Extra 5th Round Pick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Extra 5th Round Pick

Surferosa said:
http://www.gbnreport.com/trades.htm

First Round

Denver has a #1 from Washington (pre-draft 2005 trade)
Third Round

New England has a 3rd rounder from Baltimore (2005 draft day trade)
Houston has a 3rd rounder from New Orleans (2005 draft day trade)

Fourth Round

Denver has a 4th from Washington (pre-draft 2005 trade)
New England has a 4th from Detroit (2005 draft trade)
Philadelphia has a 4th from Dallas (2005 draft trade)
Philadelphia has a 4th from Indianapolis (2005 draft trade)
Fifth Round

Tampa Bay gets a #5 from San Diego if WR Keenan McCardell makes the Pro Bowl in either 2004 or 2005)
New England has a 5th rounder from Oakland (2005 draft day trade)
Sixth round

Dallas has a 6th from Philadelphia (2005 draft day trade)
Seventh Round

Minnesota gets a #7 from the Jets if LB Sam Cowart does not make Vikings 2005 opening day 53-man roster.
Carolina gets a #7 from Denver (P Todd Sauerbrun)
Other

Miami has a conditional pick from Green Bay (OG Brad Bedell)
Oakland has a conditional pick from Dallas (DT Chris Cooper)
Dallas has a conditional pick from the Jets (DB Pete Hunter).
I do have a definite recall that the conditional pick was a 7th rounder IF Brad Bedell made the final Green Bay roster. Don't ask me to quote any links!

cljh19 said:
how does anyone know what 5th rd pick it is? i would think that they would either have to submit our 5th or the 5th we aquired from another team. therefore it all depends on this years records to determine which pick it is. i dont think we could have just emailed the nfl and told them we want to offer a 5th but we will tell u next year which one.

maybe they will just make it the lower of the 2 5ths regardless of record for next draft... so if we finish ahead of GB it will be our 5th instead of that one...

but good point

KuchaMucha said:
Pretty amazing. Hard to imagine that he actually made a good trade during his tenure. :lol:
:shakeno:
You never appreciate someone until their gone..

arsenal said:
maybe they will just make it the lower of the 2 5ths regardless of record for next draft... so if we finish ahead of GB it will be our 5th instead of that one...

but good point

Nope it's based on GB's 5th period, reguardless of record.

From NFL.com...

"The Dolphins selected Wright with the second pick in the fifth round and thus forego their fifth-round selection in the 2006 NFL Draft."

....so it's not our 2nd selection in round five, but the 2nd overall pick in round five. So I assume we only had the one selection next year and now we have NO 5th rounder after today correct?

Ah, I get it now. We were picking SECOND in each round. My guess is that the newswire probably mixed up the report and announced that the Dolphins used their "second pick in the fifth round" to select Wright.

Thats my guess.

Surferosa said:
Ah, I get it now. We were picking SECOND in each round. My guess is that the newswire probably mixed up the report and announced that the Dolphins used their "second pick in the fifth round" to select Wright.

Thats my guess.
Bingo. We do NOT have an extra fifth rounder.

Surferosa said:

Thats my guess.
That's it!!

Surferosa said:

Thats my guess.

:judge:

I think we have a winner!!!

:yes: :yes:

Did Bedell make the squad ?? did we get the extra 7th??

Back
Top Bottom