Excellent Adjustment by Philbin | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Excellent Adjustment by Philbin

And they'll play on a Monday which is a day off...what's your point. One Monday Night game, one Thursday Night game...either way there are no 3 day weekends. Saturday is a travel day, Sunday they play the game and Monday they'll get off. Seems more like a 6 day work week.

The whole original post of "3 day weekends" was a joke.. Just a bit of humor. Im pretty sure we all know they play on sundays :up:

Philbin mentioned last season that in year prior they had Thursday off based on how the schedule fell a couple of times(he gave them Thanksgiving off) and they thought the players were fresher. Therefore, they made it a regular thing last year. It was not a team vote.

He consulted the players and they told him that they are fresher for game day when they have Thursdays off. If the players didnt want it, I doubt it would have happened.

Joe listening and communicating with the players? That has been one of his weakest attributes since being named HC.

I just hope that whatever days our guys have off it keeps them fresh. It seems to me our guys run out of gas as the season wears on.

Joe listening and communicating with the players? That has been one of his weakest attributes since being named HC.

Well a quick google search and you can pull up a dozen articles referencing him making this change based on players' feedback. But keep on denying it.

Maybe in year 1 and 2. This year the players seem to really like him. Ellerby was saying that he likes how Philbin is really concerned about their well being, and Delmas said he really likes Philbin. There must be some kind of positive communication going on if players are praising Philbin in public.

Back
Top Bottom