Fins Owner Stephen Ross spotted on Stanford's Sideline talking to Jim Harbaugh | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins Owner Stephen Ross spotted on Stanford's Sideline talking to Jim Harbaugh

you have to be stupid to think that ross actaully talked to him about coming to miami on the sideline of his BIGGEST game

I think that would be a mistake. Jim barely has a college football resume. He just finally turned Stanford around with two winning seasons, for that u should get promoted to a bigger college like Michigan not a NFL team

i agree with you on this,, has anybody mentioned his name for OC

Definitely did NOT discuss the Miami job. He was just schmoozing.

BUT, he very well could have asked him what he's doing after the game. With Jon Gruden and Jim Harbaugh both in town and Tony Sparano's fate up in the air, I can almost guarantee that Stephen Ross is NOT getting to bed early tonight. He's going to be out there post-game talking to one of the two, and at that point they WILL talk about the Miami job.

Ross: wow Jim, you got's lots of fans.
JH: yeah, we tend to fill it up.
Ross: did ya see my Orange Carpet?
JH: no offense sir, but who are you again?
Ross: i own this place.
JH: oooooooooh! i'd shake your hand, but i dont need any bad luck tonight. thanks for stopping by though.

Well Ross gave the U of Mich a $100 million endowment. If you're there to major in accounting, marketing or related, you'll be studying it in the Stephen M. Ross School of Business. So don't discount the possibility that Ross is telling Harbaugh "Don't count on the Dolphins to leverage your highest asking price with Denver and SF, we've already ****ed up on a hotshot college coach or two, BUT you should strongly consider taking your talents to Ann Arbor".

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that would be a mistake. Jim barely has a college football resume. He just finally turned Stanford around with two winning seasons, for that u should get promoted to a bigger college like Michigan not a NFL team

wrong, Harbaugh was an assistant offense coach with the Raiders in 2002, then the Qb coach with the Raiders in 2003.

He then accepted the Head Coaching job at University of San Diego, a perennial doormat, and took them to records of 7-5, 11-1, and 11-1 with back to back Championships.

He then moved to Stanford, where he has brought that program back to national prominence.

Jim Harbaugh also interviewed for the New York Jets job in Jan 2009, which was ultimately given to Rex Ryan. So its not like he hasn't coached in the NFL already, and had consideration for a head coaching position as well.

I doubt ross would discuss the job with him the day of the bowl game... Harbaugh had his mind set on the game and nothing else and ross knows that..

Thats nothing. Did you see fiftyofhaze in his authentic Cam Wake jersey? Why are these reporters wasting their time watching what Steven Ross does and who he talks to?

you have to be stupid to think that ross actaully talked to him about coming to miami on the sideline of his BIGGEST game

I also thought it was quite tasteless for the ESPN reporter to ask him just after they presented the trophy standing up there in front of his team after the biggest game of their careers and asked if he was coming back or what his timeline was on making a decision on staying. So, I wouldn't put it past anyone.

Thought Jim and Andrew handled all of those questions well, though.

Back
Top Bottom