Fins are impressed with Mallet | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins are impressed with Mallet

[video=youtube;_Z0uBItsSJI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z0uBItsSJI[/video]

Guys I don't see Mallett being on the board at 15. too many teams need a QB in the top 10. I would be thrilled if he dropped but I just don't see it.

Yea, I think your 100% right. Jake Locker should be available, but Miami doesn't like him for some reason.

3yrs ago Baltimore struck gold with Flacco, the 18th pick, 2 years back it was Tampa Bay with Josh Freeman @17. Both of these are big solid QBs, and neither of them were the 1st QB taken. So why can't we catch some lightning in a bottle @15 with with Mallett, 6'7" 253lbs who'll probably be the 3rd or 4th QB to be taken? This scenario's got the same sort of vibe, all around.

I would be shocked, if Mallet is availiable at 15. If he is, Miami has to get him. Hell, I would draft Jake Locker, just to let Chad Henne know he needs to tighten up.

I hope this interest isn't just some overly elaborate smokescreen. It's time to roll the dice on a first round QB again, the decade of bargain shopping hasn't worked.

agreed. Long over Ryan, Brown over Rogers... All this has been argued endlessly here on FH but I would love to argue about whether or not we made a mistake in taking a 1st rd QB for a change.

Yea, I think your 100% right. Jake Locker should be available, but Miami doesn't like him for some reason.

Jake Locker may fall into fifth round. Andy Dalton is better than Jake Locker.

agreed. Long over Ryan, Brown over Rogers... All this has been argued endlessly here on FH but I would love to argue about whether or not we made a mistake in taking a 1st rd QB for a change.
Excellent thought. I'd much rather take a potential franchise QB and have him not succeed then a mid tier guy that is a project and not succeed.

If you think this is a smokescreen, you have to at some point decide...WHICH is the smokescreen?

Spending more time with Ryan Mallett than any other quarterback, maybe even any other player in the Draft period?

Or going out of their way to tell local journalists and even national ones (like Jason La Canfora) that they have no interest in Ryan Mallett and that the guy they're really interested in is D.J. Williams?

The Dolphins are playing both sides on this one, so which is the smokescreen?
Ireland is a tough read and you can't tell what he is actually thinking. His slip up in 2008 of "building your defense around him" complete with feigned embarrassment was classic.

I really don't think Mallet will be there at 15. The rumors have died, his stock is up and there are 3 teams I would be concerned with. The Bengals, 49ers and Vikings. What I fear most is that the Bills will take him at 3.

If we take him at 15, I just hope it's not one of those things you see on NFL network in 20 years "Can you believe that the fins selected Ryan mallet before Christian Ponder?! What were they thinking!?!?"

Seriously. Im not a "draftnik" or whatever they call themselves these days, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to watch Mallet's tape and see that the guy has a big time arm, can make most, if not all of the throws, and has the size of an NFL QB. He may not be the quickest QB, or even the most charismatic, but if the guy can chuck the football and win us some football games--- isn't that really what matters? The steelers won a SB with Big Ben at the helm. The Giants won with Eli. Our defense is going to be elite really soon. Mallet and some work on our interior line and RB situation and we are right in the thick of things. Mallet at 15.

If all you want is Big Arm and Size out of a Qb why on earth aren't you begging for us to take Jamarcus Russel out of retirement?
(not saying Mallett = Russell, just that you need more than a big arm and big body)

I haven't given up on Henne, but I am more than OK with drafting Mallet in round 1. However I havent seen him making it past 12 pretty much the entire time after the college football season . . . to think we can trade back and still get him is just asking for us to miss out on him.

I think Mallet will be there at 15, and the phins will either trade down or pass on him. The fact that we keep hearing about their interest and additional meetings setup, it's like a tease. I for one am taking the, "I'll believe it when I see it approach" when it comes to Miami drafting ANY QB in the 1st rd.

Back
Top Bottom