"Experts" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Experts"

RealDriscoll

Still Perfect.. and You're Not.
Reaction score
John Clayton, Peter King, Mike Mayock, Chris Mortenson, and Mel Kiper Jr. are just a few of those so-called football “expertsâ€Â. Those experts that make bold predictions all over television and all over the internet and they never come true. These same experts predicted that the Ravens and Saints would be lower echelon teams before the start of last season. Bottom Line is that the “experts†opinions are no greater than yours or mine. All the “experts†made their annual mock drafts before last year and I found it that mine mocks were more accurate than theirs. Mel Kiper Jr. gets paid big bucks to be ESPN’s draft expert and he missed Tom Brady; sure Brady was a diamond in the rough but he is arguably one of the best players to ever play the game and Kiper missed him. Kiper praised Ryan Leaf as the second coming of Joe Montana and once again was wrong. The purpose of this blog is not to prove Kiper or any of these “experts†wrong but to show their opinions are no greater than ours.
“Expert†Mel Kiper blasted the Miami Dolphins front office when the selected Ted Ginn Jr. over Brady Quinn with the number nine selection in the draft. Quinn was over-rated and over-hyped and is currently threatening to hold out for the entire season. Good thing we picked him, right Mel? Also, Quinn could never win the big game; for example the 2006 Fiesta Bowl, Quinn and the Fighting Irish were destroyed by the Ohio State Buckeyes. Who was the MVP of that game? Ted Ginn Jr. On every internet site which was football related the “experts†were giving the Dolphins failing grades and exclaiming how they dropped the ball. The Miami Dolphins had a stellar draft as they drafted players who will impact the team both now and in the future. Ted Ginn Jr, our 1st Round selection will impact this team immensely on two sides of the ball, both offense and special teams. Ginn gives the Dolphins’ speed, explosiveness, and that homerun hitter that they been lacking for years. Ginn will stretch the field and make surrounding players such as Chris Chambers, Ronnie Brown, Derek Hagan, Marty Booker, and Trent Green better. On special teams he gives us an amazing return man who can make something happen every time he touches the ball. Devin Hester doesn’t have poop on Ted Ginn Jr. If you don’t believe me, go to youtube.com and search Ted Ginn than you can talk. Round two saw us grab our Quarterback of the future. Beck has all the physical tools to be successful and on top of that he is smart, a student of the game, motivated, and leaves it on the field. This guy is as accurate as they come and he will be the best Quarterback in this draft when all is said and done. We also selected Samson Satele in Round 2 who will be the anchor of our line for years to come. Other draft picks such as Lorenzo Booker who is the perfect complement to Ronnie Brown, Paul Solia, Drew Mormino, Brandon Fields, Abraham Wright, and Kelvin Smith will all make the roster and have potential to contribute.
Those “experts†are one again bashing the Miami Dolphins for their free agent additions of Joey Porter and Trent Green. Porter will excel in Dom Capers’ defense and also by playing with Channing Crowder and Zach Thomas. A defense that features Joey Porter coming off one end and Jason Taylor coming off the other is just plain scary. Porter brings attitude and intensity to a star studded defense which is exactly what we needed. Sure, Trent Green is no spring chicken at 37 years of age but he is smart, efficient, and he knows Cams’ system. Green is efficient and will not the turn the ball over; he is the best QB we have had on the roster since Danny Marino. I expect Trent Green to have the same impact that Steve McNair had for the Ravens. Green and Porter are both leaders who know how to win. Ca Cameron knows how to win. I do not care what those “experts†say about the Dolphins, I like our chances.

Great post. Couldn't have said it better myself!
Exciting things are going to happen in Dolphinland this year!!!

The only experts that get respect on this board are the ones that say favorable things about us. Coaches, executives, scouts and players are wrong quite frequently also.

John Clayton, Peter King, Mike Mayock, Chris Mortenson, and Mel Kiper Jr. are just a few of those so-called football “expertsâ€Â. Those experts that make bold predictions all over television and all over the internet and they never come true. These same experts predicted that the Ravens and Saints would be lower echelon teams before the start of last season. Bottom Line is that the “experts†opinions are no greater than yours or mine. All the “experts†made their annual mock drafts before last year and I found it that mine mocks were more accurate than theirs. Mel Kiper Jr. gets paid big bucks to be ESPN’s draft expert and he missed Tom Brady; sure Brady was a diamond in the rough but he is arguably one of the best players to ever play the game and Kiper missed him. Kiper praised Ryan Leaf as the second coming of Joe Montana and once again was wrong. The purpose of this blog is not to prove Kiper or any of these “experts†wrong but to show their opinions are no greater than ours.
“Expert†Mel Kiper blasted the Miami Dolphins front office when the selected Ted Ginn Jr. over Brady Quinn with the number nine selection in the draft. Quinn was over-rated and over-hyped and is currently threatening to hold out for the entire season. Good thing we picked him, right Mel? Also, Quinn could never win the big game; for example the 2006 Fiesta Bowl, Quinn and the Fighting Irish were destroyed by the Ohio State Buckeyes. Who was the MVP of that game? Ted Ginn Jr. On every internet site which was football related the “experts†were giving the Dolphins failing grades and exclaiming how they dropped the ball. The Miami Dolphins had a stellar draft as they drafted players who will impact the team both now and in the future. Ted Ginn Jr, our 1st Round selection will impact this team immensely on two sides of the ball, both offense and special teams. Ginn gives the Dolphins’ speed, explosiveness, and that homerun hitter that they been lacking for years. Ginn will stretch the field and make surrounding players such as Chris Chambers, Ronnie Brown, Derek Hagan, Marty Booker, and Trent Green better. On special teams he gives us an amazing return man who can make something happen every time he touches the ball. Devin Hester doesn’t have poop on Ted Ginn Jr. If you don’t believe me, go to youtube.com and search Ted Ginn than you can talk. Round two saw us grab our Quarterback of the future. Beck has all the physical tools to be successful and on top of that he is smart, a student of the game, motivated, and leaves it on the field. This guy is as accurate as they come and he will be the best Quarterback in this draft when all is said and done. We also selected Samson Satele in Round 2 who will be the anchor of our line for years to come. Other draft picks such as Lorenzo Booker who is the perfect complement to Ronnie Brown, Paul Solia, Drew Mormino, Brandon Fields, Abraham Wright, and Kelvin Smith will all make the roster and have potential to contribute.
Those “experts†are one again bashing the Miami Dolphins for their free agent additions of Joey Porter and Trent Green. Porter will excel in Dom Capers’ defense and also by playing with Channing Crowder and Zach Thomas. A defense that features Joey Porter coming off one end and Jason Taylor coming off the other is just plain scary. Porter brings attitude and intensity to a star studded defense which is exactly what we needed. Sure, Trent Green is no spring chicken at 37 years of age but he is smart, efficient, and he knows Cams’ system. Green is efficient and will not the turn the ball over; he is the best QB we have had on the roster since Danny Marino. I expect Trent Green to have the same impact that Steve McNair had for the Ravens. Green and Porter are both leaders who know how to win. Cam Cameron knows how to win. I do not care what those “experts†say about the Dolphins, I like our chances.

you could say the same thing about any coach or GM in the NFL and still be right.

If the experts predicted great things for us you say how insightful and knowledgable they are. The truth is we have MANY question marks. As for the saints and the ravens there are always surprises. That's why they are called surprises no body saw it coming. Could we surprise yes, but we could be as bad as advertized. Time will tell. I hoping for the best but this team has underachieved consistantly. Does new regimen = better results. I hope so.

Kiper praised Ryan Leaf as the second coming of Joe Montana and once again was wrong.
At the same time Ryan Leaf is considered to be one of the biggest busts of all time, if not the biggest. He had all the talent in the world. No one could've predicted his shoulder injury. Granted his attitude wasn't a plus. Still can't deny the talent he had. The reason though that they are considered "experts" on the matter is because they know they watch countless hours of game film to see who is legit and who is not.
Others (fans) are usually homers or uninformed on the matter and tend to go by what the media says, and not actually take the time to watch the game film or read the scouting reports. Thus the "experts" are considered "experts."

I still prefer the experts opinion over yours. We haven't been to the playoffs in five years. Under Wayne the fins have been a laughing stock off the field. Every move the Dolphins do these boards gush with praise yet nothing has been done to improve the team on or off the field.

And don't give me anything about Cam improving things because reality is we are two days away from training camp and cam has done nothing other the shake some hands and hold some meetings at this point and has turned nothing around.

Yeah but Victor Shapiro thinks pretty highly of our prospects this year, and you know what that means...

Until Green, Porter, Ginn, the rest of the draft class etc. prove anything on the field, whose to say the "experts" are wrong? I've never found John Clayton to be that wrong about anything - didn't he just write that Miami was one of the 5 teams he had marked to make a run this year, what's the complaint there? As for Kiper, obviously he's going to bash the Ginn pick based on what the Dolphins needs were at the time and the grade that he'd given to Brady Quinn. I don't see what the beef with them is until they're proven wrong. I'd rather the Fins stay under the radar and surprise people than falter with hyped expecations like last year.

The point of that post wasn't to burn any "expert". It's to tell there is no such thing as an expert because the NFL is unpredictable. It is true that Ryan Leaf was a bust but isn't that Kiper's job? I know if I missed at work something that big there would be consequences. It's not true that I would say that anything good about the Dolphins I would accept because two years ago Dr. Z was crazy to think we would be playing the Panthers in the Super Bowl. But I think it is safe to say that Tedd Ginn pick is looking a lot better than prettyboy Quinn? I don't care if they say the Dolphins will lose every game or win every game, I am just saying they don't know anymore than a knowledgable football fan

By the way Joey Porter and Trent Green have proven themselves on the field. If your saying not on the Dolphins than the same can go for Randy Moss and Ad. Thomas for the Patriots. They are all over the Patriots but Randy Moss hasn't "proved" anything has he?

Cam Cameron was the best coach on the market. To say all he has done is shake hands is an idiotic statement. He wanted Joey Porter so he went and got him. He wanted Trent Green so he went and got him. Instead of doing the norm and selecting Brady Quinn he took a risk and drafted Ted Ginn Jr. The Beck, Ginn combo is so much better than Quinn. Cameron also has given our offense an identity which you will see on the field. The guy has a great offensive mind. He made Gates , Brees, and Rivers stars

The fins wasn't bad in the last part of the season, Let's just have a positive outlook for the team, sure things could go bad but being 6-10 last year with a chance to win some of those close games gave me hope without some of the additions. You people are picking the bills to make enormous strides this year and their team was 7-9. go back and look at the score of those games, as bad as you claim they were they played every team hard all year.

Back
Top Bottom