Filling the FS gap in free agency.. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Filling the FS gap in free agency..

While I agree LB needs upgrading, I don’t think taking a 4-3 OLB at 11 is a good idea at all. If we ran a 3-4 I could see us go after one of the top guys in Smith or Edmunds. I don’t think either is an Elite 4-3 MLB warranting a number 11.

If we could land Fitzpatrick in round 1 followed by a TE in round 2 and Shaqueam Griffin in round 3 I would be jacked!

I think a quality LB (even 4-3) would do wonders for the Defense. Edmunds is a 1st class Blitzer that would be extremely disruptive, and Smith is really good in coverage, which would finally help our ability to stop TEs from taking over.

Even with all that, I have no problem with what you proposed, that would work just as well if it fell that way.

Starting to look at Kizir White of Virginia and they seem to have used him as a Derwin James like player. Pretty solid play that could be a 2nd rnd target. Also really like Jordan Whitehead of Pitt.

If you played dime with more safeties instead of corners I wonder how that would look. For example, have X and Tank on the outside, TJ Reshad and two S draft picks in the slot and over the top deep, with Raekwon as the mike. You would have combo hitters/chess pieces all in the middle and could blitz/cover/and still play the run well.

Back
Top Bottom