Five players the Dolphins could sign after NFL roster cuts this weekend | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Five players the Dolphins could sign after NFL roster cuts this weekend

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
gettyimages-460118306.jpg

Entering the final stretch of the preseason, the Miami Dolphins roster has yet to be set in stone.
All 32 NFL teams have to get down to 53-man rosters by 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, cuts that will leave nearly 1,200 pro-caliber players without jobs. And like the other 31 teams around the league, Miami will likely look to upgrade or bolster several positions by filling its roster spots with players cut by other teams.
Here are a few players that the Dolphins could look to add before the start of the regular season.
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...ould-sign-after-nfl-roster-cuts-this-weekend/

I'd be happy with any of the 6 (includes Lane). Kendricks would be huge, but I don't see the Eagles cutting him.

THat cherry kid sounds interesting I don't know anything about him though.

You got a better shot at philly cutting Nigel bradham who I would pounce on than mychal kendricks.

Kendricks looks better this camp than he has in the recent past. Bradham would be a serious boost to the 2 deep nickel and base d. He's solid and miamis dire

Not sure where he is depth chart wise though.

Pretty sure rob brooks is a slot. Undersized veteran slot. Doubt it's in play.

Jeremy lane would give us another boundary piece.

Why is Lane going to be cut? I would take him, Houston and anyone else pretty much from that list.

Zane Beadles might be cut. You better believe Gase jumps on that

A bit of a random thought here - I'm following the Saints camp a bit, and they are deep at LB. There's a decent chance they'll be cutting Stephone Anthony (former first rounder) and Adam Bighill (former CFL defensive MVP). I haven't followed Anthony much, but I can tell you that Bighill, despite his lack of size, was the best LB in the CFL for the past two years . He's active, smart, has a nose for the ball, and packs a punch for his size. He's also had a really good camp and proved he can play with the big boys, but the Saints are just so deep at LB. If he's waived, I think the Fins should look at him - he totally reminds me of another undersized MLB we had here a while back...

THat cherry kid sounds interesting I don't know anything about him though.

Don Cherry
No. 48 Philadelphia Eagles
Position:
Linebacker
Personal information
Date of birth:
September 27, 1994 (age 22)
Place of birth: Trumbull, Connecticut
Height: 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)
Weight: 240 lb (109 kg)
Career information
High school:
Trumbull (CT)
College: Villanova
Undrafted: 2016
Career history
* Offseason and/or practice squad member only
Roster status: Active
Career NFL statistics
Player stats at NFL.com
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Cherry_(American_football)

How would the Phins afford some of these players (assuming they were cut or traded)? Who do you cut to free up cap space? I think we're strapped enough that we can't do anything but sign one or two guys for the vet minimum.

Stephone Anthony is awful. Zero instincts. They rebuilt that lb corp cause he's been nothing but a bust.

But miamis dire so...

Zane Beadles id be interested in but if we only get one bite at this apple Id make the lb position the top priority

Rumor is the Broncos are on the verge of cutting Safety TJ Ward. Does he fit in Miami's scheme?

Back
Top Bottom