Film study of Miami Offense | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Film study of Miami Offense

Lucky for us many of you won't be deciding on what Wallace can and can't do in this offense. His route running is fine and at 26 is something you can absolutely teach. His playmaking ability more than makes up for average route running. Resign Hartline and you have yourself a player every bit as capable as Jennings or Bowe, and much younger/cheaper.

What you're failing to see though Houtz is that in the 2nd round we can land what Wallace would bring for pennies whereas with Wallace you eat up $10mil of cap space. You can use $8mil for Jennings and grab a TE and a CB via FA instead.

The last time Bowe was reported to be "head case" was in 2009 when Todd Haley threatened to bench him for his lack of work ethic and coming to camp overweight. Since that time Bowe has been the consumate teammate. Here is what Matt Cassel had to say about Bowe.

Yes Bowe has had problems with dropped passes but then again...a lot of the top receivers have problems dropping passes from time to time. I think some fans make a bigger deal out of dropped passes than they should. Mike Wallace dropped four passes in one game. Jimmy Graham led the league in dropped passes with 13. Bowe dropped 5 passes last season.

Thank you Thank you Thank you. I get sick and tired of people with their “I seem to remember some issues with Bowe” reactions to him, but when pressed, they can never point to a single incident other than a benching by that lame duck of a head coach, Todd Haley.

I live in KC. I follow the Chiefs rather closely and listen to the local sports talk every day. There are absolutely no issues on or off the field with Dwayne Bowe. For whatever reason, people just assume that because his play is similar in style to Brandon Marshall’s that he must also be the cancerous head case that our former diva WR was. That’s just not the case. The guy has put up some impressive numbers over his career with a number of really bad QB’s. He’s never been anything less than professional towards them in the media, on the field or I assume in the locker room since we would have heard about it.

What you're failing to see though Houtz is that in the 2nd round we can land what Wallace would bring for pennies whereas with Wallace you eat up $10mil of cap space. You can use $8mil for Jennings and grab a TE and a CB via FA instead.

Exactly.

So since recievers like mike wallace are available so often in rounds 2 and 3 why is it that very few teams have a "mike wallace". Yea we can find speed guys like clyde gates who will suck. You dont let an oppurtunity like this pass by. The guy is a playmaker. Hes 26. He doesnt only run nine routs, thats the biggest myth you all should get out of your heads. I wouldnt sign jennings, a 30 year old reciever who hasnt been able to stay on the field the last two seasons due to injuries, over mike wallace, a 26 year old stud who is just entering his prime

So since recievers like mike wallace are available so often in rounds 2 and 3 why is it that very few teams have a "mike wallace". Yea we can find speed guys like clyde gates who will suck. You dont let an oppurtunity like this pass by. The guy is a playmaker. Hes 26. He doesnt only run nine routs, thats the biggest myth you all should get out of your heads. I wouldnt sign jennings, a 30 year old reciever who hasnt been able to stay on the field the last two seasons due to injuries, over mike wallace, a 26 year old stud who is just entering his prime

Many teams "do" have a Wallace. And the Steelers realize the 2nd and 3rd rounds will have at least 3 or 4 of them. Why do you think they are letting his behind walk? ;)

Cosell makes a convincing argument, but to say you can just draft a Mike Wallace in the 2nd round is silly. Obviously it's possible, but in his first 4 years in the league Wallace has arguably been the best receiver in the game, statistically. Ted Ginn has the ability to fly by everyone too, but Ginn is no Mike Wallace. Speed is a facet of Mike Wallace's game, and the ability to blow the top off the defense is a constant threat, but IMO he's the total package...and opens up the field for everybody else.

I still think we should sign 2 of the 3 big time wide receivers..go after proven guys. I don't think drafting playmakers on offense is Ireland's strength.

There's only one Mike Wallace. Let's see this front office draft a Mike Wallace type player. When Ireland hits on a WR I will be the first one to eat crow. Don't think it's possible judging from his last four drafts.

Deep down I know we won't sign Wallace. It's just not something I think we are capable of. Probably won't even land any of the three WRs. Mediocrity is our middle name.

I have a problem with any analysis of last year's O. New HC, OC, rookie QB, limited talent with some not fitting does not give any fair indication of what the team wants to do, only what they had to do. If you consider the overall talent level of last year's O, it would not be all that far fetched to compare them to an expansion team.

Think about that for a moment. Pouncey and ?'s on the OL, worst WR's in the league (according to some), Bush good half the time at RB, Fasano not doing much at TE, and a rookie QB.

Sound like an expansion team or, Have I overstated?

Back
Top Bottom