Extra 5th Round Pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Extra 5th Round Pick

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Can someone clarify whether Miami has an extra 5th rounder next year and, if so, how they obtained it. Thanks. ESPN reported that Miami used their 2nd of two 5th and that's the first I heard of it.

SF Dolphin Fan said:
Can someone clarify whether Miami has an extra 5th rounder next year and, if so, how they obtained it. Thanks. ESPN reported that Miami used their 2nd of two 5th and that's the first I heard of it.
The additional 5th rd pick we obtained from green bay when we traded Brad Bedell to them, it was NOT from the Surtain trade.

I was wondering about the extra 5th as well also the espn article said we had 2 first rounders in 2006..where did that come from

The Surtain trade only involved swapping 5th's in the draft that just passed. fins2923 stated to me that it is from our trade w/ GB for some guy named Brad Bedell who we signed as a FA. ESPN states it was a conditional 6th o well....

teji67 said:
I was wondering about the extra 5th as well also the espn article said we had 2 first rounders in 2006..where did that come from

I think that was a misprint. I think it was supposed to read 2 fifth rounders.

PHINSfan said:
The additional 5th rd pick we obtained from green bay when we traded Brad Bedell to them, it was NOT from the Surtain trade.

Thank you!! I have a vague memory of that.

Wright for a later 5th rounder is a steal....this guy has the potential to be a starter eventually...I watched a lot of PAC-10 games and this guy was great for USC.....Our D Line with JT, Roth, and this guy is gonna kick a$$.

how does anyone know what 5th rd pick it is? i would think that they would either have to submit our 5th or the 5th we aquired from another team. therefore it all depends on this years records to determine which pick it is. i dont think we could have just emailed the nfl and told them we want to offer a 5th but we will tell u next year which one.

teji67 said:

Saban is a smart man. he didnt waste a pick if this guy doesnt pan out. Im sold on his GM skills.

Holy moly! Rick Speilman, you are a master! :lol:

http://packers.com/team/players/bedell_brad/

Brad Bedell #72
Position: Tackle/Guard
College: Colorado
Ht: 6' 4"
Wt: 318 lbs.
Aquired: T-04 (Mia)

2004 Updated Bio

Served as the primary backup to Chad Clifton at left tackle throughout the season. Was acquired by Green Bay in a trade with Miami on Sept. 5 in exchange for a conditional 2006 draft choice. Packers Head Coach Mike Sherman compared him to former Green Bay lineman Barry Stokes, but said that Bedell was stronger and tougher than Stokes. Is capable of playing left guard in addition to left tackle. Saw action in four games, dressed but did not play in two contests, and was inactive for the other 10. First action of the year came against Detroit (Dec. 12) as he took over the role as an extra tackle/tight end normally filled by the injured Kevin Barry (quadriceps). Continued role for the next two games, vs. Jacksonville (Dec. 19) and at Minnesota (Dec. 24), assisting with the Packers' 444 yards of total offense in Jaguars contest. Saw action late in game at Chicago (Jan. 2). Designated as inactive for Week 1 contest at Carolina (Sept. 13) and Week 2 vs. Chicago (Sept. 19). Was active, but did not play, at Indianapolis (Sept. 26), marking the first time he had dressed since 2001 with Cleveland. Once again suited up vs. the N.Y. Giants (Oct. 3), but did not play. Subsequently was inactive for Weeks 5 -13. Listed as inactive for the NFC Wild Card game vs. Minnesota (Jan. 9).

http://www.gbnreport.com/trades.htm

First Round

Denver has a #1 from Washington (pre-draft 2005 trade)
Third Round

New England has a 3rd rounder from Baltimore (2005 draft day trade)
Houston has a 3rd rounder from New Orleans (2005 draft day trade)

Fourth Round

Denver has a 4th from Washington (pre-draft 2005 trade)
New England has a 4th from Detroit (2005 draft trade)
Philadelphia has a 4th from Dallas (2005 draft trade)
Philadelphia has a 4th from Indianapolis (2005 draft trade)
Fifth Round

Tampa Bay gets a #5 from San Diego if WR Keenan McCardell makes the Pro Bowl in either 2004 or 2005)
New England has a 5th rounder from Oakland (2005 draft day trade)
Sixth round

Dallas has a 6th from Philadelphia (2005 draft day trade)
Seventh Round

Minnesota gets a #7 from the Jets if LB Sam Cowart does not make Vikings 2005 opening day 53-man roster.
Carolina gets a #7 from Denver (P Todd Sauerbrun)
Other

Miami has a conditional pick from Green Bay (OG Brad Bedell)
Oakland has a conditional pick from Dallas (DT Chris Cooper)
Dallas has a conditional pick from the Jets (DB Pete Hunter).

Back
Top Bottom