FF 2 Years- Please Draft THIS Guy! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FF 2 Years- Please Draft THIS Guy!

where is the lonestar?

did he die of excitement ?

Oh, I'm here, believe me! I don't make many predictions re drafts- only two:

1. I said in 2017 pre-draft that Mahomes would be considered the steal of the draft no matter WHERE he was picked.

2. I thought (don't think I posted) Achane would be considered the steal of the 2023 draft if he was picked 3rd round or later. Like McDaniels, I didn't think he would last that long.

We'll see...

oh, and talking about the Old School mentality of this guy. Go back and watch the LSU game and the Alabama TD KO return- NEVER do you see Achane celebrating. Nothing disrespectful; nothing calling attention to himself. He just runs back to the sideline. Not even a fist pump. No "first down" celebrations. Nothing. I just love this kid.

Last edited:
Oh, I'm here, believe me! I don't make many predictions re drafts- only two:

1. I said in 2017 pre-draft that Mahomes would be considered the steal of the draft no matter WHERE he was picked.

2. I thought (don't think I posted) Achane would be considered the steal of the 2023 draft if he was picked 3rd round or later. Like McDaniels, I didn't think he would last that long.

We'll see...

oh, and talking about the Old School mentality of this guy. Go back and watch the LSU game and the Alabama TD KO return- NEVER do you see Achane celebrating. Nothing disrespectful; nothing calling attention to himself. He just runs back to the sideline. Not even a fist pump. No "first down" celebrations. Nothing. I just love this kid.
mahomes was an easy one imo, i get it though many many folks misread his evaluation, im on the record saying if he came out after his sophmore year i would take him #1 overall, also league MVP.

cant say i have the same conviction of achane relatively speaking, afterall I would of selected Duece Vaughn..

mahomes was an easy one imo, i get it though many many folks misread his evaluation, im on the record saying if he came out after his sophmore year i would take him #1 overall, also league MVP.

cant say i have the same conviction of achane relatively speaking, afterall I would of selected Duece Vaughn..
That's impressive! While you and I may think Mahomes was an easy one, very few people were in that category of thinking he was the best, even after the combines. I think he was generally regarded as just another gunslinger from Kliff Kingsbury's stable, a QB with a strong arm who went 13-16 in his college career.

btw, I'm not saying Achane is going to steal the league like Mahomes- just saying he's a tremendous back, as far as RBs go. I hope he is used in a somewhat limited role and not ridden to death and discarded. He can be a productive asset for 10+ years if used correctly.

We can at least be ahead of the national crowd who really has no idea right now just hiw good this guy is. Name pronounced duh VONN AHH chain.

I really think he will be the NFL’s next great Marshall Faulk/Thurman Thomas/Tiki Barber type back.

An incredible true freshman at A&M who played behind Derek Spiller. Football/Track star in TX high school- world elite speed in 200m and a 10.5 100.

Why do I love this 5’9 185lb guy? He literally has EVERYTHING: Great speed; great strength; great balance; runs hard every play; powerful inside and outside runner; good receiver; good vision/cuts; takes care of ball with two hands (great fundamentals). Humble low key type.

He is the kind of back who somehow makes a sure 2 or 3 yard run into a 4 or 6 yard run. Amazing after contact and kniwing where to finish a run. He had limited carries until end of season. 364 yds on 43 carries for 8.5 ypc. Last two games (on road vs Auburn and Orange Bowl vs NC) he carried 21 for 239 yards for 11.3 ypc.

He also had 5 receptions on year for 99 yards (19.9 ypc).

You saw it here first! 😉

oh yeah, he had zero fumbles...
:UP:

We can at least be ahead of the national crowd who really has no idea right now just hiw good this guy is. Name pronounced duh VONN AHH chain.

I really think he will be the NFL’s next great Marshall Faulk/Thurman Thomas/Tiki Barber type back.

An incredible true freshman at A&M who played behind Derek Spiller. Football/Track star in TX high school- world elite speed in 200m and a 10.5 100.

Why do I love this 5’9 185lb guy? He literally has EVERYTHING: Great speed; great strength; great balance; runs hard every play; powerful inside and outside runner; good receiver; good vision/cuts; takes care of ball with two hands (great fundamentals). Humble low key type.

He is the kind of back who somehow makes a sure 2 or 3 yard run into a 4 or 6 yard run. Amazing after contact and kniwing where to finish a run. He had limited carries until end of season. 364 yds on 43 carries for 8.5 ypc. Last two games (on road vs Auburn and Orange Bowl vs NC) he carried 21 for 239 yards for 11.3 ypc.

He also had 5 receptions on year for 99 yards (19.9 ypc).

You saw it here first! 😉

oh yeah, he had zero fumbles...
this is just so cool and fun, you the man lone star.

Time will tell, but I think it is very hard to evaluate a kid based off 43 carries and 5 catches in 6 games. He did have an excellent bowl game though.
facinating that lone star had so little info at the time but put his name on a seriously early projection.

Last edited:
Spiller is a tough RB with good vision and patience. He will be the starter and deservedly so for his experience, but Achane is in a class by himself, I believe.

I havent see many RBs like him, and I’ve been watching closely for decades.
didnt like spiller coming out.

What makes you believe you’re the first to bring this player to attention? ;)

I’m sure most the college/draft aficionados here have been fully aware for quite a while now.

As an avid HS follower, I knew of him and have seen him play in HS.

He’s from a football rich state and area, near Houston, and relatively close to State power Katy. He was pretty easy not to miss.

He was dynamic in HS and has been so far in college.
please

Back
Top Bottom