Fans are correct: Dolphins better off losing | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fans are correct: Dolphins better off losing

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
By James Walker

ncf_u_lucka_576-1.jpg
Matt Kartozian/US PresswireMany NFL fans are rooting for their team to land Stanford's Andrew Luck with the No. 1 pick in April.
How bad are things for the winless Miami Dolphins?

The two most talked about players in South Florida this week were Andrew Luck and Tim Tebow.

The latter plays quarterback for the Denver Broncos (1-4), who will visit Miami this weekend. The former might someday play for the struggling Dolphins (0-5) if they continue to lose and secure the No. 1 overall pick.

That brings me to this thought: Miami is much better off losing Sunday's "Andrew Luck Bowl" against Denver than winning it. The loser of this game will win in the long run by having the inside track to one of the best quarterback prospects of the past decade.

For the record, I am not a proponent of "tanking" games. Dolphins players and coaches, for the sake of their own professionalism and job security, should work as hard as they can to try to turn the team around.

But there is nothing wrong with those not associated with the team objectively looking at the big picture -- and that is where Dolphins fans are 100 percent correct. Miami already lost its first five games and will not make the playoffs this season. Therefore, the more the Dolphins lose in 2011, the better off they will be in 2012.
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/33014/fans-are-correct-dolphins-better-off-losing

Yep....can't argue with it...

Wonder how long this will be here before a "merge"...LOL

Agree to a point.....we've been saying we'll be better next year for a long time now....I hope we get this guy but we need more than just him and we have no 2nd round pick.

Ozzy rules!!

Agree to a point.....we've been saying we'll be better next year for a long time now....I hope we get this guy but we need more than just him and we have no 2nd round pick.

Ozzy rules!!

What the freak happened to our 2nd rd pick?????

I'm so sick of the media/players bashing Dolphins fans for wanting to get Andrew Luck (rooting to lose). What do they expect from us? To root for meaningless wins? To pay money for tickets to watch a team that isn't trying? Unless, as fans, they have sat back and watched Jay Fiedler, Ray Lucas, AJ Feeley, Gus Ferotte, Sage Rosenfels, Dante Culpepper, Joey Harrington, Cleo Lemon, Chad Pennington, Chad Henne, Pat White, Tyler Thigpin, and Now Matt Moore start as our quarterback over a 10 year time span, I don't want to hear it. That is a pathetic crop of starters. Guess how many quarterbacks started for the Colts or the Patriots during this time span? Having that crop of scrubs follow in the wings of Marino is inexcusable. Even the last few years of Marino, we didn't have great qb play. In fact, it's been well over a decade since we have! We as fans are f%&ck**g fed up with it. We gave coach after coach after coach the benefit of the doubt for passing on quarterbacks. We won't do that anymore. So if that upsets some players (that probably won't be on this team much longer) or some media pundits (who can go f%c* themselves), we don't care. We want Luck. We want to win (not just 1-2 meaningless games this year) but for a decade under a competent quarterback and a coach that realizes how important that is.

Ozzy rules!!

Actually we have all of our early round picks, which means if we were to finish last we'd be picking at the top of every meaningful early round which could be a huge step in the right direction - or just more frustration drafts are crapshoots, although I would love to have Luck as would anybody.

its not even a question. we are 0-5 , have absolutely zero chance at making the playoffs, wins will do absolutely nothing for this team other than keep us stuck in this crap for the foreseeable future.

in every other year, i would want wins because the gap in talent is not that significant. this year is a once in a generation type thing where we can select a guy who may turn out to be one of the greatest qbs not just of his generation, but of all time.

I'm so sick of the media/players bashing Dolphins fans for wanting to get Andrew Luck (rooting to lose). What do they expect from us? To root for meaningless wins? To pay money for tickets to watch a team that isn't trying? Unless, as fans, they have sat back and watched Jay Fiedler, Ray Lucas, AJ Feeley, Gus Ferotte, Sage Rosenfels, Dante Culpepper, Joey Harrington, Cleo Lemon, Chad Pennington, Chad Henne, Pat White, Tyler Thigpin, and Now Matt Moore start as our quarterback over a 10 year time span, I don't want to hear it. That is a pathetic crop of starters. Guess how many quarterbacks started for the Colts or the Patriots during this time span? Having that crop of scrubs follow in the wings of Marino is inexcusable. Even the last few years of Marino, we didn't have great qb play. In fact, it's been well over a decade since we have! We as fans are f%&ck**g fed up with it. We gave coach after coach after coach the benefit of the doubt for passing on quarterbacks. We won't do that anymore. So if that upsets some players (that probably won't be on this team much longer) or some media pundits (who can go f%c* themselves), we don't care. We want Luck. We want to win (not just 1-2 meaningless games this year) but for a decade under a competent quarterback and a coach that realizes how important that is.

What I hate is the S4L campaigns by fans in other cities are not being promoted by the media, especially ESPN. Its only here that they are making noise about it, because, as usual, ESPN has an agenda, and that's to hate on whatever sports team that come from South Fla.

You're 100% correct that ESPN/NBC/FOX are focusing inordinately on the SFL campaign in Miami when EVERY OTHER 0-1 win team has fans rooting to SFL.

As I've said before, the Jets/Patriots fans at ESPN/NBC Sports/FOX Sports don't want Miami to become the dominant, relevant team in the AFC East again. You can bet your *** they would like nothing more than to see Luck refuse to play for the team that drafts him and go to the Jets or something.

jets fans say it all the time that they want us to go 4-12 and not get luck.

if our biggest rival wants us to win meaningless games, we can root to lose meaningless games.

Back
Top Bottom