"Explanation Of Our Offensive System" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Explanation Of Our Offensive System"

CRAZYDOLFAN305

We Are Still Going To The SB
Reaction score
Sorry fellas, I keep starting these threads with all of this info. But it's so interesting I figured some might be able to enjoy it. I think this should be it for the day:err:..It got me excited just thinking of the possibilities. And also on NFL network tomorrow, their re-playing the Chargers VS. Broncos. I would encourage to watch that game so you can get a feel of how Cam likes to call plays.

http://www.webskins.org/joe.html

(1) Run precision patterns. The QB should be able to complete passes with his eyes closed because the WR's should be running exact patterns EVERY TIME--no deviation. A receiver should run a particular pattern (say, a sideline) the exact same distance each time, the cut should occur at the same place, and it should take exactly the same amount of time to run it each time.

(6) Throw to the open-man. Because this offense puts a premium on putting receivers into the pattern, there should always be someone open. Forcing the ball (throwing into coverage) in this offense destroys the offensive scheme.

I remember how well we ran this play in 2002 with Ricky.

(8) Overwhelm the defense at the point of attack. Have a big OL. Then pull a TE and a G. Use the FB to seal pursuit (although sometimes the FB and TE will exchange roles just to screw up the defensive keys).. And develop the play quickly--don't give the defense time to recover or compensate with pursuit...

The only concern is Ginn's route running ability, especially if the offense calls for precise routes. Either the scheme will have to bend a little or Ginn could be limited to only a couple routes. Still psyched though, should be a fun offense.

The only concern is Ginn's route running ability, especially if the offense calls for precise routes. Either the scheme will have to bend a little or Ginn could be limited to only a couple routes. Still psyched though, should be a fun offense.
Well a rookie will have the time to learn if he is taught correctly. Why doesn't Chamber's poor route running not bother you?

Can you imagine what will happen when Ronnie runs this play..

yes and he will stutter step at the line of scrimmage and lose 2 yards. I dont know what people see in one of sabans most costly mistakes but cam better fix it, bench him a series ever time he makes that stupid move.

yes and he will stutter step at the line of scrimmage and lose 2 yards. I dont know what people see in one of sabans most costly mistakes but cam better fix it, bench him a series ever time he makes that stupid move.

I disagree I can see the talent in RB..but I agree we need to see results NOW!

And I think we will.

Wait to see what Zo Bo does i m hoping he turns as many heads as Ginn does.

You must have not watch RB, do you understand the man averages 4.2 YPC..? So who would you rather have drafted ? Anybody you can possibly name, RB have better stats than them..

4.2 YPC ? how do you possibly get better than that ?

You must have not watch RB, do you understand the man averages 4.2 YPC..? So who would you rather have drafted ? Anybody you can possibly name, RB have better stats than them..

4.2 YPC ? how do you possibly get better than that ?

stop tap dancing in the backfield

On a more serious note I think his hesitation in the backfield has more to do with what the offensive line gives him in way of openings rather than
his abilities.

wow... just wow... what a hater... you sure aren't seeing what "I'm" seeing....

stop tap dancing in the backfield

On a more serious note I think his hesitation in the backfield has more to do with what the offensive line gives him in way of openings rather than
his abilities.

maybe if he wasn't running into the fanny of his offensive line TWO YARDS DEEP, he wouldn't BE "tap dancing"

Back
Top Bottom