Everytime mike wallace, brian hartline, brandon gibson targeted in 2012 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Everytime mike wallace, brian hartline, brandon gibson targeted in 2012

Thanks for the links fanfin.

Watching the Wallace targets again, a few things come to mind.

1. He doesn't have good hands. We knew that. We will live with the drops, as he is not a natural hands catcher and doesn't snatch the ball. But, he baskets and cradles the ball well and he does track it over his shoulder well, so he has good eyes and sense of timing.

2. He defends his QB and protects the ball. Targeting Wallace Pittsburgh QB's had 4 INT's and 1 dropped INT. Wallace tackled the DB who intercepted it or ran him out of bounds each time. Wallace was in position to tackle the DB who dropped the interception. Wallace fumbled twice, once being stripped by the now-Dolphin Phillip Wheeler and Wallace managed to beat 4 Raiders to the ball and recover his own fumble. The other time he was piled over and pinned underneath 2 Ravens as Ed Reed scooped it up and ran it back, so Wallace had no chance to pursue. A couple of times his QB's threw bad passes and Wallace did everything he could to break up a potential interception. Clearly, Wallace understands the importance of not making turnovers and stopping the other team if it happens. He's not one of these guys to sulk and let someone else tackle the interceptor, he does everything he can to tackle him. That's a gamer, and I want that attitude on my team.

3. Durability. For a speed receiver he does a good job of minimizing heavy collisions. He angles his body well, he rolls with the ground, etc. For those big hits that he cannot minimize, he takes it and isn't injured. That's good. This is a competitive league, and we want our salary cap on the field, not the training table.

4. When he goes deep, it's generally in the middle of the field. While he's a boundary WR, he has the speed to beat the safety over the top consistently. This gives the QB a wider area into which to throw Wallace open and more room for error for bad throws.

Our offensive line is going to love him. He will open up a lot of running lanes and guys like Pouncey and Incognito will get to the 2nd level and pulverize some LB's.

Gibson definitely shows flashes of good stuff, but I dunno what separates him from Brian Hartline, and why we ended up signing both. I think he may have better hands than Hartline, possibly more reach.

The funny thing is if Rishard Matthews had the same season for Miami, that Gibson had with the Rams, some people here would would be touting him as the next big thing.

Gibson reminds me of OJ McDuffie with his ability to catch with contact. What seperates him from Hartline or Bess for that matter is his physicality over the middle.

Gibson definitely shows flashes of good stuff, but I dunno what separates him from Brian Hartline, and why we ended up signing both. I think he may have better hands than Hartline, possibly more reach.

Gibson is a much better red zone WR, I think its the vertical and maybe better hands yes

IMO Brandon Gibson VERY UNDERATED........ Walllace Hartline Bess Gibson Keller is going to be a great passing game!!!

I must admit that Gibson is ALOT better than I thought he was............looks like da Phinz got a good WR, T-Hill should be happy :-)

Back
Top Bottom