Fins hire Studesville as running backs coach/run game coordinator | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins hire Studesville as running backs coach/run game coordinator

Eric Studesville - C - Dolphins
Dolphins hired ex-Broncos RBs coach Eric Studesville as RBs coach and run-game coordinator.

Studesville was fired from his post as the Broncos' RBs coach and interviewed for the Giants' head-coaching gig shortly after. He was never thought to be a serious candidate. In Miami, Studesville will rejoin coach Adam Gase after the two worked together in Denver. Kenyan Drake is Studesville's next project.

Can't wait to see him work with Drake

Ozzy rules!!

Welcome to Studs-ville! Population- That guy!

Happy to hear this news, it's nice to see Gase use all that repressed anger during the post game pressers to come out in the offseason and get the right guys in place. I'm ok with giving Burke a pass now that he has experienced help.

I don't think Barrett did a bad job developing Ajayi and Drake, but Studesville could be an upgrade. I think that he is the RB Coach that Gase wanted from the getgo. I like the appointment. This is a coach who has the experience of coaching RBs to win a Super Bowl with the Broncos.

If he can do with Drake what he did with Tiki Barber then that would be great

Is he the one that taught Tiki how to carry the ball differently so he would stop fumbling? That was a stroke of genius. Barber was about to be an afterthought with all the giveaways.

Is he the one that taught Tiki how to carry the ball differently so he would stop fumbling? That was a stroke of genius. Barber was about to be an afterthought with all the giveaways.
I don't know if he actually taught Barber to change the grip the way he did but it Tom Coughlin who suggested Tiki do it.
" All Coughlin did in that first meeting was strongly suggest Barber change the way he carries the football. And Barber did, though not exactly the way Coughlin suggested. Coughlin told him to carry the ball with two hands across his chest. But what Barber actually does is carry the ball in one arm across his chest. And with the other arm he reaches across and holds tightly onto his wrist. That's a small distinction, but Barber believes it's important. "What happens most times is when you get hit, someone grabs your hand and tries to pull it away," Barber says. "So I grab my wrist and pull it back in.
http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/sports/grip-tiki-tired-hearing-year-fumble-itis-article-1.617180

Back
Top Bottom