expect a trade of O-Gun now | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

expect a trade of O-Gun now

Fin_tastic said:
Ya know all this next year, next year **** with the offense is gonna run out. In the mean time our D is aging. By the time the Offense is finally subtle enough our major D props are going to be relaxing like that Ricky character somewhere in the sun....

We have the depth on Def. for awhile with the exception of DT to replace Tim Bo!

steveincolorado said:
I also need to add that I'am looking for some Dolphins logos to download. I'am looking for the logo from 1966-71, the logo from 72-96, and the present logo as well. Can anyone help me on this issue? I'am relabeling my vhs collection and will be putting everything on dvd (-R). Thanks for any help!!

hey steve i'm still waiting to buy a copy of the last couple of seasons from you on DVD!!!

i'm of the thought that we should keep o-gun.... loosing his talent and youth right now to fix this year's problem isn't worth it in my opinion... he can give us 5+ years of great pro-bowling play, and you want to trade that for a one-year fix? lets face it, any receiver we get now won't be a top fantasy production receiver - it would be some team's second or third receiver - not worth it for o-gun in my opinion.

i say give the man what he deserves - resign him already and get tim brown, keenen mccardell, or just rely on what we have.

-tex

texasPHINSfan said:
i'm of the thought that we should keep o-gun.... loosing his talent and youth right now to fix this year's problem isn't worth it in my opinion... he can give us 5+ years of great pro-bowling play, and you want to trade that for a one-year fix? lets face it, any receiver we get now won't be a top fantasy production receiver - it would be some team's second or third receiver - not worth it for o-gun in my opinion.

i say give the man what he deserves - resign him already and get tim brown, keenen mccardell, or just rely on what we have.

-tex

Yep. The Dolphins will not trade Ogunleye now. Now, they will intensify negotiations with him to get him signed to a long term deal. More than ever, this team needs this defense at its best, and that is with Ogunleye. Reports are that Rick and Drew had a very long meeting yesterday, so maybe something productive will come out of it. Ogunleye will be resigned. I'm very confident in that.

This team was never built on its offense anyway. Injuries happen. You can't go out and sign a player just because you have lost someone to injury. This team has some young receivers on the team, and the only thing that brining in a Tim Brown or a Keenan McCardell does is stunt the growth of those players. This team has to give Derrius Thompson, Kendall Newson, and JR Tolver the chance to step up.

Champ said:
No, life hands you lemons, you make lemonade. This season is not looking good, but there is always next season. You keep O-Gun, you resign him. Boston will be back next year. You don't sign a third premier reciever. You pick up a back next year. This season is salvagable, don't throw away next year for this year (ehhh hemmm Miami Heat).

I agree, ya dont sell the farm in Ogunleye for one season. Sign him long term, sign Tim Brown for a year and hope for the best. Next year Boston will be back, Edge or some other premium running back should be sign as a F/A or drafted and we make another run at it. If Poole continues to excell and Madison continues to falter, cut bait and let Sam go to shed his salary from the cap.

I know the whole Ricky thing, and the Boston injury, has been big blows to how we view this upcoming season. But when I look at this team there is a lot of other players to be excited about. I dont feel like we are that far away from contending. The defense is awesome. Bua, Poole, Howard & Pope, the new blood, have really looked good and seem like they will provide us the depth we have needed to fill in incase of injuries. Carey, Hadnot, James, Morris, & St Clair have looked much improved over last years crop of starters. My only concern so far is the RG & back up FB position seem weak or empty. If Morris is going to split duties with Minor, we need to find a back up for Konrad. With some luck, Feely may turn out to be something special and be able to hit all those big passes that Jay kept fustrating us with last year. How many times did we see one of our WR wide open only to see the ball sail way over their heads? We have the same set of receivers we had last year now that Boston is out and they provided many chances for us to hit big plays. But over throws or just plain inaccurate throws cost us big time.

So even though there is a cloud brewing over the Fins, I am not giving up hope, there is still enough talent on this team to have success. And I for one will be there to cheer who ever is left standing when the season starts.

Gunner

Dont you think that Rosenhaus knows now more than ever that the Phins need O-gun, therefore he will not back down from wanting a crazy contract?

Does anyone know how much the David Boston injury lingers? Is this an injury that takes more than a year to heal or will he be back 100% next year? Because if hes back 100% next year, we can afford to sign O-gun this year and draft a running back (maybe a top 10 pick considering this year we do horrible)which would be cheaper than what Ricky would of been making and a lot cheaper than bringing on a Free Agent like E-James unless he gives us a home discount. Remember also that we get McIntosh back next year from his injury (next year he should be 100% and with a better grasp of our plays, than half way through this year), then we sign Randy, we should have enough space. Maybe this year they let Feeley start and maybe he proves he was worth the 2nd round pick we gave up for him and we wont need to use our early draft pick next year (again, if we play horrible this year) on a QB. It would also allow us to maybe get rid of Jay or force him to take a pay-cut which would give us more salary cap ( I think his cap hit is 4 million, Ricky would of been 3.75?).Then we draft a WR or O-line with our 3rd rounder, which ever is best available. Maybe having a bad season wont be as bad. I just think its too late to do anything right now. We have been spoiled with winning seasons for as long as I can remember, but every team has to re-build, we're just not use to it. Hey the Marlins rebuild after every World Series, LoL.

Back
Top Bottom