First Round Targets (as of Dec. 2) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First Round Targets (as of Dec. 2)

Would you trade up for Sewell or Parsons? Both could be in range. Houston has won four of their last seven, so the Texans could get to 6-10 staying somewhere around that current 11th spot. Sewell, I think goes 3rd overall and Parsons somewhere in that 4-8 range. Rousseau scares me a little with just one year, although he showed a lot in that season.

I think you were the one that alerted me to Lucas. Perfect, perfect for Tua as the right tackle. I'd take him a little earlier than projected and make sure that happens, which would probably be pick 2b.
Not for Sewell... he's going @3 to Cincy. It'd be way too expensive.

One of the others maybe... depends on the price. But I still think that one of them could fall to us. Since both opted out, I think they could slide a bit... and it wouldn't take much if Houston is in the top 10.

You can take Shaun Wade off that list for sure. If you have watched OSU this year Wade has been horrible. His draft stock has fallen every game.
He has lost one on one battles for the ball every game, fallen down and let his man score and is a poor tackler.

Im not taking any chances and I’m grabbing WR Smith hopefully with our 1A. With our next 2 I’m going LB and RB, depending on the board.

1A / 2b: LB Collins / RB Najee
Or
1A / 2b: RB Etienne / LB Bolton

If both Etienne and Najee are gone, I wouldnt be disappointed to grab LBs Collins and Bolton with 1B and 2A to fill in our LBs.

For 2B/3: I’m looking at RB/RT or RT/RB.

Im not taking any chances and I’m grabbing WR Smith hopefully with our 1A. With our next 2 I’m going LB and RB, depending on the board.

Or

If both Etienne and Najee are gone, I wouldnt be disappointed to grab LBs Collins and Bolton with 1B and 2A to fill in our LBs.

We are definitely thinking alike with our draft philosophy. I'd love for Miami to add both Collins and Bolton and solidify the defense as potentially the best in the NFL.

Of course, we'll have to see how the front office attacks free agency.

I think the Dolphins could wait until 2b at running back, but would be nice to get Harris or Etienne. Maybe running back is a free agent?

1a Smith, Parsons, Chase, Waddle, Rousseau

1b Collins, Bateman, Pitts, Leatherwood, Ojulari

2a Harris, Etienne, Jordan Davis, Humphrey, Slater

2b Gainwell, Lecounte, Bolton, Dickerson, Friermuth

3 Twyman, Trey Hill, Javonte Williams, Zamir White, Brian Robinson

Just watched UGA at Mo. Take Bolton off the board for me, not impressed at all.

I really wanted to watch that game. There are a lot of guys I'd be interested in becoming Dolphins. Unfortunately, it wasn't televised here.

He's probably too small anyway. Obviously Flores has his own take on things, but when Patricia left NE, Flores and BB started to really favor Hightower + Van Noy, cutting the time of the smaller LB's. Like favoring big DE's and big DT's, this let's them put more DB's on the field without completely sacrificing Run D. It helps with blitzing, too. Hightower has the ability to get physical with OL, so doesn't need to be a free rusher to affect the play.

This is one of the reasons Z. Collins looks like such a fit.

I know we desperately need help at the offensive skill positions. That needs to be a major priority. But if somehow Parsons was there at 1A and Rousseau was there at 1B I would have a real hard time passing those guys up.

I know we desperately need help at the offensive skill positions. That needs to be a major priority. But if somehow Parsons was there at 1A and Rousseau was there at 1B I would have a real hard time passing those guys up.
I think you'd have to weigh it based on the talent you could get at wide receiver in R2, or the cost of dealing back into round one.

I believe Chase, Smith and Waddle are in the first tier and will be gone before Miami's 1b pick.

The second tier has some great talent in Marshall, Moore, Bateman and USC'S St. Brown.

Miami desperately needs a playmaker at wide receiver. I don't think you can miss out on the first and second tiered receivers.

But the Dolphins do have the ammo to deal up as well.

Or

Don't overlook Javonte Williams RB North Carolina. I'd take him in a heartbeat at 2A.

We are definitely thinking alike with our draft philosophy. I'd love for Miami to add both Collins and Bolton and solidify the defense as potentially the best in the NFL.

Of course, we'll have to see how the front office attacks free agency.

I think the Dolphins could wait until 2b at running back, but would be nice to get Harris or Etienne. Maybe running back is a free agent?
You could go Collins 1B and maybe Surrat UNC 2B, maybe even round 3? Not sure if he slips that far.

I would have a very hard time passing on Parsons with Houston's pick but other than him the Fins should be going Offense all the way in this Draft.

WR(maybe 2), OL and RB with TE being on the table for me too.

Protect Tua and give him better weapons.

IF the Fins had WR's who could actually get separation they would have HANDLED the best team in the NFL yesterday.

The lack of open targets and Grant's atrocious hands cost them that game.

Back
Top Bottom