Every Pass Thrown At B. Gibson 2012. Looks Good! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Every Pass Thrown At B. Gibson 2012. Looks Good!

I see a little bit of Brandon Marshall in Gibson... if he could up his game i could see him being a Marshall kinda guy

7 receptions and 91 yrds. Ok, so not stellar (torching) but he was overthrown on a open TD pass that Sam sailed too high. I remember we could not cover him, I kept thinking "who the hell is this Gibson dude?".

Sherman gave him the space he had commanded but later had no choice but to play him close. Sherman just happened to get the better end of that play. Again, I'm not a RAMS fan or have access to the coach film but the one knock I can see is the fact that, like Hartline, he goes down right after the catch. that drives me insane!

I thought the best work Brandon Gibson did during that game against the Dolphins was obviously that one-hander on the back shoulder fade, and also a strop route he ran against Sean Smith where he actually helped create the separation (more so than Smith's highly inconsistent technique) by using his hands subtly during the break.

But the other production was a combination of poor technique, defensive miscues, etc.

And even that back shoulder one handed catch of his I question why he even needed to turn that play into such an incredible looking catch. He either didn't know the play would be coming to him (and I've seen several other plays in his film that suggest lack of awareness or lack of intelligence) or he was just really late setting up the back shoulder and tracking the ball in the air. You don't throw back shoulder catches thinking your wide receiver has to make acrobatic one-handers like that just to come up with the football, else the play wouldn't be in the playbook.

Everyone is going to see what they will see when they watch the tape. I'm not going to force my opinion on anyone. I see a guy on coaches tape who 7 times out of 10 isn't really earning his way open. I see a guy who has trouble finishing catches and working the sidelines to get his feet in bounds. I see a guy who is borderline terrible running after the catch. I see a guy with poor athletic ability for the position. I see a guy who doesn't make up for that with unusual size or strength. I see a guy who runs the comeback and stop routes best of all his repertoire, but not necessarily good on an absolute basis because he can be erased with physical coverage off the line. I see a guy with signs of poor awareness or intelligence who might even need to be limited in what he runs due to it.

I see a guy who is being let go by a team that is starved for quality wide receivers.

I disagree with that.

Hartline has his problems and I didn't like the idea of paying him over $6 million a year on a long term deal. But he runs nice routes and creates separation.

He mostly creates separation on comeback routes much like Gibson. Both players struggle to create separation when pressed at the line. Not much difference between the two players, if any.

Back
Top Bottom