Fins trade for Robert Quinn - 4th round pick and swap of 6ths | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins trade for Robert Quinn - 4th round pick and swap of 6ths

Questions for everyone since I havent watched a lot of Quinn...everyone is saying he's way better than Wake, yet he had less sacks last season I believe. Was there a reason? 8.5 sacks is decent but nothing that incredible. All due to bad scheme fit? Will he be better in a 4-3?

Or we could be rescinding that tag ala OV.

This does not count towards compensatory and you have to think Miami may just settle for that late 2019 third.
That is true. It makes sense but cutting Wake? How about Pouncey?.......Wake makes more sense because he's older plus they have Branch and Harris and #75 (Malveux-sp?)
Now I'm holding my breath as to what we gave up but we really needed help at DE

Ozzy rules!!

Quinn didn't fit with the rams after their switched to 34 defense. He will be back to de with Miami. Plus rams needed to free up space in cap. Not a bad grab for phins. Pass rusher, younger, if we swapped picks it better be round 4 or later. I wouldn't give up anything higher then 4th rounder. Rams wanted rid of him. So we better not gave them much. Otherwise not bad trade. Keep wake and start rotating these guys in the d line.

Questions for everyone since I havent watched a lot of Quinn...everyone is saying he's way better than Wake, yet he had less sacks last season I believe. Was there a reason? 8.5 sacks is decent but nothing that incredible. All due to bad scheme fit? Will he be better in a 4-3?

He's a natural 4-3 de. He's a high motor guy had 50 tackles and 19 sacks 2013

he's a 4-3 end. i believe he played out of position last year as a 3-4 outside linebacker. he still had 8.5 sacks.

think back to 2013 when he had 19 sacks. have to be special to do that (ever).

Now we have 3 weak side ends and 1 strong side end. Quinn is not the same player he was pre- back surgery. He hasn't been that guy since 2014.

Back
Top Bottom