Extra home game for AFC East rival | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Extra home game for AFC East rival

finswin56 said:
Problem is, the Alamo dome has guaranteed sellouts for the games played there.

Ah, I see! So the Alamodome itself is guaranteeing 65,000 (or whatever), and so they only want to host those games where they won't have to eat a bunch of tickets (i.e. the Giants and Bills, who aren't likely to draw much interest from the average Bayou resident). Thanks for enlightening me on that point! That at least explains why they're only hosting 4 games.

Of course, it doesn't explain why the NFL can't call up the U of Alabama or Auburn or Arkansas and see if they can host the Saints for 4 games. I can't see a football-mad town like Fayetteville failing to get at least 50,000 out for the game.

Born in fayetteville...and its big enough town/stadium to support a few games. Dig the stadium too. Fayetteville is in the nw tip of AR. Oklahoma, sw missouri, and all of arkansas. These football crazy fans would be drooling over having the saints play there.

The NFL is making a bunch of BS excuses for why they can't just play in San Antonio, but the real reason they don't want games there is that they fear the Saints will have ammunition to move there permanently if they play a game there and sell it smack out like we all know they would. They want this team in New Orleans if they're going to build a fancier stadium because they love Super Bowls in that city. If New Orleans isn't going to rebound, they want the team in LA. I don't get why they don't just order all the games to be played in LA rather than benefitting selected teams with additional homes games, thereby influencing the course of the season. The worst case scenario should have been like the Chargers-Dolphins games -- pick a NEUTRAL NFL SITE like Carolina, Atlanta, or Tennessee and play there.

It doesnt matter where the Saints play the Bills.....the Saints will beat them....Losman and the Bills are gonna be a non-factor. I also think the
NFL is intimidated and worried by Jerry Jones and his territorial issues in
Texas....this is why Tags doesnt want the Saints playing in San Antonio. I
think the Saints will be leaving permanently within the next two years,
most likely to Los Angeles. Benson is a businessman and NO doesn't have
much to offer him anymore.

Last I heard some games will be at Alamodome, others at the oppositions field, and the Phin game and a couple others will be at LSU. Not sure how it will pan out especially with Baton Rouge being used as a staging area for disaster relief. Where are fans gonna stay etc?

Interesting note, don't the Saints have a better away record than home record? Could be interesting for them

The only way I am going to get worked up about the Bills getting a home game is if they win it. If they lose it it's a wash!

ohio st = over rated

great gm and the better team won it...

osu was dumb not putting in #10 in the 2nd to last drive there, :shakeno:

We're playing the Aints.

Last time I checked it didn't matter where we play them, they still suck.

Back
Top Bottom