Famous Wanny Quotes! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Famous Wanny Quotes!

My favorite was, "What throws can Trent Green make that Jay can't?"---circa summer 2001. Seriously though, give the guy a break. Sure Wanny wasn't the best coach, in fact he was subpar for the most part in regards to play calling and personel decisions. Nevertheless, he is a good guy and the team did have some solid seasons with him at head coach. Now though, we got Saban who is light years better than Dave and we can look forward to a bright and fruitful future.

I didn't actually hear him say this, but my dad brings it up all the time b/c he is still not willing to let the Wannstedt/Speilman era go. But according to him, as Wanny was coming off the field for halftime of a Pitt game, the ESPN sideline chick asked him about what adjustments his team needed to make(they were down, big surprise right?) and his strategic answer was:

"Well, I think we just need to run faster out there."

Even the announcers were making fun of him and the reporter had a look on her face like "WTF? Did I hear that right?"

"Jay is our starter"

"There was a run on linebackers, so we felt we had to jump on Eddie Moore."

"....heckuva....."

GoonBoss said:
I'd prefer just to let those painful wasteful, fruitless years die.

We finally have a coach that has done what no other coach in lifetime (38 years) has done- Completely change the character of this team from fast starters, late chokers, to a team to be reckoned with every single week.

He's bringing in tough, hard chargeing players that don't like to lose, and, won't accept it.

Dwelling on Wanny and Co. is just a waste of energy.

Honestly, I wish the guy well at Pitt-

But then, I never liked those guys anyway:lol:

:eek: Didn't Dan come from Pitt? :lol:

Whitedolphin54 said:
Do you like anything or anyone :sidelol:

I like ZT and DM!

Hey, I'm not going to hold it agaisnst a player becasue of where he went to school!

i alwasy rooted for Penn State v Pitt!:D

For the record...No, I don't like most people...:evil:

I like University of North Carolina, University of TX, University of Wisconsin, and Univeristy of Oregon. :goof:

One I remember was when we drafted a corner one year in first round and wanny said he was drafted for depth. When we really needed help at other positions. Like wide receiver or QB.

The thing I didn't like about the comment you don't draft for depth. You are looking for a possible starter. no matter how good the players you already have are. Especially in the first round.

I remember when we first got Saban we'd twitch whenever he used the word standpoint!! That was a big one with Wanny!!
But seriously have a little fun.. yeah hes a great guy.. I friggin love the big oaf..well maybe not love, but thats why its okay to laugh a little...
When he was here it wasn't all that funny.
"punting isn't a bad thing" Okay Dave but ya still gotta score points.
"We're close" Yeah we just need more protection for Jay to Hand it off.

I always enjoyed his opening lines like:

"Hey guys"
the repeated use of "well".....he would always hold the E....

Back
Top Bottom