"Fasano Blossoming Into A Complete Tight End" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Fasano Blossoming Into A Complete Tight End"

NYPhin24

Scout Team
Reaction score
http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/a...ight-End/567a9dad-aa12-4f29-a995-9a63b10ae70c

Anthony Fasano has put up the numbers over the last two weeks and they have been magnified by the fact that the Miami Dolphins won both of those games. His five catches for 98 yards and two touchdowns all came at critical times and begged the question why he had been so quiet since the season opener against New England.

But a more detailed breakdown of game film reveals that Fasano hasn’t been so quiet in the offense, it’s just that he was making his noise in the other area he is responsible for – blocking. Whether it’s sealing off the edge on a sweep for running back Reggie Bush or taking on the opponent’s best pass rusher on third down, Fasano answered the call.

Miami’s last scoring drive immediately following Karlos Dansby’s interception of Redskins quarterback Rex Grossman perfectly illustrated how complete of a tight end Fasano is. Moore led the offense 81 yards on 10 plays, with Bush capping it off with an 18-yard touchdown run.

Early in the drive, with the Dolphins facing a third-and-8, Fasano sat down in the middle of the zone and caught an 11-yard pass for a first down. Two plays later he reeled in a 21-yard pass down the middle with one hand at the Washington 34.

The man was blossoming in 08 under Pennington! Thats nothing new. OL and coaching staff affected him thats all. THEY NEED TO GET HIM THE BALL IN THE RED ZONE!!!

I really don't care who flames me or who disagrees (maybe it is the TE in me from days gone by), I like Fasano and I like the way he plays, if you have someone like Manning, Brady or Rogers throwing to him then he is a pro bowl TE.

I really don't care who flames me or who disagrees (maybe it is the TE in me from days gone by), I like Fasano and I like the way he plays, if you have someone like Manning, Brady or Rogers throwing to him then he is a pro bowl TE.

I was actually very high on him when he came out of Notre Dame.

I don't think its an accident that a new QB is helping him shine just as Penny did.

The man was blossoming in 08 under Pennington! Thats nothing new. OL and coaching staff affected him thats all. THEY NEED TO GET HIM THE BALL IN THE RED ZONE!!!

Actually, I disagree with your 2nd assessment just because I agree so much with your first. I think that its been a QB issue all along :up:

I think he always shows a flash of greatness, but I think we still need another TE. I think he would be a great 1 or 2 with some athletic help. The other guys don't even have a name right now. Its dreadful.

Yup.. he's always been this way for us. We just don't ****ing use him. He "disappears" in games because we liked to use him as a blocker instead.

I think he always shows a flash of greatness, but I think we still need another TE. I think he would be a great 1 or 2 with some athletic help. The other guys don't even have a name right now. Its dreadful.

Very much agree with this.

He is what he is. He is a much better blocker than say, Gonzalez or Dallas Clark, but obviously not even close the same receiver as either.
He is more of a versatile every down type of guy. He does do very good blocking "In-line" and if given the right opportunity, he is a solid receiver as well (Although, he sure had a rash of the dropsies for awhile there). I think he is a very good asset if utilized correctly. Hopefully Dabol is the guy to bring that to light

What we really need (And many on here have been pointing it out for several years) is a athletic seam buster, not to replace him, but more to compliment him.

Fasano, Bush, and Marshall have been in beast mode fora couple of weeks now. This is fun watching them make big plays.
Moore is finally getting his timing down, and he throws a more catch-able well timed ball than Henne.

Very much agree with this.

He is what he is. He is a much better blocker than say, Gonzalez or Dallas Clark, but obviously not even close the same receiver as either.
He is more of a versatile every down type of guy. He does do very good blocking "In-line" and if given the right opportunity, he is a solid receiver as well (Although, he sure had a rash of the dropsies for awhile there). I think he is a very good asset if utilized correctly. Hopefully Dabol is the guy to bring that to light

What we really need (And many on here have been pointing it out for several years) is a athletic seam buster, not to replace him, but more to compliment him.

Clay has shown glimpses of that talent. I want to see him targeted a couple more times a game.

Clay has shown glimpses of that talent. I want to see him targeted a couple more times a game.

I absolutely LOVE what Charles Clay brings to the offense, but he really isn't a TE.

This is what I See.

We have, in my mind, a top 3 SLOT guy in Bess, although he hasn't been as sharp this year.
We have a quality young guy in Hartline. He needs some more time, but I still feel good about his future.
We have, when he's on, an absolute BEAST in Marshall
We have one of the best recieving RB's ever in R-Bush.
We have a solid, not great, but solid TE in Fasano.
We have Charles Clay that can line up several places in several alignments and is DAMN solid IMVHO

IF we had a really athletic TE that can out run MLB's down the seam, whoever is throwing the rock has lots and lots of options. Too many for a defense to account for IMVHO

Clay?

Now that Fasano and Clay are getting touches you can see Marshall getting passes in rhythm with the offense instead of being force fed the ball.

Back
Top Bottom