Fins hire Tony Oden as DB coach | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins hire Tony Oden as DB coach

I just want to see more discipline next year on defense. don't jump offsides, stay in your assigned area, and for the love of god, if we play man coverage everyone needs to play man. We had too many flags directly related to coaching. Hopefully this fixes things a bit. Far more experience it appears.

As long we continue to play press man each snap I'm happy. The DBs live for the challenge.

After reading about Oden, he sounds like a sleeper type coach who doesn’t have any background associations to Gase. He’s had success in both New Orleans and Detriot with his units ranking in the top 5 of pass defense several times, over his career. I’m thinking Oden may have come at the recommendation of Miami’s new DL coach, who knows him well? I’m hopeful he’ll be able to fix the communication issues in the secondary that plagued Miami all year. He’s got some talent to work with, but it remains to be seen if these players can take the next step, under his tutelage.

Last edited:
You just have to love what the Dolphins are doing, I know nothing about this guy, but change is good and Gase is aggressive.

Hum how happy is everyone with the linebacking coach, just sayin.

Back
Top Bottom