Ex-Dolphin kicker Carpenter battles Ex-Dolphin kicker Feeley | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ex-Dolphin kicker Carpenter battles Ex-Dolphin kicker Feeley

Meh, that's the business of the NFL....especially for kickers. It's almost always never a stable job unless you're someone like Janikowski. Hell even Vinatieri couldn't keep a job in New England even after winning the Pats three Super Bowls. Feely will find a job with someone else.

When u kick 25 out of 28 and u can hit them from distance too your job should not even be up for competition. Im not sure Feeley loses his job. The year we cut him he was 21 of 23.
I think its stupid to cut an accurate kicker. The real decision will be do u pay feeley 1.5 million or go low budget with carpenter.
Feeley has hit 86 percent of his field goals the past 3 years and was 5 of 7 from beyond 50 yards. Carpenter has only one season of that good of percentage and is not as good from long range.
The past three years Feeley has been a much better kicker and its not close so if they change kickers its just going low budget.

When u kick 25 out of 28 and u can hit them from distance too your job should not even be up for competition. Im not sure Feeley loses his job. The year we cut him he was 21 of 23.
I think its stupid to cut an accurate kicker. The real decision will be do u pay feeley 1.5 million or go low budget with carpenter.
Feeley has hit 86 percent of his field goals the past 3 years and was 5 of 7 from beyond 50 yards. Carpenter has only one season of that good of percentage and is not as good from long range.
The past three years Feeley has been a much better kicker and its not close so if they change kickers its just going low budget.

So what happened to stats don't matter? :lol:

Seriously, though, I couldn't really care less what Arizona does with their kicker. I just think it's hilarious that those two are battling it out for a job again. We've got our kicker and while he's not proven yet, he does come with a good history.

I remember the outspoken Feeley kicking off to Ginn and giving up two TD's in a row. Mike Westoff was dumbfounded. I loved it.

So what happened to stats don't matter? :lol:

Seriously, though, I couldn't really care less what Arizona does with their kicker. I just think it's hilarious that those two are battling it out for a job again. We've got our kicker and while he's not proven yet, he does come with a good history.

I never said stats don't matter. Some positions are harder to tell by stats but kicker is a position for the most part where stats tell most of the story.
Feeley is more accurate and better from long range. Stats don't lie on that one. Now where stats can get tricky is on kickoffs.

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

Good times indeed! And the fact that it was against the Jets is even better. :up:

Im pretty sure it was the jets special teams that gave up the tds lol

I never said stats don't matter. Some positions are harder to tell by stats but kicker is a position for the most part where stats tell most of the story.
Feeley is more accurate and better from long range. Stats don't lie on that one. Now where stats can get tricky is on kickoffs.

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

Im pretty sure it was the jets special teams that gave up the tds lol

You don't say??? :rolleyes2:

ch Cimini ‏@RichCimini 35s
#Jets announce signing of PK Dan Carpenter.

hes a jet now, thought he might have ended up there in the first place

ch Cimini ‏@RichCimini 35s
#Jets announce signing of PK Dan Carpenter.

hes a jet now, thought he might have ended up there in the first place

Would have been a better idea based on who he has to beat out. I think AZ might have been concerned that Feeley was banged up because he was pro bowl like last year and as a pure kicker he is among the better kickers in league. Carpenter is a good kicker but Feeley at his best is one of the best in league

Back
Top Bottom