Fin Frenzy’s Mock Offseason (Pre-Free Agency) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fin Frenzy’s Mock Offseason (Pre-Free Agency)

Solid, but need another CB. Counting on a lot of injured guys on that list. Who is Forbes? Did I miss something?
My fault! I was working on this mock in the notes of my phone and made a mistake. At one point I had us drafting Emmanuel Forbes the CB from Miss St and ended up making a change to that. For some reason I was still thinking I had us drafting him tho which is why I chose to neglect adding another CB in free agency.

I definitely agree tho! We’ll need to add a corner in free agency with my mock also!

OP, thanks....my views as follows:

Kinda lost me with resigning Little over shell and not resigning Seiler.

In addition, Needham is questionable resign at corner. Can he play safety for Fangio? He's a good fundamental player, tackles well, but is very slow and coming off that injury that's a tough one for a DB to recover from.

As far as nickle CB, I'd expect Brandon Jones in big nickle, and Kadar Kohou in the standard nickle role.

You've got to be joking with restructuring Xavien Howard, right?

I get the trade Ogbah crowd, but who replaces his production? That would be a big free agent signing or early draft pick. We are better served to bring him back next year. There is poor depth on the defensive line.

You have a solid draft, although LaPorta is a reach in round 2. We'd be better served at LB or Corner there unless a stud TE fell unexpectedly. LaPorta is good, but he's not a top 50 guy.

Also, on your CB depth chart you have Forbes, im assuming that's Emmanuel Forbes, which would be a good pick in round 2, eventhough he's really frail, but is quite physical for his size....but you didn't draft him in your draft??

I agree with many of the re-signings, and your free agents are well thought out and definitely upgrades to the roster. Wagner is a career west-coast guy, most likely not going to happen, so we might be better to look at Lavonte David. The safety free agent is a tad underwhelming, in my opinion.

I appreciate you sharing this cause it's so much fun to chat about, and I know that took some time to put to words. Thanks for the share, bro!

Last edited:
Looks like a solid plan and fairly realistic.

My one knock. I'm not as high on Mike McGlinchey as many are on this site and I think he'll end up with close to $16-18 million per year. Not worth that kind of money IMO. Also, not sure there's a mid-tier offensive lineman worth signing in free agency. While I understand going that route to open up the draft for other areas, Miami may have to draft an offensive lineman.

I hate to say that because Grier has struggled finding offensive line talent. Only Hunt has hit (so far) among Jackson, Eichenbergh, Kindley etc.

I think Miami might sign at least one mid tier F/A and concentrate on using it's initial cap space to re-sign much of their own. Restructuring Hill will give Miami about $15 million to open up F/A with. Not much you can do with that. But if they extend Wilkins and/or Williams that could potentially add another $7m - $10m. Perhaps that's how Miami becomes, a bigger spender?

It feels like 2023 will be a bargin hunt type F/A season.
Do you like any of the free agent options on the offensive line?

Do you like any of the free agent options on the offensive line?
Yes. I like former Dolphin, Jake Brendel. He's played for San Francisco in the system Miami runs and would potentially be a good addition. I also like Terrence Steele the RT from Dallas, but unfortunately he'd cost Miami a draft pick, as a RFA.

Last edited:
Wow great post! Now we got some fresh meat to eat! Cannot wait till I get some free time - haha

Looks like a solid plan and fairly realistic.

My one knock. I'm not as high on Mike McGlinchey as many are on this site and I think he'll end up with close to $16-18 million per year. Not worth that kind of money IMO. Also, not sure there's a mid-tier offensive lineman worth signing in free agency. While I understand going that route to open up the draft for other areas, Miami may have to draft an offensive lineman.

I hate to say that because Grier has struggled finding offensive line talent. Only Hunt has hit (so far) among Jackson, Eichenbergh, Kindley etc.
Looks like Mcglinchey is set to sign with a new team.

Back
Top Bottom