Fins are impressed with Mallet | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins are impressed with Mallet

TKAllDay

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
According to Rotoworld-- He is coming for his second visit this week . According to RW we may end up "Spending more time with him than any other prospect" ..
I'm all for this. Mallet at 15 and roll the dice. It's about time.

Then when will I ever get to use this again:
RT1fp-1.gif

In all honesty though I feel like this:
2d0xclc-1.jpg

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Mallet will not be a prolific NFL QB.

I hope this interest isn't just some overly elaborate smokescreen. It's time to roll the dice on a first round QB again, the decade of bargain shopping hasn't worked.

Seriously. Im not a "draftnik" or whatever they call themselves these days, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to watch Mallet's tape and see that the guy has a big time arm, can make most, if not all of the throws, and has the size of an NFL QB. He may not be the quickest QB, or even the most charismatic, but if the guy can chuck the football and win us some football games--- isn't that really what matters? The steelers won a SB with Big Ben at the helm. The Giants won with Eli. Our defense is going to be elite really soon. Mallet and some work on our interior line and RB situation and we are right in the thick of things. Mallet at 15.

I really hope this happens, although i have sad feeling tis regime will take an OL or RB because they need to win now to save their jobs and know theres no point in investing in a QB when you dont have time to develop him knowing most likely if you dont win games at home or miss the playoffs again with a collape, your more than likely out of Miami, thats what sucks about having a coach on the hot seat, hes not thinking about the future or investing in the Miami Dolphins he is thinking about his job, Thats why i hope Ireland mostly has the control knowing he will more than likely be there longer since he is considered a good GM and Ross seems to like him and know this is his first draft alone without Parcells and his 1989 draft strategy

I really didn't think this regime was going to with Mallett at 15. which is a sad because i'm in love with his potential and I like his odds to succeed over any other QB in this draft. However anyone else catch the article on Parcells being regretful about picking White saying “He just wasn't a prototypical quarterback pick. He was a great college player, and we let that color our judgment.” I think Ireland really must feel the same way. I think Mallett is the closest thing to a top prospect thats a prototypical QB in this draft. The amount of time the dolphins have spent with this guy, and the amount of effort they put towards saying there not interested makes me think they are REALLY high on this guy, and i'm extremely excited about this because i love how mallet plays the game. Although being a dolphin fan i know if theres a guy you like as a fan and it seems like hes going to be drafted by this fins, he wont be....

they can trade down and still draft mallet while picking up a 2nd rd pick

you dont want to trade down too far, but i think we could get a 3rd and or 4th if we just move down maybe 5 spots and mallett should still be there. but you have to watch out for teams wanting to jump you ya know

Back
Top Bottom