Fields Facegate was supposed to be a Fake | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fields Facegate was supposed to be a Fake

My first thoughts seeing Fields staring at the sideline during the play was a fake,maybe a coach was either signaling him or yelling at him.Remember Fields missed practiced due to a birth of a child and possibly a reason he wasn't ready for the fake field goal play.

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 21m
Pretty clear Dolphins were trying a fake on botched FG. Derrick Shelby and Jason Trusnik went out for passes from end spots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sherman designed the play for Fields' facemask to score?

Okay, this thread just got bumped to the first page not long after I asked about the fake in a different thread. Good info. It definitely looked like a fake and I was surprised the CBS crew never picked up on it, nor any of the postgame shows like Football Night in America.

It's probably good that we didn't see it unfold because I doubt it would have worked.

Okay, this thread just got bumped to the first page not long after I asked about the fake in a different thread. Good info. It definitely looked like a fake and I was surprised the CBS crew never picked up on it, nor any of the postgame shows like Football Night in America.

It's probably good that we didn't see it unfold because I doubt it would have worked.

I saw this tweet which was just tweeted not too long ago and it confirmed what I thought which is that they were going with a fake FG and IMO the reason why Fields wasn't ready is he missed practice due to he may have been a little distracted after having a new born this week and the missing practice part

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 21m
Pretty clear Dolphins were trying a fake on botched FG. Derrick Shelby and Jason Trusnik went out for passes from end spots.

Yep, when they cut away to the commercial, I rewound my DVR and watched that play again and clearly saw Shelby take off running (instead of blocking) from his left end spot. That said, a player from the Pats saw it and started running with him. I was also very surprised that the announcers didn't pick up on this...it clearly looked like a fake to me. You're right though...even if it was a clean snap, that play wasn't looking too promising for Miami.

This looked like a fake and now it's confirmed along with the error going to Fields.I believe Fields signals for the snap and Denny prematurely esnapulated the ball.But they are giving Fields the error.Maybe Field didnt realize it was a silent quick snap?

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 45m
Stay correction: NFL now credits Denney fumble on botched fake FG attempt on Fields instead.

I don't buy that it was a fake. Fields didn't practice all week - why run a fake with no reps during the week?

Back
Top Bottom