Finheaven is the best site around. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finheaven is the best site around.

If you guys read that whole Feeley vs Ferrote thread, yes they are some good points made by a Buffalo fan. He basically says Ferrote is too old to carry us long term and if Feeley didn't win the job this season, that would be it for him.

When I TOSSED out names like Trent Dilfer ( Which is a perfect fit for this topic since we will be a defensive based team) He doesn't answer, only gets rude and ignorant and deserved to be "BASHED"

Everyone of the JILLS FANS posts are "NEGATIVE" They get old and tired. Someone else mentions Feeley is somewhat a rookie and no QB in the NFL could have been a success behind Miami's O line, no running game, a lame duck coach a offensive coordinator with no experience and learning a new system. That's also a very good point that wasn't answered intelligently, once again the JILLS fan resorted to comon name calling, as if we couldn't do the same to him.

I brought up Dilfer because realistically, Ferrote could be the same QB for us. If he can play until age 36, which isnt too much to ask for, if the Defense is top 5 and Ronnie and Ricky are together next year ( Which I think they will be) we could very well win a Superbowl with Gus Ferrote.

Top 5 defense, Top 5 running game and with a great TE and above avg WR'S we only need a QB to make plays for us, thats it. Not someone like Manning who will throw the ball 45 times a game. We need someone that can convert on a 3rd and 7 when the rare occasion happens when Ricky and or Ronnie were stuffed. We need someone who can hit an open Chris Chambers or David Boston 45-50 yards downfield on a 1st and 10 when the oppositions D is creeping towards the line of scrimmage thinking run.

There is no reason why this can't be done.

You have to sift through piles of drivel and nonsense threads to get even the slightest bit of quality posting.

It's the best site on the net for quick info, and camp reports, but for me the boards are almost useless otherwise.

The point is there's a place for sparring on this site. I'm not going to lie to you, I've flamed a rival fan myself quite a few times. But there's some good football knowledge in there too. Justa used to really chat up football alot on here, not so much now, not sure why. Wagon Circler has a pretty even view of football. Losman7 posts to get a rise out of us alot, but he does know his team pretty well player by player. Most of the rival fans that end up here often start out trolling a bit but end up providing an outsiders opinion of our team, sometimes that is the most clear opinion whether we like it or not.

RonnieExpress said:
You have to sift through piles of drivel and nonsense threads to get even the slightest bit of quality posting.

It's the best site on the net for quick info, and camp reports, but for me the boards are almost useless otherwise.
It wasn't always that way, I think there are quite a few people on here that would like to see that change.

Megatron said:
The point is there's a place for sparring on this site. I'm not going to lie to you, I've flamed a rival fan myself quite a few times. But there's some good football knowledge in there too. Justa used to really chat up football alot on here, not so much now, not sure why. Wagon Circler has a pretty even view of football. Losman7 posts to get a rise out of us alot, but he does know his team pretty well player by player. Most of the rival fans that end up here often start out trolling a bit but end up providing an outsiders opinion of our team, sometimes that is the most clear opinion whether we like it or not.

Well said Megatron...we get into spat conversations when someone takes a jab, instead of ignoring it, we jump all over it. You can force a poster to stay on point by sticking to the subject and ignoring the jab..everyone is entitled to a jab every once and awhile. We all have different views of our team, sometimes I think the homers are overwhelming, but it's their team and I understand the excitement...but when you try to talk factual, or as you see it factual football, and someone calls you a non fan, or fan of another team, that does go over the limit to me. I've never called a fan, a non fan for not thinking like me. I love to debate and I try to see if what I see is the same though others eyes. Sometimes I might miss something that they see. Our fans have to understand we use this board to discuss our views and they're not going to be all pro for a situation. That doesn't mean we don't love our phins, because all of us do. There's a lot of posters who were really good not here anymore or have moved on. I miss them.

MDFINFAN said:
Well said Megatron...we get into spat conversations when someone takes a jab, instead of ignoring it, we jump all over it. You can force a poster to stay on point by sticking to the subject and ignoring the jab..everyone is entitled to a jab every once and awhile. We all have different views of our team, sometimes I think the homers are overwhelming, but it's their team and I understand the excitement...but when you try to talk factual, or as you see it factual football, and someone calls you a non fan, or fan of another team, that does go over the limit to me. I've never called a fan, a non fan for not thinking like me. I love to debate and I try to see if what I see is the same though others eyes. Sometimes I might miss something that they see. Our fans have to understand we use this board to discuss our views and they're not going to be all pro for a situation. That doesn't mean we don't love our phins, because all of us do. There's a lot of posters who were really good not here anymore or have moved on. I miss them.
That was the reason the boys started this site, to discuss their favorite team. That's why most of us joined, and why it's important that we remember that.

Why cant we have a Dolphins fans only forum???we have everything else.trade your crap,smack, no smack semi smack ..Its just hard to hear or read another fans opinions and respect it when its usually an opinion instead of a fact. Ok we stunk last year can we move on now...I have noooo problem reading OUR fans different opinions,I like hearing the other side from OUR fans... I just wish there was a place to go without all of the other fans 2 cents..can some one a (MOD) please explain why not..we can still go to the main forum if we like ..just an idea..:cool:

BBsuck said:
Why cant we have a Dolphins fans only forum???we have everything else.trade your crap,smack, no smack semi smack ..Its just hard to hear or read another fans opinions and respect it when its usually an opinion instead of a fact. Ok we stunk last year can we move on now...I have noooo problem reading OUR fans different opinions,I like hearing the other side from OUR fans... I just wish there was a place to go without all of the other fans 2 cents..can some one a (MOD) please explain why not..we can still go to the main forum if we like ..just an idea..:cool:
There would be no way to do it, people could still troll. On my hockey teams website they have a very strick policy in regards to posts being team related and will boot any rival fan for starting threads not specifically team related. Wharfrat and the boys are a little more easy going than that, but mind you there are alot more people on here.

Muck said:
I mentioned this very thing earlier this morning in a private conversation.

We need to be more adult and civil (even if you're not an adult). The rudeness and childish antics irritate the you know what outta me.

We are to treat each other in a respectable manner.

That's a moderation issue. Longer a moderator is around generally I find they get more and more lax. Moderators need to nip that sort of behaviour in the butt right off the bat with new users. A kind of "shape up or ship out" type attitude as this site grows or you'll find the inmates will be running the prison so to speak.

Megatron said:
Let's keep it that way. Lately there has been a real aggressive element on here. I don't know if it comes from frustration from last year or what. But basically there has been alot of aggressive posts towards people that don't see this new team as the second coming of Christ. It's everyones team people and not everyone is going to see things the same way. Let's try to actually discuss our differences of opinion rather than telling people to find another team. Come on the Dolphins are still a class organization shouldn't their fanbase be classy as well? I think we are, let's prove it.:D

Si. :yes:

It's the trolls that stir **** up all the time. As long as the regulars leanr to ignore them, all is cool. Disagreements are always going to arise. I mean who the hell would post on a board where everyone agrees with everything you say? That'd be kinda weird. Twilight Zone type stuff.

VanDolPhan said:
That's a moderation issue. Longer a moderator is around generally I find they get more and more lax. Moderators need to nip that sort of behaviour in the butt right off the bat with new users. A kind of "shape up or ship out" type attitude as this site grows or you'll find the inmates will be running the prison so to speak.

I agree that it's a moderation issue, however, the way I see it is that the ratio between members and staff has become more and more lopsided. It's harder to monitor every member when we have more activity every day. :cool:

WharfRat said:
I agree that it's a moderation issue, however, the way I see it is that the ratio between members and staff has become more and more lopsided. It's harder to monitor every member when we have more activity every day. :cool:

That can be remedied by recruiting more mods *coughlookoverherecough*
:D

Back
Top Bottom