First Order of Business

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dajesus, Feb 7, 2018.

1. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

I look at the Hayes fa signing this year, aged productive veteran, we sign for a decent salary plus a draft for 2 years. We void one year of his contract and the guy gets hurt. Not impressed, except for his play in a throwaway season and now we loose the draft puck plus have to pay a 2nd year premium for a aged vet. Look we keep creating our own holes and then make desperation picks to fill them in the draft. This team is moving backwards personal wise. Only hope this year are these new assistants and hopefully a decent schedule. If these new assistant coaches can develop some talent, then hopefully we can quit trading away draft picks or reaching in the draft for talent or just let the draft come to us like the Pats do.

2. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

Well as GM my priority would be to resign these 3 players if I can at a reasonable cap hit this year and use the draft for the OLD coverage LB, tight end, running back, FS and backup QB positions. All 3 of these guys are young enough and talented enough to play at least another 4-5 years.
    Why I resign Fede, why he plays ST fairly well, can play DE, still young enough to develop and best of all he is inexpensive.
    Why I resign James (talent meets need), decent right young tackle, most importantly for the phins plays in an area of weakness and great need for the Dolphins the Oline, plus coming off his injury there is a good possibility that he might be resigned at a reasonable price.
    Why I resign Jarvis, RT security blanket l coming back from a year and half layoff, tough relentless player who is seldom injured, Dolphins stats galore, sign 5 years spread out the cap hit to possibly year 3 and if Gase wants to stay around he needs productive players and Jarvis is certainly one of those.

3. Dajesus

Dajesus A True Fan Donator

Does anyone know if we don’t pick up the 5th year option on James do we still get a comp pick?

4. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

I'm still hopeful that the team will sign Landry. Other than that, it is a great list.

If Miami can nail down a guard spot in free agency and maybe a starting caliber tight end, then the draft can focus almost exclusively on defense.