Fire Sparano! Fire Ireland! Fire Henning! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fire Sparano! Fire Ireland! Fire Henning!

it was because you had NO expectations... sparano has brought high expectations to this team, something no recent coach has.

Yes, I give credit to Sparano for establishing the expectation. The problem is that I could look at those old teams of ours that sucked this decade and see absolutely no reason why they should have been able to win. Even with their ridiculous roster shuffling, we've been fortunate enough to add a lot more talent than we had to part with. From 2002-2003 on, we were pretty much subtracting talent every year as the guys who this team had been based on for years got old or too expensive.

Also, I think that despite Sparano's raising of our expectations (which he deserves credit for), he took what he established in 2008 and actually stepped backwards. We haven't gone anywhere with his guy at QB, he dismantled a good offensive line that he created and the one that replaced it has been crap, and the offense that once was the talk of the NFL for its innovation has become the most predictable in the league. In other words, from the end of 2008 till now he has actually undone all the good things he did in the first place. That's not progress, that's stagnation.

Well there's 3 promising QBs coming out...Bills will draft Luck (or I'm jumping ship). Will any of the 10 teams ahead of the fins take Mallett or Locker?

here's the list in front of us right now who we will be competing with for a qb...imo...

buffalo (giving you guys luck...otherwise you should like you said...jump ship)
ariz (just ask larry fitzgerald)
minnesota (favre is done...new coach will want his own shiny new qb)
jac (new coach will want own shiny new qb)
san fran (the alex smith error is over...the troy smith one is gonna be short lived)

so that leaves mallet and locker between 6 football teams including miami...2 qbs 6 teams...and i wouldn't sleep on another unknown team getting involved if there's a guy they like that much...say one of those above teams decides kolbs their guy and trades for him with philly that's still 5 teams 2 qbs...

all within the top half of the first round of the draft...we got our work cut out for us in getting say a ryan mallet...i can't see ricky stanzi or christian ponder breaking the first round right now but with all these teams in search of qb help i can see them also getting scooped up with 2nd rounders...which we don't have

People are still bringing up 1-15? Talk about grasping at straws.

Back
Top Bottom