Extra home game for AFC East rival | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Extra home game for AFC East rival

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
The Oct 2nd Buffalo at New Orleans game could be moved to Buffalo according to Mort on ESPN.

NY and NE gotta be pissed about this extra possible home game especially if the Bills are for real.

dude, theres a reason the game is moved. its because of the disaster. people have lost everything, including loved ones.

im pretty sure the pats and jets will understand....

The Bills aren't going anywhere with J.P. at the helm this year, not a big deal IMO.

Jeez.. Are the Saints going to play 16 games on the road at opponents stadiums?

SkapePhin said:

No, the commish already vowed to not make them play their home games against division rivals on the road. Bill Parcells was asked about what he felt about the Giants gatting an extra home game and he was not happy about it. He said, " I would be stupid to comment on that." Obviously he is not happy with the NFL's decision.

SkapePhin said:

Mort made it sound like only their first two home games would be on the road then after that they will pick a spot to play (LSU or SA)

DevilElias26 said:
dude, theres a reason the game is moved. its because of the disaster. people have lost everything, including loved ones.

They won't say anything publicly but I guarantee you they are not happy privately. The Saints don't ewant this so why is the league doing this? There are many other places they could play w/o giving Buf a hug advantage like this. The NFL has done a TERRIBLE job w/ the Saints here making things even more difficult than they were.

This says the Bills game would most likely be in San Antonio. Screw mort.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/stories/MYSA090905.1A.FBNsaints.alamodome.802bdf8.html

Sources say the likely dates and opponents for the four Saints' games are Oct. 2 against the Buffalo Bills, Oct. 16 against the Atlanta Falcons, Dec. 4 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Dec. 24 against the Detroit Lions. The Oct. 2 date opened after the Builder's Showcase Expo at the Alamodome agreed to reschedule, dome director Mike Abington said.

nyjunc said:
They won't say anything publicly but I guarantee you they are not happy privately. The Saints don't ewant this so why is the league doing this? There are many other places they could play w/o giving Buf a hug advantage like this. The NFL has done a TERRIBLE job w/ the Saints here making things even more difficult than they were.

I couldn't agree with you more, nyjunc. Did I miss something? Is there a reason the Alamodome can't host these games? I know Baton Rouge is a mess right now too, so Tiger Stadium is out, but as far as I know, the Alamodome is open.

And if the Alamodome is no good, there are plenty of reasonable alternatives down there. It's SEC country, for crying out loud, there's a 70,000 seat football stadium every 10 miles, with football-crazed fans lining up to fill it! I would think that playing in Auburn or Tuscaloosa or Fayetteville would be preferable to trekking to Giants Stadium and/or the Ralph.

As far as I can tell, the only reason the NFL is moving these games to E.Rutherford and (maybe) Buffalo is for ticket sales. I think they're afraid that a game in one of those stadiums, set up at the 11th hour, might not sell tickets. But an added home game for the Giants or Bills is an almost sure sellout. Bill Parcells (and others) are absolutely right to be pissed off about this.

its agenst N.O. i was expecting to win anyways.

but it wasnt planned. its not like we had a hand in it. it happend due to the biggest natural disaster in.. however long they said.... no big deal.

cool for us, but not a real big deal.

DevilElias26 said:

That's fine, but why play in Buffalo. Not really fair to the Saints now, is it?
They could play in San Antonio or Baton Rouge.
Putting the Saints on the road every week is a disadvantage. Why doesn't the NFL just tell the Saints to pack it in and wait for next year.:rolleyes:

phunwin said:
I couldn't agree with you more, nyjunc. Did I miss something? Is there a reason the Alamodome can't host these games? I know Baton Rouge is a mess right now too, so Tiger Stadium is out, but as far as I know, the Alamodome is open.

And if the Alamodome is no good, there are plenty of reasonable alternatives down there. It's SEC country, for crying out loud, there's a 70,000 seat football stadium every 10 miles, with football-crazed fans lining up to fill it! I would think that playing in Auburn or Tuscaloosa or Fayetteville would be preferable to trekking to Giants Stadium and/or the Ralph.

As far as I can tell, the only reason the NFL is moving these games to E.Rutherford and (maybe) Buffalo is for ticket sales. I think they're afraid that a game in one of those stadiums, set up at the 11th hour, might not sell tickets. But an added home game for the Giants or Bills is an almost sure sellout. Bill Parcells (and others) are absolutely right to be pissed off about this.

Problem is, the Alamo dome has guaranteed sellouts for the games played there.

MikeO said:
The Oct 2nd Buffalo at New Orleans game could be moved to Buffalo according to Mort on ESPN.

NY and NE gotta be pissed about this extra possible home game especially if the Bills are for real.

And were aren't pissed, this could hurt our possibility's of home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom