwyane Wade isn't going anywhere.

The only chance those two have to play together is here in Miami, and I highly, highly doubt that. They're best friends though, and two very unselfish players, so who knows? Dwyane Wade has already won a Championship, and he's got a pretty solid chance to win another within the next four years. We have given him every reason to stay in Miami, and Shaq will hop off the books that same year so we can bring in another All-Star caliber sidekick. LeBron James, on the other hand, if Cleveland doesn't at least REACH the NBA Finals in the next four years, I'd completely understand him going elsewhere. Hell, as a LeBron James fan, I want to see him play elsewhere.

I agree with whoever said Carmelo Anthony will go to whoever bids the highest; it fits his script.

tucker said:
so you all lost respect for wade now huh? LOL
When I made the original thread, I was unaware of all the facts of the potential future cap. And, I restated the "respect" part on page 1 of that thread, so I don't know why it's still being talked about..

FinNasty said:
It can change, and probably will, but we should have the time between the end of the season and July 1st, unless there is a new date.....to come to terms with Wade on an extension before another team can talk with him.

Amars said:
We will see. Nobody wants to play out here because we dont have the cap to pay. 1 more year till we have cap room. The problem is there nobody really available to offer big $$$.

Nobody wants to play out there because there is no stability.

But forget about Wade....he is a Heater for Life.

guys this is a three year extension on top of 1 more year in the rookie contract. he'll be here through the 2009-2010 season and he has the option for the 2010-2011 season (so the next 4-5 years.)

the other deal was a straight 5 year contract that would pay through the 2010-2011 season. we're talking about the difference of one year (and that's if he chooses to opt out)

i don't see the big deal. he's not going anywhere, and if he does it's in 2010 . . .

Amars said:
then dont spend it and wait

For the people who believe the players are greedy, would they prefer the owners pocket more money rather than the players get paid? It's a great business move and I think fans sometimes forget that the NBA is a business. Comparing professional atheletes to other jobs isn't really fair. What is wrong with guys maximizing their earning power?

like dwade will ever leave the heat. hahaha.

by the time shaq's contract is up we can use that space to resign wade.

see how easy that is!

FinNasty said:
ya... I was just thinking about that. That church he donates 10% to must be loving life right now! :lol:
260G alot of $$$ for a church. he gave it to Blood, Water and Spirit Ministry in Chicago.

article i read is he will give the 10% to a south florida church when he and his wife decide one. whatever church is that is going to be really lucky.

Alex44 said:
Its called titheing, and I got it from wikipedia, just search Dwyane Wade, it tells you EVERYTHING you would ever need to know about him

Titheing is giving 10% of your yearly income btw in case you dont know that

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwyane_Wade
I've been to wikpedia before, after I discovered 3-4 of their "facts" were false on different players pages I stopped visiting. And yes, I go to church, no need for YOURself to tell me what titheing is. My argument was based on you saying all of this "before" stuff, when in reality it sounds like another fabricated media comment. Wade played bball and went to school while he was in college, he had his women to take care of and their child -- while pregnant, and born. Unless he's being heavily supported from the school, or is getting increments of cash on the side. And increment is a fixed amount if you didn't know. I don't see him having cash to spare, especially when you see more and more scholarship college athletes complaining about not having enough money to live on. Wade had his girl and future/after born son to take care of. Point blank.

death7star said:
like dwade will ever leave the heat. hahaha.

by the time shaq's contract is up we can use that space to resign wade.

see how easy that is!
It doesn't matter how much cap space we'd have - he's our player, so we can sign him to whatever when he's up. We'll be able to sign Wade & another top player because Shaq will be up.

O-Connection said:
I've been to wikpedia before, after I discovered 3-4 of their "facts" were false on different players pages I stopped visiting. And yes, I go to church, no need for YOURself to tell me what titheing is. My argument was based on you saying all of this "before" stuff, when in reality it sounds like another fabricated media comment. Wade played bball and went to school while he was in college, he had his women to take care of and their child -- while pregnant, and born. Unless he's being heavily supported from the school, or is getting increments of cash on the side. And increment is a fixed amount if you didn't know. I don't see him having cash to spare, especially when you see more and more scholarship college athletes complaining about not having enough money to live on. Wade had his girl and future/after born son to take care of. Point blank.
Nah, check the source on wikipedia - it's from the Sun-Sentinel. That's Miami's main media outlet (much more than the Herlad to me). I honestly didn't hear about him giving the 10% away before the NBA though. I mean, where'd that money come from? I know he gives it away on a yearly basis now though.

Amazing to think that, as far as max contracts are concerned, we've gone from Eddie Jones & Brian Grant to Dwayne Wade & Shaquille O'Neal. That's a mighty big jump in skill and ability.

Granted, neither Wade nor Shaq are taking the absolute max. But it's max-type money. But you get the point.

Back
Top Bottom