Fins are impressed with Mallet | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins are impressed with Mallet

To avoid alot of broken hearts, unless we trade up to get him, he aint falling to #15 folks!

I think its a crap shoot that Mallett will be there at 15. Carolina is taking Newton, Bills will take Von Miller, but then you have wildcards in Cincy and Minny. They could take a QB or they could not take one. Tennessee appears to be interested in a QB. Arizona has an outside chance of taking a QB. The fact of the matter is, nobody has any idea that Mallett will be available for us at 15. Its just impossible to say until we're on the clock.

Absolutely not.

But I don't fix a flat tire with a bald tire.

Okay! Just curious how you can label Mallet a "Bald Tire" when he hasn't taken a single down in the NFL? Whereas our current "flat tire" has and based on what i've seen we need to do better at that position.

I really don't think Mallet will be there at 15. The rumors have died, his stock is up and there are 3 teams I would be concerned with. The Bengals, 49ers and Vikings. What I fear most is that the Bills will take him at 3.

Mallett's stock is rising, but I don't think he'll go to Cincy. Not that they don't like him (I think they do), but they are switching to the West Coast Offense. I also think they like Newton a lot more.

Vikings, for some reason, I think like Ponder and Locker more than Mallett.

49ers are the wildcard

they can trade down and still draft mallet while picking up a 2nd rd pick

Maybe, but you are rolling the bones. If you have a conviction on a QB, You don't mess around and risk losing him. When I think of some of the 2nd round picks we've had lately, its not worth the gamble to me to miss out on a QB if you believe he's got the goods.

It's too important of a position.

One of the few still standing in Henne's corner; I'm willing to draft a QB however. A few months back, I would've been in agreement in drafting Mallet at 15, but the more time has passed, the more concerns i have developed with drafting any of these QBs from this draft in the 1st round. I would rather we trade down (either obtain a lower 1st and 2nd round or 2 2nd round picks) and then look at Ponder in round 2. I think Mallet and Henne are very similar with attitude being the biggest difference. Ponder brings that athletic ability which both guys lack and all of us fans have been clamoring for. I was initially skeptical of Ponder's injury issues, but he seems to have been given a clean bill of health. Lets go get Ponder!

I hope this interest isn't just some overly elaborate smokescreen. It's time to roll the dice on a first round QB again, the decade of bargain shopping hasn't worked.

Exactly, if this organization had it all to do over again, it would have made getting a QB a priority starting in 2000, we've wasted 11 years settling for journeyman and second tier prospects.

Without a quality QB, isn't it all kind of pointless?

If you think this is a smokescreen, you have to at some point decide...WHICH is the smokescreen?

Spending more time with Ryan Mallett than any other quarterback, maybe even any other player in the Draft period?

Or going out of their way to tell local journalists and even national ones (like Jason La Canfora) that they have no interest in Ryan Mallett and that the guy they're really interested in is D.J. Williams?

The Dolphins are playing both sides on this one, so which is the smokescreen?

Thats a good question, but spending that much time on a QB is normally a good indicator they want to get a conviction on a guy. I tend to go with telling them they have no interest as the smokescreen.

If they hated him would it would be worth spending the time to get one more prospect to drop a notch, wouldn't that really only possibly drop a defensive propsect possibly to us? I don't see any other offensive prospects that this would effect in regards to our position. I suppose it could help our tradedown possibilities though.

This may sound crazy, but should the Vikings have genuine interest and stand to take him at 12, I would not be opposed to trading up to 9 with the Cowboys to grab Mallett. They are interested in Pouncey, who should be around at 15.

Mallett sounds like the real deal and our franchise's second opportunity to get a great QB who falls because of bogus behavior concerns.

Back
Top Bottom