Five players the Dolphins could sign after NFL roster cuts this weekend | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Five players the Dolphins could sign after NFL roster cuts this weekend

A bit of a random thought here - I'm following the Saints camp a bit, and they are deep at LB. There's a decent chance they'll be cutting Stephone Anthony (former first rounder) and Adam Bighill (former CFL defensive MVP). I haven't followed Anthony much, but I can tell you that Bighill, despite his lack of size, was the best LB in the CFL for the past two years . He's active, smart, has a nose for the ball, and packs a punch for his size. He's also had a really good camp and proved he can play with the big boys, but the Saints are just so deep at LB. If he's waived, I think the Fins should look at him - he totally reminds me of another undersized MLB we had here a while back...

I am a B.C. Lions fan and have watched Bighill over his entire career with the Leos. I will respectfully disagree he can be a starter in the NFL. I love his heart and his ability but he wasn't even the best linebacker on the Lions. That would be Solomon Elimimian and he couldn't make it in the NFL.

I live in the Philly broadcast area, so I get to see all their games. Both Cherry and Bradham are solid depth. But Bradham brings more, because he's more seasoned and able to contribute in sub packages for them. Cherry right now is more developmental type.

I am a B.C. Lions fan and have watched Bighill over his entire career with the Leos. I will respectfully disagree he can be a starter in the NFL. I love his heart and his ability but he wasn't even the best linebacker on the Lions. That would be Solomon Elimimian and he couldn't make it in the NFL.
Hey fellow Lionbacker! ;) Respectfully disagree with you - I think Solomon was better before he left and Bighill afterwards. No matter, they were always close in size, ability, etc. Best linebacking tandem in the league - at least we can agree on that. ;)

And I watched Bighill in a couple preseason games with the Saints here - believe it or not, he's making plays! Solo tackles, sacks, even an INT - I was skeptical myself until I saw it. Can he be a starter - I don't know - I don't know if he can even make a team yet. But on a team like ours with no depth at all at LB, he could be worth a look. He's a better LB than Deon Lacey ever was with Edmonton, that's for sure.

Phazahn Odom TE

He was expected to make the Steelers roster until they made the McDonald trade with the 49ers. Really high upside receiving TE. This guy just explodes off the line, which is amazing for a guy 6'8" 250 with 36 inch arms.

Rumor is the Broncos are on the verge of cutting Safety TJ Ward. Does he fit in Miami's scheme?

They are in contract negotiations with McDonald, not sure safety would be high on the radar. LB and OL must be a priority with cuts.

Back
Top Bottom