Finally QB is not a major concern! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finally QB is not a major concern!

The Colts are in the playoffs after being the worst team last year; and Luck did it with a worse team than us. Luck wins games, has many 4th quarter comebacks, including beating us. And Quarterback is a Major Concern for us if we want to win.
It's not often I bother to reply to a post like yours - but seriously what is your agenda?

You wanted Devlin to start.

You say that the Colts are a worse team than the Dolphins offensively. Really? That's just silly.

I see, and I guess the Colts should also consider getting a new QB.

Ryan Tannehill=76.1 rating......Andrew Luck=76.5 rating

Please do not compare tannehill to luck. Tanny is not even close to the level of luck. We might get 10 wins over the next two years with this guy. The colts found their next payton manning. Must be nice.

Please do not compare tannehill to luck. Tanny is not even close to the level of luck. We might get 10 wins over the next two years with this guy. The colts found their next payton manning. Must be nice.

Did you happen to notice what teams luck beat? Please check out their opponents that they won against then get back to us.

Matter fact Ill make it easy for you:
Green Bay
Cleveland
Miami
Tennessee
Jacksonville
Buffalo
Detriot
Tennessee
Kansas City
Houston

Tbf we were saying the exact same thing about Henne 3 years ago.

Yeah, I was going to say this. The fact is, 3 years ago QB was not a major offseason concern because in his first year (unexpected as Penny got hurt) as starter Henne showed promise. Therefore QB was not a major concern, same as Tanny and this offseason. If two offseasons from now we're not seeing progression, or worse yet regression, than QB will go right back to the top of the list. But I'm going to wait and give Tanny a chance before either declaring him a bust OR declaring him our "franchise QB".

How desperate have Miami Dolphin fans become since not having a decent QB since Marino retired?

Some think that a QB that finished 56th out of 115 QBs ranked in college last year and led the preseason #8 Aggies to a 7-6 record and out of the top 25, followed that by finishing 27th (not 29th b/c Smith and Kaepernick barely missed out on qualifying due to lack of attempts at 218 each) and leading Miami to a 6-9 record (not counting the Jets game in which Moore led Miami) has resolved the QB woes and the position is no longer a major concern...:rolleyes2:

How about waiting until Tannehill actually EARNS the praise.

:lol: As I am typing just watched a FRESHMAN QB at Texas A&M throw another TD pass against Oklahoma. Wonder who Aggie fans think is the better QB...a 5th year senior named Tannehill who played for them last year or a red-shirt freshman Johnny football.

Texas A&M's QB replacement for Ryan Tannehill has become the first freshman in history to win the Heisman... and now he's tearing up the Cotton Bowl tonight....... if Tannehill doesn't work out, Suck for Manziel.

If we take this sort of approach, its a disaster for failure. You don't believe me, look at Alex Smith.

A 7-9 season, and Ryan Tannehill's 12- TD's against 13- picks is not good by any means.

Let's wait and see what happens in the off-season and pre-season first.

-ucfpf13

ughhh yeah you cant really compare johnny football to ryan tannehill. quick without googling it, who replaced marino at pitt, oh yeah bet it wasnt a heisman qb, how many freshman starting qbs have went on to win the heisman.....hmmm one, so yeah i would but am would want him more. but if he was just another guy, sheeesh. lets see what we got before we start crying we need better,

Texas A&M's QB replacement for Ryan Tannehill has become the first freshman in history to win the Heisman... and now he's tearing up the Cotton Bowl tonight....... if Tannehill doesn't work out, Suck for Manziel.

Dont worry, the Colts will be the first team in history to go Superbowl to 0-16 to Superbowl

The Colts are in the playoffs after being the worst team last year; and Luck did it with a worse team than us. Luck wins games, has many 4th quarter comebacks, including beating us. And Quarterback is a Major Concern for us if we want to win.

Well, does Miami really have a goto receiver as Reggie Wayne.....or as good a verticle receiver as Hilton for that matter?

Who was the better recieving TE between Fasano and Dwayne Allen? Fasano caught 41 receptions for 332 yards 5tds (80 yards after catch), Dwayne Allen had 45 for 521 3 TDs (225 yards after catch).

Yes, Miami might have better talent on defense, and at RB, but this is not a team comparison, it's a comparison on two QBs, and and the talent they both had around them to help them passing wise. Luck will probably be a better QB when both of them are retired, but the point is, Luck had better receiving talent around him, yet he ended up with only .4 points better then Tannhill.

I may be wrong, but I have a feeling this off season Miami is going to concentrate more then the Colts on geting better receiving talent. Tannehill should have better receiving talent around him, while Luck will have more or less the same receiving talent to help him.

Your being really nieve to think INDY has a worse team than Miami. Reggie Wayne is having his best season of his career and with the emergence of T.Y. Hilton the offense has become more potent. Oh and let us not forget, Dwayne Allen, and Coby Fleener. If you can garner better Miami offensive statistics than those above mentioned, you'd be right.

It's not often I bother to reply to a post like yours - but seriously what is your agenda?

You wanted Devlin to start.

You say that the Colts are a worse team than the Dolphins offensively. Really? That's just silly.
No, the Colts are better offensively because they have a good quarterback. Yes, Devlin should start, and he is one of the best quarterbacks in the 2011 class, but unfortunately he hasn't gotten his chance YET, and we are wasting time with Tannehill for Ireland's job sake--maybe we'll see when/if Tannehill goes down next year.

Well if Tanny doesn't progress there is always his replacement...Johnny Football.

I do not want a 6 foot spread formation QB. Blah.

We may draft a QB in the later rounds as a development player. Matt Moore is probably gone this off-season as lots of teams are looking for QBs. Someone will give him a chance to start. So even with Devlin on the roster, I bet we draft a QB.

Back
Top Bottom