Fiedler Haters | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler Haters

audiorage

Scout Team
Reaction score
WHY IS EVERYONE SO TOUGH ON JAY FIEDLER:fire: ? IT'S NOT HIS FAULT THAT HE WAS THE BEST QB ON THE DOLPHINS THE PAST FEW SEASONS. I SAY BLAME WAYNE H:googly: . AND THE COACHING STAFF FOR NOT GOING AFTER A HIGHER QUALITY QB. FIEDLER MAY NOT PUT UP BIG NUMBERS BUT HE KNOWS HOW TO WIN. YOU ALSO CAN'T DENY THE FACT THAT HE HASN'T HAD MUCH OF AN O-LINE OR RECIEVERS. I'D FEEL A LOT MORE CONFIDENT WITH FIEDLER STARTING OPENING DAY. HE DESERVES HIS SHOT TO PLAY WITH A DECENT LINE (I HOPE) AND ANOTHER QUALITY RECIEVER. HE'S BEAT A LOT OF GOOD TEAMS WITH A LOT LESS. IM NOT SAYING HE'S THE PHINS ANSWER FOR QB, BUT HE'S THE BEST THEY HAVE TO WORK WITH. FEELEY IS GONNA TAKE A WHILE. WHAT
ARE YOUR THOUGHTS???
:monkeyr: :monkeyl: :nesucks:

I agree with you, and welcome to the finheaven boards.

But, please lay off the CAPS. :D

Btw the Fiedler/Feeley discussion has been beaten to death. The Fiedler hates will stay Fiedler haters. The Fiedler supporters will stay Fiedler supporters. And The Feeley bandwagon hoppers will stay Feeley bandwagon hoppers. That's just the way it is.

Only time will tell which side is right/wrong.

audiorage said:
WHY IS EVERYONE SO TOUGH ON JAY FIEDLER:fire: ? IT'S NOT HIS FAULT THAT HE WAS THE BEST QB ON THE DOLPHINS THE PAST FEW SEASONS. I SAY BLAME WAYNE H:googly: . AND THE COACHING STAFF FOR NOT GOING AFTER A HIGHER QUALITY QB. FIEDLER MAY NOT PUT UP BIG NUMBERS BUT HE KNOWS HOW TO WIN. YOU ALSO CAN'T DENY THE FACT THAT HE HASN'T HAD MUCH OF AN O-LINE OR RECIEVERS. I'D FEEL A LOT MORE CONFIDENT WITH FIEDLER STARTING OPENING DAY. HE DESERVES HIS SHOT TO PLAY WITH A DECENT LINE (I HOPE) AND ANOTHER QUALITY RECIEVER. HE'S BEAT A LOT OF GOOD TEAMS WITH A LOT LESS. IM NOT SAYING HE'S THE PHINS ANSWER FOR QB, BUT HE'S THE BEST THEY HAVE TO WORK WITH. FEELEY IS GONNA TAKE A WHILE. WHAT
ARE YOUR THOUGHTS???

Please stop screaming and welcome to the boards btw.

And this crap about Fiedler never having a decent line or recievers needs to be put to rest for good. He's had the best reciever since OJ McDuffie, the best TE we've had since Joe Rose, and the best RB we've ever had period, and combined with a strong offensive line he had everything you can ask for. Remember what happened? Althought it wasn't all Jay's fault, a good portion was his and everyone acts like he's never had the tools to succeed. That o-line was damn good in 2002, Ricky was the best back in the league and he had Randy and Chris Chambers and Oronde Gadsden and Travis Minor and Dedric Ward and Cris Carter, so don't tell me he didn't have the weapons to succeed. This is only in reference to the 2002 season btw. Fiedler lovers have no arguement when it comes to this, he had the chance and he failed. He's had one too many chances and its time for some fresh blood IMO.

Finsflurry said:
Please stop screaming and welcome to the boards btw.

And this crap about Fiedler never having a decent line or recievers needs to be put to rest for good. He's had the best reciever since OJ McDuffie, the best TE we've had since Joe Rose, and the best RB we've ever had period, and combined with a strong offensive line he had everything you can ask for. Remember what happened? Althought it wasn't all Jay's fault, a good portion was his and everyone acts like he's never had the tools to succeed. That o-line was damn good in 2002, Ricky was the best back in the league and he had Randy and Chris Chambers and Oronde Gadsden and Travis Minor and Dedric Ward and Cris Carter, so don't tell me he didn't have the weapons to succeed. This is only in reference to the 2002 season btw. Fiedler lovers have no arguement when it comes to this, he had the chance and he failed. He's had one too many chances and its time for some fresh blood IMO.

lets see that year, the TE was a rookie and the best Reciever since Oj mcduffie had no seperation skills and was the #2 reciever to slow-a$$ Gadsen...

--Ross

Ross said:
lets see that year, the TE was a rookie and the best Reciever since Oj mcduffie had no seperation skills and was the #2 reciever to slow-a$$ Gadsen...

--Ross

That receiver with "no seperation skills" had over 50 catches for 740 yards, thats almost 15 yards a catch I'd say he had some pretty decent separation.

That "rookie" TE also had 40 catches for almost 500 yards, not bad for a rook...

I have to agree with Ross.

The TE, for whatever reason, completely disappeared down the stretch. The phenom WR was battling thru a sophomore season of growing pains (struggling to consistently seperate, beat a double-team, and run crisp routes). And the OL, while not too shabby vs decent front sevens running the ball, still struggled against better ones as well as protecting the QB overall.

IMO, Jay has had a few very good skill players, but has yet to play behind a solid pass blocking line. Nor has he played with two better than average WRs lining up to each side. Again, the timelines just haven't coincided yet. When Chambers became a dangerous reciever, Gadsden, the only dependable #2 in the Jay Fiedler era, was no longer around. When Randy and Ricky came aboard, the OL continued to fall apart.....as did Jay (injuries).

Obviously, Jay has his faults. But this post (mine) really isn't about that. :)

Muck said:
I have to agree with Ross.

The TE, for whatever reason, completely disappeared down the stretch. The phenom WR was battling thru a sophomore season of growing pains (struggling to consistently seperate, beat a double-team, and run crisp routes). And the OL, while not too shabby vs decent front sevens running the ball, still struggled against better ones as well as protecting the QB overall.

IMO, Jay has had a few very good skill players, but has yet to play behind a solid pass blocking line. Nor has he played with two better than average WRs lining up to each side. Again, the timelines just haven't coincided yet. When Chambers became a dangerous reciever, Gadsden, the only dependable #2 in the Jay Fiedler era, was no longer around. When Randy and Ricky came aboard, the OL continued to fall apart.....as did Jay (injuries).

Obviously, Jay has his faults. But this post (mine) really isn't about that. :)

Ricky's first year here the o-line played the best I've seen since the Webb-Sims years. So you're saying Chambers only became a dangerous receiver last season? I'd have to disagree with that, I thought since about 1/4 of the way into his rookie year he developed into a legitmate weapon. Jay has had injuries every year, I don't think it's a stretch to say that he is injury prone and its a big weakness of his. Now,Chambers and McMichael did struggle as that season wore on, but Ricky and the o-line got better and better as did the defense IMO especially in the Oakland game and the NE game up until the last five minutes...but Fiedler had his chance as well when he could have iced NE but he missed a wide-open McKnight by about 5 yards. That was all his fault on that play. I'm not blaming the whole season on him but I felt he had the tools to win either of those last 2 games and since then I have lost my faith in him.

audiorage said:
ARE YOUR THOUGHTS???
We did go after better QB's. Remember, we tried hard to get Hasselback, but he wanted to play for Holmgren, and I believe we also made a play for Delhomme last year. Just the fact that we desperately were hoping Griese would beat out Fiedler shows you that the management/coaches have only a little faith in Fiedler.

Ross said:
Nah, I'd call that pretty good QB play...

--Ross

Yeah, I call it pretty good QB play when he leaves you hanging out to dry over the middle to get killed by Kenoy Kennedy...he always makes people stretch and dive and jump and twist to catch his erratic throws, what games have you been watching? Pretty good QB play, that is pretty laughable when he never hits anyone in stride...take off your Fiedler blinders already.

audiorage said:
ARE YOUR THOUGHTS???

I tried to like fiedler and use to think it wasn't his fault for all these problems, but he's the center of the dolphins failure last season. He is a 2nd stringer who starts in the NFL. Feely is our new hope and we have to accept Fiedler just can't do it. Our management will never get a great QB, so lets hope the new Feely wave will be successful, but it's crap we have to hope that our QB will produce.

Muck said:
but has yet to play behind a solid pass blocking line

Jay got sacked 13 times in 11 games...not exactly terrible.

Back
Top Bottom