Fin_Frenzy_84 Mock Draft (Updated 2-17-13) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fin_Frenzy_84 Mock Draft (Updated 2-17-13)

Its not that I dont want it, its just I dont have faith in Ireland to do it. I mean we did trade away Marshall and enter the last season with average WR's. We did trade away our #1 CB and played most of the season with backup to backups at CB.

Why would I think Ireland is really going to pick up a Big FA WR and then draft a #1 WR. I honestly feel it will be either or not both.
Chubbs

Reason I think it will happen because he knows he needs to get playmakers around Tannehill! If he doesn't then he will be unemployed soon

An Offensive Lineman isn't going to get in the end zone.. Playmakers are rare and when you get a chance to pick one up you take it. We did the 'build the trenches' game and all it gave us was an untalented and slow team. Take a shot and let's score some points for once.

An Offensive Lineman isn't going to get in the end zone.. Playmakers are rare and when you get a chance to pick one up you take it. We did the 'build the trenches' game and all it gave us was an untalented and slow team. Take a shot and let's score some points for once.

I agree we need playmakers but it all starts from the line! Our line is very solid but if we let Jake walk, then we need to spend some money in free agency or use a high pick on a replacement! If we dont then you will see what I mean next year

I like much of what I see, but I'm not sure I understand you. So our CB's would be Carroll, Cox and 3 rookies? That's a bold move for a team like ours that was led by its defense and only has 1 pass rusher. Similarly you are letting Jake Long walk and replacing him with a raw prospect (Kyle Long) who by all accounts is a couple of year or so away from starting (because he played another sport) and a little older? He's unlikely to be ready to play RT and no way he can play LT. For that matter it's banking on a massive improvement from Jonathan Martin for him to play LT competently.

Your offseason plan is certainly enticing, and I absolutely love the Levitre, Jennings pickups and your getting good talent with your draft. But, next year you're setting yourself up to get fired as the GM, because our CB situation will give up a lot of plays and expose our weak pass rush. Our OT situation will neutralize our passing game. I might suggesting tweaking something somewhere to get a solution at LT and either DE or CB. I must say though, very good individual items in your plan, so it's not an overhaul, just a tweak IMHO.

I like much of what I see, but I'm not sure I understand you. So our CB's would be Carroll, Cox and 3 rookies? That's a bold move for a team like ours that was led by its defense and only has 1 pass rusher. Similarly you are letting Jake Long walk and replacing him with a raw prospect (Kyle Long) who by all accounts is a couple of year or so away from starting (because he played another sport) and a little older? He's unlikely to be ready to play RT and no way he can play LT. For that matter it's banking on a massive improvement from Jonathan Martin for him to play LT competently.

Your offseason plan is certainly enticing, and I absolutely love the Levitre, Jennings pickups and your getting good talent with your draft. But, next year you're setting yourself up to get fired as the GM, because our CB situation will give up a lot of plays and expose our weak pass rush. Our OT situation will neutralize our passing game. I might suggesting tweaking something somewhere to get a solution at LT and either DE or CB. I must say though, very good individual items in your plan, so it's not an overhaul, just a tweak IMHO.

There is not 3 rookie CB! We would still have Marshall who is still very solid but was obviously injured last year. Banks is a very good prospect and could come in and make a instant impact but he is a rookie so I agree with you he has a chance to be a bust like all rookies.
Regardless our secondary would be much better than last year with this team and not just because of the talent in the secondary but also because we added some very solid pass rushers. (Also how does my offseason plan still have a weak pass rush??? Bennett had 9 sacks and could shred opposite of Wake! Also we would have solid depth with our pass rushers with Vernon and Carradine)

As for Left Tackle I would love to sign one in free agency but the only person I see worth signing at tackle is Clady or Vollmer but they will most likely be tagged or resigned. So then you do the next best thing and sign a stud guard and draft a tackle early in the draft! People may say if thats the case then franchise or resign Long but honestly that would be pretty dumb! There is no point giving Long top tackle money since he does not fit the system!

Back
Top Bottom