Feeling left out....MY negative post. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeling left out....MY negative post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section126 said:
Really, I guess some posters are special I guess. How Bout TeeMoney and others just flat out calling people idiots and frauds? That seemed to have been ignored.

It was a joke.........It wasn't like I was calling him a name or anything....in fact he replied with an offer of letting me do it for a grand..........I am in the process of fund raising right now so I am withdrawing my original offer.

The problem is that I don't see how what I put in that post was "personal" .....It was a joke!

I guess what is "personal" is now expanded.......So I will comply.
Exactly. You get banned and then people calling out others as idiots, jackasses, and other degrading names don't. That doesn't send the right message. If the mods are going to be strict with "personal attacks," it should apply to everyone. How many times have people like TheBostonBomber gone off on a tangent, flaming other members? I don't see him being banned.

Jimmy James said:
Don't embrace the standard of a noob who hasn't been around in weeks. We're mature contributors here, and the powers that be need to be able to rely on us to set an example. You went farther than you should have, and you served as that example.

This is the last time I'm going to address this publically.

JJ, you just attacked TeeMoney personally by calling him a "noob".....

What I fingd funny is that the person I was supposedly offending caught the joke and RAN WITH IT!

That's all, I will also cease to make any public on the record statements unless directed to do so.

Jimmy James said:
Don't embrace the standard of a noob who hasn't been around in weeks. We're mature contributors here, and the powers that be need to be able to rely on us to set an example. You went farther than you should have, and you served as that example.

This is the last time I'm going to address this publically.
This isn't directed only at you Jimmy, and nothing personal...I respect your opinion, but....

Huh? Went farther than you should have? How many times have we seen members taking friendly pot shots at one another on this board? A mod gets all bent out of shape because 126 actually used the word FART in a joking manner?

It's strange that you mention TBB because I reported a post of his that was particularly rude. I can't find it today.

I agree that in a perfect world, we'd have staffing here to take care of every instance of personal attack. That isn't the way it is, though. Muck apparently can only get on during the evenings at this point, and there isn't much point in doing anything once numerous other members have corrected the offender and the person taking the attack has shot back. The key is to set an example for the youngsters like Tee and TBB that this stuff doesn't get tolerated even from the more senior members.

Section126 said:
JJ, you just attacked TeeMoney personally by calling him a "noob".....

What I fingd funny is that the person I was supposedly offending caught the joke and RAN WITH IT!

That's all, I will also cease to make any public on the record statements unless directed to do so.
That wasn't the issue. Someone with no sense of humor complained, and blew it wayyyy out of proportion...that's all.

Jimmy James said:
It's strange that you mention TBB because I reported a post of his that was particularly rude. I can't find it today.

I agree that in a perfect world, we'd have staffing here to take care of every instance of personal attack. That isn't the way it is, though. Muck apparently can only get on during the evenings at this point, and there isn't much point in doing anything once numerous other members have corrected the offender and the person taking the attack has shot back. The key is to set an example for the youngsters like Tee and TBB that this stuff doesn't get tolerated even from the more senior members.
I disagree. There's been many times where members took friendly shots at one another, AND mods were present. This whole thing is ridiculous. We should be talking about how funny the FIRST post of this thread is instead of talking about taking non-existent personal attacks.

Dolfan954 said:
This isn't directed only at you Jimmy, and nothing personal...I respect your opinion, but....

Huh? Went farther than you should have? How many times have we seen members taking friendly pot shots at one another on this board? A mod gets all bent out of shape because 126 actually used the word FART in a joking manner?

I think you bring up a good point here. There was no indication that this was a joke. A little :tongue: or ;) goes a long way. I didn't catch this until this morning, but I can see how a user might have complained or a mod/admin might have not caught onto this being a joke. I've done mod work in the past on other sites -- it's not just fun and games. A message board has rules, and those rules have to be enforced to the best ability by the mods using their best judgment.

Section126 said:
Really, I guess some posters are special I guess. How Bout TeeMoney and others just flat out calling people idiots and frauds? That seemed to have been ignored.

It was a joke.........It wasn't like I was calling him a name or anything....in fact he replied with an offer of letting me do it for a grand..........I am in the process of fund raising right now so I am withdrawing my original offer.

The problem is that I don't see how what I put in that post was "personal" .....It was a joke!

I guess what is "personal" is now expanded.......So I will comply.
:roflmao:

Jimmy James said:
I think you bring up a good point here. There was no indication that this was a joke. A little :tongue: or ;) goes a long way. I didn't catch this until this morning, but I can see how a user might have complained or a mod/admin might have not caught onto this being a joke. I've done mod work in the past on other sites -- it's not just fun and games. A message board has rules, and those rules have to be enforced to the best ability by the mods using their best judgment.
That's understandable. Every member doesn't know the "relationship" between certain members, but I'm sure all the mods know about 126 and his sense of humor. They also know about CW. Therefore, there shouldn't have been an issue. Scroll up to the previous posts. I'm not the only one who wasn't offended, and saw the humor in it...including CW.

ETA: Imagine all the fun we could've had picking apart 126's "the sky is falling" parody...it's ruined.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Why no warnings for the comment that he would do it for free?

Exactly.

Originally Posted by TerryTate
He'll let you do that for free, he's into that sorta stuff :roflmao: j/k

I guess you can get away with that sort of thing if you're TerryTate, office linebacker.

I think that goes to the heart of the issue. Just because the mods might know these two, that doesn't mean that users do. It's like what happened between a couple of other guys in the thread about somebody wanting WH to sell the team -- one of them said they had a feud going, and they got told to take it to PM or at any rate keep it out of here. That's good advice for any special relationships.

The point isn't that 126 is a bad person. It's that there are rules here, and the fart comment went too far in the judgment of the people who matter.

if it was so bad, why didn't they delete the post or move the thread? Why haven't they locked this thread yet? This is no longer Football talk.

Jimmy James said:

I think that goes to the heart of the issue. Just because the mods might know these two, that doesn't mean that users do. It's like what happened between a couple of other guys in the thread about somebody wanting WH to sell the team -- one of them said they had a feud going, and they got told to take it to PM or at any rate keep it out of here. That's good advice for any special relationships.

The point isn't that 126 is a bad person. It's that there are rules here, and the fart comment went too far in the judgment of the people who matter.
If that truly was the case, there's a simple solution to that..explain that it's all in good fun, just like numerous exchanges I've read here before.

This is worse than the Janet Jackson "nipplegate." He went to far by saying FART?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom