ESPN Report: Wade to sign 3 year contract like Lebron | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Report: Wade to sign 3 year contract like Lebron

Blueprint said:
It doesn't matter how much cap space we'd have - he's our player, so we can sign him to whatever when he's up. We'll be able to sign Wade & another top player because Shaq will be up.

Nah, check the source on wikipedia - it's from the Sun-Sentinel. That's Miami's main media outlet (much more than the Herlad to me). I honestly didn't hear about him giving the 10% away before the NBA though. I mean, where'd that money come from? I know he gives it away on a yearly basis now though.
Actually, no. Two of the four false statements I've seen on player's pages were fake newspaper quotes. Fans write these things, not professionals, then they get edited, and so on. Also, that's what I was talking about the entire time -- when you have a family to take care of, are in college, and have a huge commitment with the bball team, cash out the window.

melo signed his 5 year deal. smart move. he knows he aint getting lebron money.

LightsOut said:
melo signed his 5 year deal. smart move. he knows he aint getting lebron money.

I think he'll get a max contract. The biggest thing he has working against him is that he's in the Western Conference. He's a star but it's tougher to come out of the West IMO and like 'Bron he's got really no other scorer. The next shot I see K-Mart make that isn't a dunk is the first and what happened to Andre Miller? Guy was the most underrated player in the league with the Cavs if i'm not mistaken and now he's just another guy. 'Melo is still young I think we all forget that as good as Wade/Bosh/LeBron/'Melo are right now they're only going to get better. I think the team with the brightest future in the East if not the league is still the Orlando Magic. I think Darko is going to be a good player and Dwight Howard is going to be a dominant big man.

Dwight Howard will be a top 5 player in the 2007-2008 season...

He is the REAL deal!

Does he become a FA the year Shaq comes off the books? :evil:

Wade and Lebron in the purple and gold!! It's gonna be a beautiful thing!!!

Stacks said:
Wade and Lebron in the purple and gold!! It's gonna be a beautiful thing!!!
Um, no. Lakers have seen many different "primes" of their franchise, and at this rate, don't expect to see another run any time soon - I'd say, as long as Kobe's still in the league. Dwyane Wade would never in a million years sign with the Lakers. Even if he left the Heat, he would not sign with the Lakers due to his relationship with Shaq, especially if Kobe is still there. What happens to 31, 32-year old Kobe Bryant? Is he expected to be done by then? No, I don't think so. He just had his best season, statistically.

As I said earlier, dream situation for Miami that has a 2% chance of happening - better chance in NBA Live 2012 than real life. People need to get a clue and realize that there is about a 5% chance that Wade doesn't retire a Heat, and that chance is only if he's still playing at 33-35+ years of age, and we're geared into the future. Wade is as loyal as they come, and he's already got a ring in Miami, all the more reason to want to end his career here, regardless.

Heat fans, a realistic option for us is D-Wade & Bosh in four years. They're good friends too, and extremely unselfish. Bosh just signed the 3-year extension. He'd be the perfect replacement for Shaq. Oh, & fun fact: if Riley is still here...his #1 option in '03 was Chris Bosh, not Dwyane Wade!

OT: I get my Sidekick 3 tomorrow, so it's good spirits. :cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom