Five winners — and five disappointments — of Dolphins' summer | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Five winners — and five disappointments — of Dolphins' summer

Actually Maxwell played most of his best ball for Miami after Jones was injured. I don't recall them looking that great in the first 6 games of the season when Jones was healthy. Jones was off to a decent start, but not Maxwell.

Maxwell only fared well later in the season b/c there were easier weaknesses to exploit.

Think about it. Who are the best players on this team right now?
Jarvis Landry (drafted by Hickey)
Jay Ajayi (drafted by Hickey)
Ndomukong Suh (free agent signing by Tannenbaum)
Reshad Jones (drafted by Ireland)
Ryan Tannehill (when he was healthy...drafted by Ireland)

If Parker plays in the regular season like he has in the preseason you can add him to the list (drafted by Hickey)

Who are some of the biggest disappointments so far?
Leonte Carroo (drafted by Tannenbaum and Ireland 2.0)
Jordan Phillips (drafted by Hickey who was forced to by Tannenbaum...yes it's been reported by a number of sources in Miami)
Charles Harris (drafted by Tannenbaum and Ireland 2.0)...yes it's early but even Dion Jordan had a sack in the preseason his rookie year.

Outside of Godchaux, who was a very fortunate find, I don't expect this class to contribute diddly squat. We'll see if last years class can take the next step but we got minimal contributions last year outside of Tunsil playing LG.

Hickey never got started and he was swept aside thanks to Philbins incompetence and Ross being mesmerized for some reason by Tannenbaums Jets track record. McMillan gets a pass obviously, but there's early potential that the 2016 draft mimics the 2013 invisible draft class. Lots of pressure on Harris and Tankersley to contribute.

Hickey never got started and he was swept aside thanks to Philbins incompetence and Ross being mesmerized for some reason by Tannenbaums Jets track record. McMillan gets a pass obviously, but there's early potential that the 2016 draft mimics the 2013 invisible draft class. Lots of pressure on Harris and Tankersley to contribute.
That's a stretch. Godchaux is starting, a 5th rounder is showing good potential already. Tankersley looks very good, Harris will come along

I don't follow college ball so not really qualified here, but, I keep seeing references to Harris as undersized or show - if there were better physical specimens at DE why did we take this guy? Am confused.

He had Great Character and work ethic (Gase was impressed with during the interview process) so we drafted him with the 22nd pick.

I don't follow college ball so not really qualified here, but, I keep seeing references to Harris as undersized or show - if there were better physical specimens at DE why did we take this guy? Am confused.

I don't watch nearly as much college ball as I'd like to, but did see Harris a few times. I think he has been well schooled at Missouri in the pass rush. Has a lot going for him, a bull rush, nice spin move, gets off the ball quickly. His negatives are in run defense, where others have stated he doesn't use his hands well.

Early reports from camp indicated that Harris was working hard, learning from Wake and Jason Taylor. I think he's just off to a rough start in pre-season.

I don't watch nearly as much college ball as I'd like to, but did see Harris a few times. I think he has been well schooled at Missouri in the pass rush. Has a lot going for him, a bull rush, nice spin move, gets off the ball quickly. His negatives are in run defense, where others have stated he doesn't use his hands well.

Early reports from camp indicated that Harris was working hard, learning from Wake and Jason Taylor. I think he's just off to a rough start in pre-season.

Harris became invisible as soon as the pads came on.

Julius Thomas blows. He has done next to nothing all preseason. Looks and plays disinterested.

Been a knock on him since the day he stepped foot in the league. But I was told that you cant take the word of a few teammates of his, for reasons I am not aware of other that people don't like to hear and/or accept negative comments about players on their favorite team.

Think about it. Who are the best players on this team right now?
Jarvis Landry (drafted by Hickey)
Jay Ajayi (drafted by Hickey)
Ndomukong Suh (free agent signing by Tannenbaum)
Reshad Jones (drafted by Ireland)
Ryan Tannehill (when he was healthy...drafted by Ireland)

If Parker plays in the regular season like he has in the preseason you can add him to the list (drafted by Hickey)

Who are some of the biggest disappointments so far?
Leonte Carroo (drafted by Tannenbaum and Ireland 2.0)
Jordan Phillips (drafted by Hickey who was forced to by Tannenbaum...yes it's been reported by a number of sources in Miami)
Charles Harris (drafted by Tannenbaum and Ireland 2.0)...yes it's early but even Dion Jordan had a sack in the preseason his rookie year.

Outside of Godchaux, who was a very fortunate find, I don't expect this class to contribute diddly squat. We'll see if last years class can take the next step but we got minimal contributions last year outside of Tunsil playing LG.

I'll take hickey over Grier all day.

Pretty easily and you answered your own question as well. Jones has a pro bowl reputation, is one of the best at his position, and Maxwell has never sniffed such recognition.

I have the confidence that Jones will settle in seeing his first action in a long time. On the other hand, Maxwell consistently blows coverages, assignment, and tackles.
Ok Son of Shula, I take it back!

I think it's too soon to be overly concerned, though. Let's see what happens in the season.

If he can be a disruption,pressure type of guy, I'll take it. But 250 pound DE's with a 7.47 3 cones usually never become double digit sack type of guys

Been a knock on him since the day he stepped foot in the league. But I was told that you cant take the word of a few teammates of his, for reasons I am not aware of other that people don't like to hear and/or accept negative comments about players on their favorite team.

Guilty, but yeah, Julius Thomas looks like an old man out there.

Feels good to dump on someone for dissing Jay Cutler right now, is all. And yes, Sons of Shula, there is an Adam Gase.

That's my whole argument this year with this team...Because Gase.

He's a formula one in a NASCAR coaching world. I've seen things man...things!

Back
Top Bottom