Everyone hating on Gase | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Everyone hating on Gase

Belichick was a minor legend as Parcells' defensive coordinator. He had enormous respect and benefit of a doubt throughout the league. It wouldn't be a stretch to say there already was awe attached to him.

Younger fans can't be expected to understand that. The situation does not unfold like that in today's NFL. But these Belichick comparisons to his Cleveland years continue to pop up, and they are not valid.

Art Modell basically apologized for firing Belichick. He knew he was getting rid of a very sharp coach. Keep in mind the Browns were relocating to Baltimore as the Ravens. Cleveland had collapsed in midseason once Modell announced the move and became the most hated man in Cleveland history. After all those losses following the announced move Belichick's reputation was very briefly much worse than any time, before or since. There was never any question he would get another chance, and probably succeed.

This team reminder me of 2008 team that made playoff. Then next 7 yr they didnt

I agree 100% with OP. LMAO at anyone whining about the play calling being our big problem. We had 400 yards of offense last night and would have approached 500 without all the penalties. I'm not sure what some of you expected to happen this year when our starting QB went down. Gase deserves 4 years to make this HIS team unless he pulls a Cam Cameron and it all clearly falls apart. Some of you think this 4-4 record is that kind of falling apart, and it simply isn't. Gase is hardly above some criticism, but if you're really honest, this is far from a trainwreck considering we lost our QB and had to deal with the hurricane and travel BS all at the start of the year along with losing our bye week.

Raiders didn't stop the Dolphins last night...the Dolphins stopped the Dolphins. Every potential scoring drive was stopped by a holding call or fumble. They were moving the ball but the talent level isn't good enough to overcome negative plays. It hasn't been good enough in a while. Can't remember the last time this team converted a 1st and 20 after a holding penalty.

Also, the defense sucked on 3rd down last night. Had the Raiders in 3rd and long plenty and they converted most of them. The few they failed to convert was because their WRs dropped the ball. Raiders were in max protect a lot and the back 7 failed to cover well enough to even be in the vicinity of the TE on just about every throw. It was a pathetic effort defensively and still they only gave up 27 points.

I think Alex is pretty fair in the OP.

Criticism of Gase for the OL is very valid, but the people calling for his head need to cool off. This team has a lot of extenuating circumstances to deal with and I'm not sure that even Shula could have pulled more than 4 wins out of this disaster. And I really mean that, in all honesty.

This season is like a dumpster fire that keeps getting more gasoline poured on it, and the only fire truck in the area can't get here until March, 2018.

Our offense look predictable w them short pass. Gase look like our coach in 2009. If he keep that up. He will be fired by 2019. The roster that he required in 2016 is not bad. He knew we need og. Any fan on this site knew that....Next yr will total be the ex factory...I still feel we need new offense coordinate.. short pass cutler will kill dolphins. The keep to Gase being coach w dolphins. Will be thill17.

I think his play calling is stupid. Good Coach Yes but needs to hire a play caller from the booth. Running on 3rd and 10's are getting old. I rather punt on 3rd down

Some of problem I believe is gase. Big head. He is not getting the job done as well. Terrible play calling. Terrible offense line . What happened to deep ball. I am looking at 6 to 7 win this yr.

Some of problem I believe is gase. Big head. He is not getting the job done as well. Terrible play calling. Terrible offense line . What happened to deep ball. I am looking at 6 to 7 win this yr.

His head seems proportional to his body.

"What happened to the deep ball?"

Your starting quarterback, who is one of the best deep ball throwers in the NFL, is on injured reserve. That's what happened.

Did anyone ever think maybe the execution of these "terrible" play calls suck?!!? Same guy called the plays last year that just so happened to work. I think every fan gets pissed about running on 1st and 20 (a lot of teams take the safe route). It's not just a Gase thing. He doesn't have the same confidence in Cutler that he does in Tannehill. Gase may have a big ego but are there really fans that want a coach otherwise? I know we're all extremely pissed about the season but come on..If we were to get rid of Gase, who is this perfect coach that we bring in. Without execution, of course he looks like he's calling bad plays. Blaming the deep ball on Gase is complete BS. Do people really believe that he doesn't call shots down the field or maybe we just cannot execute them with Cutler like we did with Tannehill last year. I'm still baffled a team with a recent history of running through coaches really want to get rid of our best coach since Saban. I guess since us Fin fans cannot blame Tannehill for everything we have now chosen Gase as the reason for our struggles. The guy is still 4-4 lol

"What happened to the deep ball?"

Your starting quarterback, who is one of the best deep ball throwers in the NFL, is on injured reserve. That's what happened.

Dude are you okay? You're not blaming Gase for everything??? The QB who throws the 4th best deep ball happened to tear his knee up for those who forgot. This is getting old week after week blaming Gase. And the guy is still 4-4 lol Thank god for posters that see the whole picture and not pick and chose. I was wrong about Cutler and willing to admit it. Blind optimism got to me. When RT returns, then we can go back to blaming him for everything but I guess everything is Gase's fault until then. Thanks J. David Wannyheimer for explaining something I figured fans understood.

Back
Top Bottom