Everyones Salary Cap Situation | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Everyones Salary Cap Situation

Philter25 said:
What big contracts? Besides McNabb, they really dont have any large contracts.

Another thing Philly does I believe is they get salary cap "credit" every year. They use up all their salary cap space in the current year with bonuses that are counted against the cap. When players dont reach those bonuses, they receive a cap credit the following year. Therefore every year they have 20+ million in cap space and the ability to sign the highest priced free agents, but they dont.

Philadelphia is one of the best FO's in the NFL. They pride themselves by adding players through the draft and resigning successful draftees. I remember reading that they have one of the highest percentages of resigning draftees. Basically their players rarely ever become UDFAs. Also, they dont overpay for players and Andy Reid puts a price on each position and he never seems to go above it. Its been working for the past 5 years IMO.

As you can tell, I am also an eagles fan.

http://www.geocities.com/eaglescap/

There is their team's cap page. Its updated often and is VERY accurate. Scroll down, notice that almost 7million ADDED to their cap in the form of "LTBE credits"?

Also, when they have cap room, they use it. They dont prorate signing bonuses if they dont have to. Example: This year they just signed Darren Howard, instead of prorating his signing bonus of 6 million, they just gave it to him and took the 6 mil cap hit this year. That saves in the future whatever million each year it would be prorated. Also, they only have 2 million in dead cap. Because they usually resign their rookies and dont give out ridiculous UDFA contracts, they rarely have to take on dead cap. Dead cap IMO is a salary cap killer. We on the other hand are carrying almost 9 million in dead cap alone.

Our dead cap is from a few places:
Reggie howards Signing bonus
Madison's Bonus
Escalators and incentives in the contracts of: Carter, Frerotte...

hdjetta6316 said:
Our dead cap is from a few places:
Reggie howards Signing bonus
Madison's Bonus
Escalators and incentives in the contracts of: Carter, Frerotte...
You are correct on Reggie Howard (3 million) and Sam Madison(almost 4 million), but Carter is still under contract and therefore cant count as dead cap. I think the Frerotte dead cap is minimal. Also, we have another million in dead cap for Timbo IIRC.

Philter25 said:
You are correct on Reggie Howard (3 million) and Sam Madison(almost 4 million), but Carter is still under contract and therefore cant count as dead cap. I think the Frerotte dead cap is minimal. Also, we have another million in dead cap for Timbo IIRC.

Most of ferrotes incentives were Not likely to be earned so we were debited for them this year...

Back
Top Bottom