"Experts" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Experts"

There's an awful lot of manlove for Ginn in that opening post and our draft class cannot be called stellar until they actually do something.

I still prefer the experts opinion over yours. We haven't been to the playoffs in five years. Under Wayne the fins have been a laughing stock off the field. Every move the Dolphins do these boards gush with praise yet nothing has been done to improve the team on or off the field.

And don't give me anything about Cam improving things because reality is we are two days away from training camp and cam has done nothing other the shake some hands and hold some meetings at this point and has turned nothing around.

+1, true statement

Cam Cameron was the best coach on the market. To say all he has done is shake hands is an idiotic statement. He wanted Joey Porter so he went and got him. He wanted Trent Green so he went and got him. Instead of doing the norm and selecting Brady Quinn he took a risk and drafted Ted Ginn Jr. The Beck, Ginn combo is so much better than Quinn. Cameron also has given our offense an identity which you will see on the field. The guy has a great offensive mind. He made Gates , Brees, and Rivers stars

I completely agree with the premise of the thread. Funny thing, it seems many fans have better perspective than the coaches and general managers sometimes. I complained bitterly when the let go of Shula, I was ticked when they handed the reigns to Fiedler over Huard, and I was very ticked off when they got rid of Gus Frerotte. I also wanted Bates as our coach and they went and hired that piece of crap from LSU. Well, I'm not always right, and a lot of fans aren't always right, but I would say those were major blunders the Dolphins made that a lot of fans could see were idiotic moves.

Good thread. I like your optimism surrounding our picks. It's only the OL that I still worry about, cause I think they should have left the right side alone and brought in a left tackle.

GO PHINS~!

RealDriscoll is one of the great finheaven members. He's almost always right on the mark.

Were goin to the bowl!!!

Cam Cameron was the best coach on the market. To say all he has done is shake hands is an idiotic statement. He wanted Joey Porter so he went and got him. He wanted Trent Green so he went and got him. Instead of doing the norm and selecting Brady Quinn he took a risk and drafted Ted Ginn Jr. The Beck, Ginn combo is so much better than Quinn. Cameron also has given our offense an identity which you will see on the field. The guy has a great offensive mind. He made Gates , Brees, and Rivers stars

Im sure Rivers and Brees talent had something to do with this also. if he makes Cleo lemon a star then maybe we can give him all the credit.

Experts have a cushy gig, especially in the NFL punditry land.

When they are right, there are entire segments on widely seen TV shows that feature pundit X speaking about why they were correct.

When they are wrong, they suffer no penalty for being wrong, their failed opinions are never mentioned, the Saints had a great year last year, who went back through all of the publications and preseason TV shows to point out that "gee you fumbled that one"?

Answer: No one.

What they will do is preface their comments with "The surprising Saints" or "The Ravens are sneaking up on people in the AFC"

Think about all of the pundits who proclaimed our Fins "Super Bowl Bound"
before the start of last season, did even one have to suffer the ignomy of admitting "I was wrong"?

Im sure Rivers and Brees talent had something to do with this also. if he makes Cleo lemon a star then maybe we can give him all the credit.
Key is he developed them. Of course you have to be good to be good (if that makes sense). The fact is he doesn't have a history of turning QB's with good talents crappy. He's developed QB's that have become good. We hope to have one of those on our roster (Beck).

With regards to the wall of text :wink: experts are experts, they're not fortune tellers. I read them for fun, and I'll continue to read them because my team only plays 16 times a year (plus preseason and hopefully postseason) for the rest of the year I can only read experts and non-experts. I dont' put much stock into their predictions and their rankings, but the insight a lot of us don't have personal access to.

I still prefer the experts opinion over yours. We haven't been to the playoffs in five years. Under Wayne the fins have been a laughing stock off the field. Every move the Dolphins do these boards gush with praise yet nothing has been done to improve the team on or off the field.

And don't give me anything about Cam improving things because reality is we are two days away from training camp and cam has done nothing other the shake some hands and hold some meetings at this point and has turned nothing around.

Yes, two days away from camp and all but one rookie is signed, our defense has improved with the addition of Joey Porter, we've gotten rid of wife beaters and druggies, got our QB of the future, got what could be one of the most explosive players that's been seen in years (fastest player since Darryl Green), settled the Ricky debacle....let's see, what else?? Well i guess you're right, Cam hasn't improved things at all..:err:

I for one believe that we've had a great draft and if we hit on 6 or 7 of the class plus 2 or 3 of the FAs we will look back on this class as a turning point in Dolphin history. As John Beck says " I'm pumped"!

Who called these guys experts to begin with? Don't you have to be an expert before you're annointed one?

Or is this some sorta on TV rule? It's like fat chicks calling themselves divas. Cha I don't think so

Lets just start the season and go kick some tail.I cant wait.We are so close.
Im freaking out without football.

GO DOLPHINS...........#1

Back
Top Bottom